• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Show Recipe Ideas for Appetizers That Do Not Heat up Kitchen

In summary, My host for June 5th originally wanted the phyllo wrapped asparagus, but she doesn't think too many of her guests like asparagus and wants to go with something else. Preferably something that won't heat up the kitchen too much.
pamperedval
Gold Member
Anyone have any ideas? My host for June 5th originally wanted the phyllo wrapped asparagus, but she doesn't think too many of her guests like asparagus and wants to go with something else. Preferably something that won't heat up the kitchen too much.

I would love some ideas of things that show well and are simple.

Thanks for your help!

Cool Veggie Pizza. Cook the crust before you go.

Any kind of chip/veg and dip or fresh salsa and chips recipes would work.

Any recipe where you bake the crust ahead of time would work--Cool Veggie Pizza, Clubhouse Chicken Squares come to mind immediately.

Fruit pizza, too.

The salsa we keep mentioning in the catalog is great!

Apple Berry Salsa. Sam's Club has cinnamon tortilla chips, so you don't need to bake them (although DO talk about making them on a stone).

what about 30 min chicken or the new recipes for pork loin?

Touchdown Taco Dip made in the microwave. Mmmmmm!

Micro dishesI love micro dishes. I would try to make a micro cake either in the Rice Cooker, or the fluted pan. Or you could always do a simple cool Trifle.

Then for an appetizer, I love the Clubhouse chicken squares. No baking required, you just bake the crust at home and bring to the show to demo with all the delicious cool toppings (canned chicken, cucumbers, cheese, dill/cream cheese, tomatoes, bacon) it's so pretty and so good.

Canapes are good and easy too and you can choose any variety in the All the best cookbook I believe.

Debbie :D

BLT Ranch Salad Pizza

Stacie,
I've seen the recipe for the BLT Ranch Salad Pizza, but haven't made it yet. Have you done it for a show? If so, any tips you'd care to share for it?

Thanks!
Paula

I've been loving to make the Colossal Chopped Salad. The chicken and pasta can be cooked ahead of time. Or the Jerk Chicken Salad if the chicken is cooked ahead of time. I think salads are perfect for this!:)

I would recommend a trifle or the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte which I always make on the Chillzanne Rectangle Server... just don't do the icst if you are bringing the ingredients, because after having them in my car and then trying to use them, they just melted too much and made a mess. When I did it at a host's house when she bought the ingredients, it was a hit and everyone loved it!

1. What are some easy no-bake appetizer recipes?

Some easy no-bake appetizer recipes that are perfect for hot summer days include caprese skewers, fruit and cheese platters, and hummus with pita chips.

2. Can you recommend any chilled appetizers?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious chilled appetizer options such as shrimp cocktail, ceviche, and chilled vegetable gazpacho.

3. What are some unique cold appetizer ideas?

If you're looking for something unique, you can try making stuffed cucumber cups with a creamy filling, watermelon and feta skewers, or crab and avocado dip served in endive leaves.

4. Are there any appetizers that don't require refrigeration?

Yes, there are several options for appetizers that don't require refrigeration such as bruschetta, antipasto skewers, and prosciutto-wrapped melon slices.

5. Can you suggest any make-ahead appetizers?

Absolutely! Some make-ahead appetizer ideas include marinated olives, cheese balls, and smoked salmon pinwheels. These can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristamk
  • lesliec