• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Campfire theme

Mar 30, 2006
Does anyone have any ideas on a campout in the kitchen theme. I have a host who wants to do this type theme. She wants to do the bite size s'more brownies in the kids cookbook, but I need ideas for a main dish or appetizer. Oh and I also need game ideas.

Thanks,
Brittiny

valleygirl2

Apr 1, 2006
I just learned this at cluster meeting tonight.
Grill not quite ripe yet bananas on a grill in the skin. use the basting bottle brush with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce to put on the bananas you could also chop nuts and have cool whip too. even ice cream maybe. i don't know just some ideas.

pcjeanie

Mar 13, 2006
I used to be a Girl Scout leader for years. I have tons of outdoor cooking recipes. One that I love is chicken fajitas. You season chicken strips with fajita seasoning mix, wrap them in foil and cook over a fire (could use a grill or cook on stoneware in the oven). You also cut peppers and onions and cook them in foil packets. You put them on a flour tortilla and add whatever else you like (tomatoes, sauce, grated cheese). It's pretty simple and adaptable to TPC products.

If you need more, let me know and I'll look up more for you.

Jeanie Gay

Grandmarita

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
I think this Taco Soup might work well for you. Precook 1 1/2 lb. ground beef with one package of Taco Seasoning (Ortega). At the campsite, combine meat, 1 jar of Salsa (24 oz. for a crowd) equal amount or double amount of water; 1 or 2 cans (15 oz.) of whole kernal corn, and 1 or 2 cans (15 oz.) of Dark Red Kidney Beans. This would give you the opportunity to use the Can Opener; 8 qt. Cooking Pot; nylon ladle; Mix & Scraper. People will love it. The longer it simmers, the greater the flavor. It is a recipe that stretches to serve a crowd. I want to give credit to my first recruit, Kim in Vermont, who
shared this recipe with me.