• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes Using Fresh Herbs - Ideas Needed

In summary, using fresh herbs in cooking is a great way to add flavor and depth to your dishes. You can chop them, make herb-infused oils or butters, or blend them into pesto. Popular dishes that use fresh herbs include pasta, salads, and soups. While fresh herbs have a stronger flavor, dried herbs can often be substituted in recipes. To keep fresh herbs fresh longer, store them like flowers in the fridge. Different herbs pair well with different types of cuisine, such as basil and oregano in Italian dishes and cilantro and cumin in Mexican cuisine.
Kathytnt
I am looking for recipes that use two or more fresh herbs - Many of our recipes call for dried herbs.

I have a few but I am wanting to design a theme show for spring and want to create a recipe booklet or a guide to which cookbooks have great recipes

I will share when I have created this

THan

You can use fresh in place of dried in just about any recipe. Uuse 2 to 3 times as much of fresh.

my fave tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, basil strips, fresh cracked pepper and balsamic dressing sometimes I whisk in fresh garlic
i think I see fed ex coming! !!

Green Goddess Dressing:
1 C. Parsley Leaves (or a combo of any fresh herbs, I use basil, thyme, whatever is growing), finely minced
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 scallion, minced
2 T. vinegar (white balsamic, sherry, white wine)
1t. Dijon Mustard
1 t. anchovy paste (yes...you can leave it out:)
1 C. Mayo
1 C. sour cream
I usually make it in the food processor, but it is not necessary.
Yummy as a dip, on salad, on grilled fish...

k you for sharing your interest in incorporating fresh herbs into your cooking! As a pampered chef consultant, I have access to a variety of recipes that feature multiple fresh herbs. I would be more than happy to assist you in creating a recipe booklet or guide for your spring theme show. In the meantime, I can recommend some of our top cookbooks that have delicious recipes using fresh herbs. Just let me know what herbs you are interested in and I can provide you with some specific recipe suggestions. Looking forward to working with you and helping you elevate your cooking with fresh herbs!

1. How can I use fresh herbs in my cooking?

One easy way to use fresh herbs in your cooking is to finely chop them and mix them into your dishes. You can also make herb-infused oils or butters by steeping herbs in oil or melted butter. Another popular method is to make herb pesto by blending herbs with nuts, cheese, and oil.

2. What are some popular dishes that use fresh herbs?

Some popular dishes that use fresh herbs include pasta dishes, salads, roasted vegetables, and soups. Fresh herbs can also be used in marinades, dressings, and sauces to add flavor and depth to your meals.

3. Can I substitute dried herbs for fresh herbs in recipes?

While fresh herbs have a stronger and more vibrant flavor, you can often substitute dried herbs for fresh herbs in recipes. Keep in mind that dried herbs are more concentrated, so you will need to use less of them. Generally, you can use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs for every 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs called for in a recipe.

4. How do I store fresh herbs to keep them fresh longer?

The best way to store fresh herbs is to treat them like flowers. Trim the ends and place them in a jar or glass of water, cover loosely with a plastic bag, and store in the refrigerator. You can also wrap them in a damp paper towel and place them in a plastic bag in the fridge. This will help keep them fresh for up to a week.

5. Which herbs pair well with certain types of cuisine?

Herbs can enhance the flavors of different cuisines. For example, basil and oregano are commonly used in Italian dishes, while cilantro and cumin are found in Mexican cuisine. Rosemary and thyme are popular in Mediterranean dishes, and ginger and lemongrass are commonly used in Asian cooking. Experiment with different herbs to find the perfect flavor combinations for your favorite types of cuisine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ghosking1856
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
blessedrub
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedcheermom