• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Ship a Catalog Show to My Consultant?

Just thought i would let you know b/c i would hate for you to miss out all on that free stuff like the girl in my cluster...If you do it as stated above you will not have any problems.
bridgetbakes
I have a catalog show host who would like to have the show shipped to me. That is allowable, right? Anything special I would need to note in Pampered Partner?

(My SS1 is not going too badly. I have had 1 $700 cooking show and have 3 more cooking shows coming up and 1 catalog show. Hope I qualify this month! :) )

Yes, that's fine. I am in SS1 and just qualified in my 2nd show. You can do it!! Congrats on a great start! Doesn't a successful 1st show really boost your confidence!?

Julie

Having a successful show DOES boost confidence Julie! I am so grateful!

Regarding shipping the show to me, do I need to note anything special in PP?

Make sure you put "c/o Your Name" in the first address line. There is a possibility that HO would see your address and not give you commissionable sales on some or all of the orders. I'm not sure how that happens...

bklofft said:
Having a successful show DOES boost confidence Julie! I am so grateful!

Regarding shipping the show to me, do I need to note anything special in PP?

Be sure that the address reads something like:

Host Name
c/o Consultant Name (you)
your address

You want to be sure that the show is listed as the host so they will get all of their benefits - you don't want it to look like you are the host.

I've done it this way several times and have not had any problems.

Linda

I have the majority of my shows shipped to me. I have never had HO call me on any of them. I offer it on all of my big shows as a thank you and help to the hostess. I think it can be so overwhelming for a host to have all those boxes arrive at her home and have to divide it all up. Also if there are any problems I am the one that finds it out and can take care of it. :D

Thanks!Thanks everyone for your helpful info! :cool:

My director tells me it's bad business practice for me to have shows sent to my house...but anyways(If a hosts asks i don't tell her no)...one of the new recruits in our cluster did this and it messed her up on the ss packages b/c it was sent to her house even though she didn't personally do the show...Just thought i would let you know b/c i would hate for you to miss out all on that free stuff like the girl in my cluster...

If you do it as stated above

Host name
c/o your name
your address
your city state zip

You will not have any problems.

Just be sure to UNCHECK the box to update contact management otherwise you'll lose all of her personal info.

I've done this plenty and never had a problem.

I've done this when I've had trouble collecting the balance of the show but I needed to get the show IN. I've also done it if the Host is going to be out of town. I don't change the Host's name to mine, just the address to reflect that it's coming to me - just like already mentioned.

tiffanypc05 said:
My director tells me it's bad business practice for me to have shows sent to my house...but anyways(If a hosts asks i don't tell her no)...one of the new recruits in our cluster did this and it messed her up on the ss packages b/c it was sent to her house even though she didn't personally do the show...Just thought i would let you know b/c i would hate for you to miss out all on that free stuff like the girl in my cluster...

Why does your director think it is a bad business practice? I have just started and I have offered this as a benefit to my family and friends. I probably won't do it for very long, but everyone has really appreciated me sorting the shipment and getting it to them.

I would like to know as well why she thinks it is bad business. I personally think it is a great customer service for our hosts. I have always had them be very appreciative and thank me for taking care of it. But I seriously would like to know why, maybe I am missing something. That is why I like to visit this site, you just never know if the idea you think is great really might not be. It is always good to hear other points of view.

tiffanypc05 said:

I have a hard time understanding why your director would tell you its bad business practice..... Did she give a reason???

The only way you don't get credit for the show is if you list yourself as the host.

I sometimes ship shows to my house. If I haven't collected the money or if I have added orders to her show...If I have an order from a friend or something I will add to a show to save shipping costs and help the host...you have to list the hosts name and the C/O your name and address. The host gets credit and you get commission. One thing I have thought of is that tax is based on the shipping address (I think) and if you hold a show in one town and have it shipped to another, the town the package was shipped to will get the sales tax...and the rate could be different.

Okay this is the explanation i received....if i give this service but then the hosts does a show for someone else and they refuse to do this then it makes them look bad....I don't think its bad business practice this is clearly my directors point of view...she says that even hosts that live in apartments or housing divisions need to be delivered there and it's not up to me or the host to decide if the place is safe to leave it there or not she say's ups will decide on that...well i'm not going to put my host in that predicament(?) I would rather have it delivered to my own home. She had a talk with me about this the other day. It's crazy I know but she says it's also too much extra work that you could cut out of your schedule. Plus, how are you supposed to say "NO" I'm not going to let you have your show delivered to my house? I feel that would be kind of rude...but hey i guess if i could sell $15,000 in one month like my director did last month i may could tell them no....but anyways...just know that i don't agree with her opinion....There's a few more things that she doesn't think you should do with your business...pm me if you want to know these....anyways my hubby says i should just leave her alone and go on and run my business the way i want to run it and that i need to find another director's meetings to go to....One other thing b4 i go, she doesn't agree with this site b/c it's not ran by pampered chef AND b/c one day some other consultant called her and said that there was one of the ruby rings on here for sale...i think it pissed her off but then again I've never seen a ruby ring on here for sale...

Last edited:
Your Director may think it's a bad business practice because there are some Consultants who have gotten into trouble for doing this. . . I don't know all the details but I do know consultants who were told that orders are to be shipped to the Host and not to the Consultant. I believe that it has something to do with falsifying shows. (By the way, in the instance I am aware of, I don't think the Consultants were falsifying anything.)

I have shipped orders to myself (Host was out-of-town or for a Mystery Host show). I've never had a problem but I know others who have been contacted by the Home Office.

Because I know others have had problems . . .I limit shipping to myself for only those situtations listed above. You may want to consider shipping to yourself the exception rather than the rule.

Uh-oh!
cmdtrgd said:
Make sure you put "c/o Your Name" in the first address line. There is a possibility that HO would see your address and not give you commissionable sales on some or all of the orders. I'm not sure how that happens...

Okay, now I'm worried! I just submitted (and already received the products) a show that I put under my future sister-in-law's name, but put in my address as the address. To make matters worse, There was only one order for the show for $230 under my name. :eek: The reason I did this is because she only registered for maybe 20 things and she was really only going to let my family know about it, so I just turned it into a catalog show for us. However, I still wanted to give her the 10% off for a year as a thank-you for "registering" with me and helping may sales a bit. I'm really hoping it still counts towards my June sales because I just had my second show for the month cancel becasue of low attendance (must be the month!) Someone please tell me if I was wrong in doing what I did! Also, would HO have contacted me if they weren't going to give it to me as a commissionable show?

Field Services ResponseI called Field Services and was told there is NO problem with shipping to your address. Make sure you List the Host's Name and Phone number in Pampered Partner.

I have sent my last 10 shows to my house with no problems with delivery or comission....

1. How does the "Ok to Ship Show to Consultant" option work?

The "Ok to Ship Show to Consultant" option allows customers to have their orders from a Pampered Chef show shipped directly to their consultant for distribution.

2. Can I use this option for online orders?

No, this option is only available for orders placed at an in-person Pampered Chef show. Online orders are shipped directly to the customer's chosen address.

3. Is there an additional cost for using this option?

No, there is no additional cost for using the "Ok to Ship Show to Consultant" option. It is included in the regular shipping fees for Pampered Chef orders.

4. How long does it take for the consultant to receive the orders?

Orders typically take 3-5 business days to arrive at the consultant's address after the show has closed.

5. Can I change my shipping preference after placing the order?

No, once an order has been placed with the "Ok to Ship Show to Consultant" option, it cannot be changed. If you need to make changes, please contact your consultant directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lisaw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisaw
  • kylev