• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Have an Exact Recipe Using the Mandoline to Make Fresh

I forgot to mention - you can also put a wedge of lemon in the bottom of the glass before you add the champagne. It really gives it that "tiffany" lemonade flavor.
hoosiergrad802
Does anyone have an exact recipe using the mandoline to make fresh squeezed lemonade? Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Lemonadecreepy....I was just soming here to ask this same question!!!

Re: LemonadeI slice 3-4 lemons (depending on the size and juiciness) into the QSP using the v-shaped blade on the mandoline. Add 2/3 cup sugar and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to pull the juice out of the fruit. Fill pitcher with water and plunge to mix.

Re: LemonadeYummy. Thanks Ann.

Re: LemonadeAlmost forgot - if you're going to store leftovers, take the lemon slices out. If they sit too long in the lemonade, it will get bitter.

Re: Lemonade
chefann said:
I slice 3-4 lemons (depending on the size and juiciness) into the QSP using the v-shaped blade on the mandoline. Add 2/3 cup sugar and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to pull the juice out of the fruit. Fill pitcher with water and plunge to mix.

I use 1/2 cup of sugar and don't even let it sit...it's pretty good, too and a great way to show the UM and QSP...stir until most of the lemon slices work their way to the top. It's YUM!

chefann said:
I slice 3-4 lemons (depending on the size and juiciness) into the QSP using the v-shaped blade on the mandoline. Add 2/3 cup sugar and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to pull the juice out of the fruit. Fill pitcher with water and plunge to mix.

Which QSP?

Re: LemonadeI use 2 lemons in the 2Q/L qsp & 4 lemons in the family sized QSP. The last time I did it, I sliced 3 of the lemons & pressed one with the citrus press.

leftymac said:
Which QSP?

The recipe posted is for the 2-quart.

You can make strawberry or raspberry lemonade by adding a few berries before you plunge it.

Re: LemonadeI use 6 lemons in the large Quick Stir... I start off with a half cup sugar, and then add more. The recipe I got says 1 cup sugar, but I usually use less. Plus, now I am making it half and half with splenda. Which reminds me, need lemons for the 4th. The people's house were are going over to, well the lady doesn't drink ( I know... there's one in every crowd!!) and we always have such yummy things for us lushes, I thought making her some good homemade lemonade would be nice.

Re: Lemonadethanks everyone-getting ready for Kids Cooking Camp next week!

chefmeg said:
thanks everyone-getting ready for Kids Cooking Camp next week!

Good luck with the camp. I so want to do this but haven't even begun to plan.

Re: LemonadeThanks for the lemonade recipe - I'm going to go make some with Splenda right now - ahh! :)

Re: LemonadeI make my lemonade with Splenda too...
My other lemonade recipe (non-sugar free) is this:
Raspberry Lemonade mix -Country Time (dry mix)
1 lime juiced
1 lime sliced for garnish
I have been making this as an "extra" at my brunch shows and everyone really enjoyed it. I like to show the Quik-Stir in use. For evening shows, I usually leave out the lime and show them how to serve it mixed with champagne!

ChefMary412 said:
I make my lemonade with Splenda too...
My other lemonade recipe (non-sugar free) is this:
Raspberry Lemonade mix -Country Time (dry mix)
1 lime juiced
1 lime sliced for garnish
I have been making this as an "extra" at my brunch shows and everyone really enjoyed it. I like to show the Quik-Stir in use. For evening shows, I usually leave out the lime and show them how to serve it mixed with champagne!

which size pitcher do you use?

do tell about the champagne!

chefmeg said:
which size pitcher do you use?

do tell about the champagne!

OOOHH!! Yes!!

1. How do I use the mandoline to make fresh vegetable slices?

To use the mandoline, first adjust the thickness setting to your desired thickness. Next, place the vegetable on the mandoline and use the hand guard to protect your fingers while sliding the vegetable back and forth over the blade. Always use caution and follow the instructions in the manual for best results.

2. Can I use the mandoline to make fruit slices as well?

Yes, the mandoline can be used to slice a variety of fruits such as apples, pears, and even softer fruits like tomatoes. Just be sure to adjust the thickness setting accordingly and use the hand guard to protect your fingers.

3. What is the best way to clean the mandoline after use?

After using the mandoline, rinse it with warm soapy water and use a brush to remove any remaining food particles. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away. Some mandolines are also dishwasher safe, but always check the manual for specific cleaning instructions.

4. Can I make julienne cuts with the mandoline?

Yes, most mandolines come with a julienne blade that allows you to make thin, matchstick-like cuts. Just switch out the regular blade for the julienne blade and adjust the thickness setting to your desired size.

5. Is it necessary to use the hand guard while using the mandoline?

Yes, it is highly recommended to use the hand guard while using the mandoline to avoid any potential accidents. The sharp blades can easily cut through food and fingers, so always use caution and follow the instructions in the manual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosiergrad802
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
4kids4me
  • Jenni
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cmdtrgd