• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Use Torte Pans for Pumpkin Flan?

In summary, you can use a torte pan instead of a flan pan for pumpkin flan, but it may affect the shape and baking time. The flan will not stick to a torte pan like it does to a flan pan, and a springform pan can also be used as a substitute. It is not necessary to grease the torte pan, but you can do so if desired.
tinat51796
One of my coworkers, who used to be a consultant years ago, brought a pumpkin flan to a potluck. She used the flan pans that PC used to sell. Can we do the same recipes with the torte pans? Thanks!

Yep - should work pretty much the same.

Yes, you can use the torte pans to make pumpkin flan. The torte pans are similar to the flan pans, with a removable bottom and fluted edges, so they should work just as well for making flan. Just make sure to grease the pan well before pouring in the flan mixture, and follow the recipe instructions as usual. Happy baking!

1. Can I use a torte pan instead of a flan pan for pumpkin flan?

Yes, you can use a torte pan instead of a flan pan for pumpkin flan. It may affect the shape and appearance of the flan, but it will still taste delicious.

2. Do I need to adjust the baking time if I use a torte pan for pumpkin flan?

Yes, you may need to adjust the baking time if you use a torte pan for pumpkin flan. The flan may cook faster in a torte pan, so keep an eye on it and check for doneness a few minutes earlier than the recommended time in the recipe.

3. Will the flan stick to a torte pan like it does to a flan pan?

No, the flan will not stick to a torte pan like it does to a flan pan. Torte pans usually have a non-stick coating or are made of non-stick material, making it easier to remove the flan from the pan.

4. Can I use a springform pan as a substitute for a torte pan?

Yes, you can use a springform pan as a substitute for a torte pan. The shape and size may be slightly different, but it will still work for making pumpkin flan.

5. Do I need to grease the torte pan before pouring in the flan mixture?

It is not necessary to grease a torte pan before pouring in the flan mixture, especially if it has a non-stick coating. However, you can lightly grease the pan if you prefer to ensure the flan does not stick to the sides.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas