• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Are Good for Camping

In summary, Trish is putting together camping gear and is considering bringing her Kitchen sheers. She recommends bringing a skewers set, a cutting board, a grill, a mitt, a chopper, a set of cups, a salt
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
My Dh and I are avid campers and so I am starting to put together stuff for our camping gear.. and I am curiors what others use in their camping kitchen...

Do you camp in a tent or camper/RV?

We use a tent... my husband says in 15 years we can get an RV LOL

haha I was asking only because it is quite a difference to cook on a fire than on a stove! :p ...let's see, a lot of aluminum foil, infused oils, seasonings, bbq set (skewers, etc etc) ...

We have a cook stove ...... :p I am not completly roughing it...

The knives with sharpening cases

QSP for sun tea
knives & cutting boards
grilling planks
BBQ tools
S & P mill
twixits for all the chip and cookie bags
suds pump
spices
cookware if you don't like cleaning the cast iron

Here's a list I've never updated.

Trish in Texas
Future Director

Attachments

• Camping Magic1a.doc
    177.5 KB · Views: 676
Thanks for sharing!!

Camping toolsI really want to try those grill planks! Has anyone tried them yet?

Also I think the forged paring and utility knife is great to have, along with all the barbecue tools, chillzane products, can opener, cutting board, and seasoning mixes.

Has anyone tried the Great Grilling recipe cards? I would like to hear some of the recipe in that.

Thanks,
Debbie :D

I got them in my samples packet but I haven't used them yet... but they might be good for camping..... I wanted the list for my own personal use BUT I think I am going to redo the list for a flyer for my shows..... for summer time shows... something to the effect of Do you have all of your camping stuff?? I bet you dont here is a wish list for all your cooking while camping needs cousrty of The Pampered Chef... When I get it created I will share with everyone!

dont forget the picnic plates if you dont mind washing dishes my idea is to get paper though and throw it in the fire. But then again you might not be able to have a fire

Grilling PlanksWe tried the grilling planks with burgers the other night! They work great! I put a little sweet and smokey bbq rub and put my husband's burger on the plank (just in case--LOL)! It smelled great while it was cooking! He said the burger was better than ever! Of course I used my Jumbo BBQ Turner to flip two burgers at once (don't forget that for camping!!!!!!) and it saved me some added moments under the grill! Great company, huh? So thoughtful with their products!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Definitely the chopper! That is a must and then of course, the grilling stuff, including the skewers and also a cutting board with a good knife! Also the grilling mitt!

I bring half my PC with me when we go camping. My DH laughs at me but uses it all LOL

bbq tools a must
I cant live without my scrapers (escpecially mix n scraper)
quick stirs
I have a griddle so I bring nylon tools for that.
if it fits in the TTA i pretty much comes with us.

I tend to keep my camping gear pretty simple (and haven't camped in a few years) but if I were putting a kit together right now I'd include

-Outdoor party plates
-Outdoor utensil set
-cups from the set on the outlet
-Quickstir pitcher
-Salt and Pepper mill
-Corn Butterer
-Bamboo spoon set
-Large colander and bowl (with lid) from the 4 piece set
-Griddle (although not sure I'd take my PC cookware -- probably use my old set so if it got lost/stolen it wouldn't be so bad)
-Seasonings

Measure all cup --- all measuring in one tool,and when not in use it serves as a great plastic ware holder.
Food chopper is a must.
I use all my old pots and pans...I even put them on the rack over the fire....I don't care how bad they look...my PC cookware is waiting for me at home.:)
Self sharpening utility knife or the new tomatoe knife.. I always take the utility knife (It's the only one I take and it works on everything.)
The chillzanne stuff might be hard to pack and keep frozen in a cooler.
We eat a lot of fruit while camping and I can't wait to take the new core and more thing.
Have fun! I love camping and if this Illinois weather will actually stay above 35 for more than a day or two I might get to go!

Awsome Sheet!
Trish1953 said:
Here's a list I've never updated.Trish in Texas
Future Director

Hi Trish!
Thanks for this. There are things here, I never even thought of !! Thanks for your work..:D???What about the Kitchen sheers do you fill w/ vinegar???

Last edited:
Bought a lot of new things on kit enhancement for our camper! I love my PC stuff and I also bought this pepper roaster from cabelas.com I stuffed the jalapenos with cream cheese and some with cheddar cheese then put a little slice of bacon on top and put a toothpick through! They were GREAT! It costs $19.99 and it's heavy duty stainless steel.

What Products Are Good for Camping?

1. What are some must-have products for camping?

Some must-have products for camping include a portable grill, a multi-purpose knife, a durable cooler, a compact cooking set, and a reliable tent.

2. Are there any specific products that are great for cooking while camping?

Yes, some great products for cooking while camping include a cast iron skillet, a camping stove, a portable coffee maker, and a set of collapsible bowls and plates.

3. Are there any products that make camping more comfortable?

There are many products that can make camping more comfortable, such as a camping chair, a portable hammock, a sleeping pad, and a portable fan.

4. What products can help with organization while camping?

Products that can help with organization while camping include a hanging toiletry bag, a collapsible storage bin, a camping pantry organizer, and a portable clothesline.

5. Are there any products specifically designed for camping with kids?

Yes, there are products specifically designed for camping with kids, such as a camping activity kit, a child-sized sleeping bag, a portable crib or playpen, and a camping high chair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JT'S_COOKIN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • mommyhugz1978