• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carrot Cake Cups: Is It Just Me...

or are these really hard to remove from the MMP?They were pretty easy to remove. I just sprayed with Baker's Joy (shortening w.flour), chopped the carrots very finely, added them to the batter, and poured the batter into the cups.
kam
Staff member
...or are these really hard to remove from the MMP?

I sprayed with Baker's Joy (shortening w.flour) - would that have made a difference that I didn't use staright non-stick spray?

It was painstakingly slow! And they kept trying to fall apart. I could not have imagined doing that at a show.

Use a citrus peeler!

I found out that you cannot overfill them! Otherwise they were pretty easy to remove.

NooraK said:
Use a citrus peeler!

I tried the citrus peeler, chopsticks and finally, the Quickcut Paring knife. I had to cut around the entire muffin with the knife.

wadesgirl said:
I found out that you cannot overfill them! Otherwise they were pretty easy to remove.

Yes, they did seem full - but the batter was divided up evenly between all 24 cups. Maybe next time, I'll fill them a little less.

Thanks!

I've made these twice and didn't have any problems. I also used Baker's Joy, but I didn't wait until they were cool to remove them. As soon as I could stand to handle them I started pulling them out.

kam said:
Yes, they did seem full - but the batter was divided up evenly between all 24 cups. Maybe next time, I'll fill them a little less.

Thanks!

Did you use a full sized box of cake mix!? It only needs 1/2 a box or a 'cupcake' box. Maybe you had too much batter.....?

The recipe says to cool in pan for 3 minutes. Did you let them cool too long?

kam said:
...or are these really hard to remove from the MMP?

I sprayed with Baker's Joy (shortening w.flour) - would that have made a difference that I didn't use staright non-stick spray?

It was painstakingly slow! And they kept trying to fall apart. I could not have imagined doing that at a show.

ya.. at our cluster meeting this week - they were hard to get out!

Pedey said:
Did you use a full sized box of cake mix!? It only needs 1/2 a box or a 'cupcake' box. Maybe you had too much batter.....?

Nope - used only 9 oz. I actually had a Jiffy 9 oz Yellow Cake mix.

DebbieJ said:
The recipe says to cool in pan for 3 minutes. Did you let them cool too long?

As soon as I finished pushing them in with the tart shaper (I figure that took atleast 2-3 minutes) I started trying to get them out. They took so long to get out that by the time I was done, the last ones had been in the pan close to 10 minutes. So I didn't really notice any difference from taking them out right away to having them stay in the pan too long.

stefani2 said:
ya.. at our cluster meeting this week - they were hard to get out!
Good, not just me!

the small stainless steel scoop puts right amount into the cups of the pan.

I spreay my pan with non-stick with flour and have had not problem, as soon as I pull the pan from the oven I give it a little toss, just to see how loose they are, then pull then as soon as I can..

I just made these for my office yesterday and they came out fine.
I didn't have any problems with them coming out of the pan.
I did notice though that I almost forgot to double the recipe items since I used a full size cake mix. Don't forget that part!!!
I agree with Terry that the small scoop is the way to go, it filled the cups perfectly.
One other thing, though these are called Carrot Cake they tasted more like Spice Cake. I am going to try and find a good moist carrot cake recipe and try it again with that.

When getting ingredients, I went off the top of my head, and bought a carrot cake, thinking that was what it called for. I deleted the all-spice. They came out very delicious.

KimoMakano said:
I just made these for my office yesterday and they came out fine.
I didn't have any problems with them coming out of the pan.
I did notice though that I almost forgot to double the recipe items since I used a full size cake mix. Don't forget that part!!!
I agree with Terry that the small scoop is the way to go, it filled the cups perfectly.
One other thing, though these are called Carrot Cake they tasted more like Spice Cake. I am going to try and find a good moist carrot cake recipe and try it again with that.

It won't work. My AD was experimenting, and tried to make the carrot cake recipe for these as a torte. She showed us how it turned out. Very flat and heavy. The recipe is formulated to produce a cup for the cream filling, and it is denser and heavier than a regular carrot cake recipe would be. It has to be to hold it's shape when you press it down and fill it.

1. What are the ingredients for the carrot cake cups?

The main ingredients for the carrot cake cups include flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vegetable oil, eggs, grated carrots, and crushed pineapple. Optional ingredients include raisins, nuts, and shredded coconut.

2. Can I make the carrot cake cups in advance?

Yes, you can make the carrot cake cups ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the fridge before serving.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients for dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can make substitutions for dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour and dairy-free milk for a gluten-free and dairy-free version. You can also use a sugar substitute for a lower sugar option.

4. How do I know when the carrot cake cups are done baking?

You can use a toothpick or cake tester to check if the carrot cake cups are done baking. Insert it into the center of a cupcake and if it comes out clean, they are done. Alternatively, you can gently press the top of a cupcake and if it springs back, they are done.

5. Can I use a different type of frosting for the carrot cake cups?

Yes, you can use a different type of frosting for the carrot cake cups. Cream cheese frosting is a classic pairing, but you can also use vanilla or chocolate frosting. You can also skip the frosting and dust the carrot cake cups with powdered sugar instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • phun2cook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • babywings76