• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Attract Qualified Leads at a Farmer's Market Without Free Giveaways?

In summary, you set up a booth like a fair, gave away recipe cards, business cards, and recruiting information. The booth is open from 8am to 1pm. You did not do product demo's, but you had the mandoline and food chopper available. You had no food samples.
mrssyvo
I am preparing for my Farmer's Market gig this Summer (I have the booth all Summer, but offering to fellow consultants as well) My dillema is with Drawing slips- I have heard here that if you are giving something away, they are not qualified leads, because people will just enter to win something. I do not want to give away "free" shows as a prize, because I feel it is dishonest,m however, to increase bookings, I will offer free shows. How do I get good qualified leads with drawing slips, without ending up with a lot of slips of paper, and chasing down people who are not interested in what i have to offer?

Offer them a free "something" - my Director uses a $15 cookbook - when they book their show at your booth. You'll deliver it to them when they actually hold it. That way, you're getting real leads and not people who only want the freebie. And you're not out anything except your time in the booth if they cancel later.

I really like the cookbook idea...WHEN they HOLD their show...smart!

bumping this...I am trying to get a proposal together to do a Farmer's Market...

When I was at a craft show I didn't do a drawing. I had my slips there and when someone showed an interest I'd offer one with a pen and say "if you'd like, I can add you to my email or snail mail newsletter to keep you up to date with specials and offers"... I got a few simply by doing that, not offering anything more than information and it weeded out those who really weren't interested.

You can do a drawing for a $15-20 gift certificate of extra free product at their show and/or tell them that if they choose from among your available dates today then you will even bring the ingredients for FREE. If you do a choose your date today deal just allow an opportunity in your conversation to follow up with those that are truly interested in a show, the business, a newsletter etc. without having to "choose a date right now."

Update on my first Farmer's MarketI had my first Saturday at Farmer's Market last Saturday, and it was a BLAST!!!! I had $300 in orders, lots of contacts, and people were glad to hear I would be there every Saturday (or fellow consultant)

Wow, that's great! I hadn't even thought of setting up a booth at the Farmer's Market.

mrssyvo said:
I had my first Saturday at Farmer's Market last Saturday, and it was a BLAST!!!! I had $300 in orders, lots of contacts, and people were glad to hear I would be there every Saturday (or fellow consultant)

How did you set up? Like a fair?
Did you do product demo's?
Did you give out any food samples?
TIA!
:)

I set it up like a fair- I have a canopy, for shade, and 2 tables across the front- The cash & carry items I have are small (spices, mini-spatula's, corn nobs & butterers, season's best, etc) and I take orders for the rest. I have the party sticks set up in a flower arrangement, with glasses, & 2 liter bottle, and collapsible bowl and serving set- I am trying to keep it in line with the Farmer's market, Outdoor entertaining feel. I gave away recipe cards, with refgerral coupon on it, old catalogs, and I have the mini-catalogs with new products. Biz cards, and recruiting info avaialble. It is only from 8AM to 1PM, and it only took me about 10 minutes to put it all away, right into my SUV, that was parked there- did not have to haul anything.

I did not do any product demo's, but I did have my mandoline & food chopper there, with potatoes, if anyone wanted to try them. Also, no food samples.

WONDERFUL Ideas...Thank You So Much!!

1. What is the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" product?

The "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" is a versatile cooking tool that allows you to easily chop, mince, and puree fresh herbs, garlic, and other ingredients, making it the perfect tool for creating delicious recipes with farmer's market finds.

2. How does the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" work?

The "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" features a sharp blade and a unique rocking motion that makes chopping and mincing ingredients quick and effortless. Simply place your ingredients on a cutting board and rock the "Dilemma" back and forth to chop and mince to your desired consistency.

3. Is the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the product.

4. Can the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" be used for other types of food besides herbs and garlic?

Absolutely! The "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" can be used to chop and mince a variety of ingredients, including vegetables, nuts, and even chocolate. It's a versatile tool that can be used for all your cooking needs.

5. Is the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" covered by a warranty?

Yes, the "Dilemma for Farmer's Market" comes with a lifetime warranty. If at any time you encounter an issue with your product, simply contact our customer service and we will be happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies