• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Camping Gear for My Weekend Trip: What Should I Buy?

In summary, the author suggests some products that could be used for camping, such as a tent, cooking utensils, and a cup. She also recommends some entertainment options, such as noise from a tent, that may not be suitable for everyone. Finally, she suggests that people should keep their ideas coming, as she is not an expert on camping gear.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
My DH and I are huge campers..... We have a tent ... so what are some produtcs taht I could use for camping? We are going this weekend... I think I probley had a post earily about this one...... but I am lazy these days....:D some any suggestions would be great. TIA!!

WOW! I remember the days of tent camping.
About 6 years ago our best friends begged us to camp with them so bought a 3 room tent and I offered to take care of the food for a 3 day weekend.
the first night I bring out steaks, baggies filled with lettuce, all types of veggies & croutons, 3 kinds of salad dressing, baked potatoes, sour cream bacon bits. Lemons for lemonade You can't imagine the ribbing I took from them & their sons.
They ate it and nearly died the next morning when I brought out the fruit, bagels jellies etc. Needless to say trips after that we "coordinated" the meals and ate lots of hot dogs, chips and oreos!!
I love having a camper. We camp over the 4th and I'm already planning the meals.
When we roughed it we had a rubbermaid tote we left filled with

QSP
can opener
BBQ tools
old cookware
self sharpening knives
kitchen shears
suds pump
twixits
cutting boards
MAC

I would definitely be packing a motor home!!!

I have to use my cheap cookware while camping my Dh won't let me bring any of my good stuff with us.... Ibought the self sharpening knives just for camping, but I didnt' think about the rest of it... thanks... any other suggestions out their?? keep the ideas coming!!

JAE said:
I would definitely be packing a motor home!!!

I think that is a few years away..... we have only been married 7 months.. and haven't even bought our first house yet LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
I think that is a few years away..... we have only been married 7 months.. and haven't even bought our first house yet LOL
I don't have a motor home or a camper. I'm not a camper, but my husband and boys like to camp. They sleep in a tent. I grew up doing the motel/hotel thing. As a kid my family had a blue boxy motor home for a while and we would end up at motels/hotels anyway. So I was just teasing about the motor home. I told my husband I'd go camping if we had a motor home with air conditioning, a full bathroom and he did all the cleaning and cooking. Otherwise, it's easier for me to stay home! I am so not stuck up and prissy, but I am wimpy when it comes to sleeping, cooking, and using a restroom. Before we buy a motor home I would like an inground swimming pool and a motor boat. Actually, first I would like to finish the basement. Priorities! Sorry I'm not helping much with the camping gear.

Hi Leah,To the other suggestions, I'd add the Outdoor Utensil Set. They're great for camping.The Furry Guy is an Eagle Scout. I prep the food, and he cooks it. A few of my buddies give me a rough time about how well we eat when we camp. They enjoy stopping by the campsite for dinner, though. Teresa, your camping menu sounds a lot like ours. Just because we're sleeping on the ground, that doesn't mean we can't eat well. :)

The tall guy next to me is also an Eagle Scout, I am a Girl Scout, .... I think my dh's eyes would pop out of his head if I said honey we are bringing steaks.... Then again that si what they invited grills and ice chest for isnt' it??? Though the enteritainment we got we when got to our camp site last Friday night was quite amusing... how should I put this... lets just call it "married people fun" I think they woke up everyone in the camp site with all the noise coming out of that tent:eek:

But please keep the suggestions coming!!

The silicone pot holders.....All of the grilling tools - especially the Grilling Mitt! You can move around hot logs with that on, and we have a Tri-pod grill that goes over a campfire, and it's great for that!
Smooth edge can opener......let's see, you already have the knives.
Measure-All Cup, Mix n Scraper, Cutting Board.....

I'm like Rae & Teresa though - I LOVE the challenge of cooking while camping! We have a little stove & microwave - but still make most of our meals over the fire - and we eat GOOD!
<Sigh> we are supposed to be camping this week, but instead will be in a hotel for vacation.....but we are going camping later this summer! I LOVE camping!

We think get got punky wood becasue all it did most of the time was smolder!!! But I am hoping we can get a really good camp fire out... I am to cook over the fire would be nice! I just do not want to spend alot of money getting stuff for this weekend...becasue this is also money I have to use for confernce!!

I do not like the outdoors (much) I am not a swimmer, or hiker but I can sit and read a novel under the shade of the tree. :)

For the past 4 years I resisted a camper because I knew it would be more work for me... I finally agreed to look at some, knew what I wanted and what we didn't (bunk beds don't work well with 6" 4" boys!!). I wanted a big kitchen everyone told me keep dreaming but I searched until I found the perfect one!!

We decided to make it home away from home so it is completely stocked with old towels, bedding & kitchen stuff. This way we can go spur of the moment.
When I come home we do laundry and take it back out.
It is nice to have a shower and bathroom, although my DD still prefers the bath house EEEWWW GROSS!!! the shower isn't big enough for her.

The other thing the harrassed me about the first time I had bought a Mr. Coffee coffeepot & we were in a primitive spot. They are Dr Pepper drinkers!!

Our daughters best friend usually goes with us and she is here tonight and has already requested apple pie for the 4th!!

Teresa Lynn said:
I do not like the outdoors (much) I am not a swimmer, or hiker but I can sit and read a novel under the shade of the tree. :)

For the past 4 years I resisted a camper because I knew it would be more work for me... I finally agreed to look at some, knew what I wanted and what we didn't (bunk beds don't work well with 6" 4" boys!!). I wanted a big kitchen everyone told me keep dreaming but I searched until I found the perfect one!!

We decided to make it home away from home so it is completely stocked with old towels, bedding & kitchen stuff. This way we can go spur of the moment.
When I come home we do laundry and take it back out.
It is nice to have a shower and bathroom, although my DD still prefers the bath house EEEWWW GROSS!!! the shower isn't big enough for her.

The other thing the harrassed me about the first time I had bought a Mr. Coffee coffeepot & we were in a primitive spot. They are Dr Pepper drinkers!!

There are alot of things I can do without when camping - but a good book, and my coffee pot are necessary for life to go on!

yes, I agree and an eggcrate and my soft sheets on my bed!!

I wish we could afford a Camper... but were not to that stage yet.... I think the next step is a pop up trailer..... but I think that is even a few years away for us... right now we are enjoying our tent!!!

Leah, We tent camped until the year our son turned one, and always loved it.....then, my DH, who has been a builder by trade, and will always be one by heart, built a camper for us! It's the cutest little thing! He took a utility trailer,cut in windows and a skylight, wired it for lights and electric, installed a sink, 2 burner stove, a closet, cupboards, microwave space, a table and benches that turn into a bed and a bunk above for the little guy. He put Awning w/ a privacy screen on the outside. Now, when we go camping, people usually want a "tour" to see how he did all of that! We love it, and I have to say it is easier for packing and unpacking - because so much of it I can just leave right in the camper - but I always loved tent camping too, and don't feel like we missed out on anything when we were tenting it!

We love to camp, but don't get to go near enough. We have a very small pop-up, but can pack some things in it.

The other suggestions are great, but one thing I can't live w/o is my batter bowl. I use it for many things while camping. Ex. pancakes (I use the add water only), scrambled eggs, baked beans (we have a microwave), mixing a salad, bringing water back from spout if you don't have water on your sight, using to put cooked items in so it clears out the pan for other things (ex. fried potatoes so you can cook eggs. The lid helps keep them hot.). You can even use it to wash up your utensils. Put hot water in it w/a little soap.

One thing I loved before but haven't been able to find is the disposable dish cloths w/soap already on them. They were the best for camping!

A hot plate is always a good idea. I use one for my shows and always pack it when we camp (if you have an electric spot).

The small paring knives are always handy! Also some kitchen towels (I love the old ones!).

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

We have a three man tent... now mind you we fit in their comfortably... it's the looks we get when my DH Climbs out of it.. because he is 6"7"......LOL people don't' know how he fits in their so well!!! We love Tenting though ...last weekend was the first time we have ever been together we had a blast.... and decided to go this weekend......!!

pampchefrhondab said:
We love to camp, but don't get to go near enough. We have a very small pop-up, but can pack some things in it.

The other suggestions are great, but one thing I can't live w/o is my batter bowl. I use it for many things while camping. Ex. pancakes (I use the add water only), scrambled eggs, baked beans (we have a microwave), mixing a salad, bringing water back from spout if you don't have water on your sight, using to put cooked items in so it clears out the pan for other things (ex. fried potatoes so you can cook eggs. The lid helps keep them hot.). You can even use it to wash up your utensils. Put hot water in it w/a little soap.

One thing I loved before but haven't been able to find is the disposable dish cloths w/soap already on them. They were the best for camping!

A hot plate is always a good idea. I use one for my shows and always pack it when we camp (if you have an electric spot).

The small paring knives are always handy! Also some kitchen towels (I love the old ones!).

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

I can't find them anymore either! I LOVED them for camping!

something that I need as well!!!

What are some must-have items for a weekend camping trip?

Some essential items for a weekend camping trip include a tent, sleeping bag, camping stove, cookware, and a flashlight. It's also important to bring appropriate clothing, a first aid kit, and insect repellent.

Do I need to invest in expensive camping gear?

It's not necessary to spend a lot of money on camping gear. There are plenty of affordable options available, and you can also borrow or rent equipment from friends or outdoor stores. Just make sure to do your research and invest in durable and reliable gear.

Can I bring a cooler with me on a camping trip?

Yes, a cooler is a great addition to a camping trip. It will help keep your food and drinks cold and fresh. Just make sure to pack it with plenty of ice and store it in a shaded area to prevent the ice from melting too quickly.

Is it important to consider the weight and size of my camping gear?

When packing for a camping trip, it's important to consider the weight and size of your gear. You'll likely have to carry everything to your campsite, so it's best to choose lightweight and compact options. This will also save space in your car for other essentials.

Can I bring my pet with me on a camping trip?

It depends on the camping site and their rules. Some campsites allow pets, but others may have restrictions or require additional fees. It's best to check with the campsite beforehand and make sure your pet is well-behaved and comfortable with camping activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • JT'S_COOKIN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom