• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Autumnal Main Dishes for a Large Gathering?

In summary, there are many delicious vegetarian options for a fall/autumn themed main dish, such as roasted vegetable lasagna, butternut squash and sage risotto, or a vegetable pot pie. For dishes incorporating seasonal ingredients, a maple glazed pork tenderloin with roasted apples and sweet potatoes or a roasted chicken with root vegetables and cranberry glaze are great choices. Easy make-ahead dishes for a large group include slow cooker beef stew, chili, baked pasta, and casseroles. For allergy-friendly options, try gluten-free stuffed acorn squash, dairy-free pumpkin and sage pasta, or vegan lentil shepherd's pie. And for dishes made in a pressure cooker, consider savory stews, beef and barley soup, or chicken
leftymac
My host wants to do an autumnal theme, and wants a main dish type thing too as he will have people over around dinner time. There will be about 20 people at this show. For dessert, I think we'll do taffy apple tartlets. I will look into the cranberry-orange skillet bread pudding too. Any other ideas for fall/autumn/harvesty main dish things?

Cranberry Turkey Ring/Braid -- I think it's in All The Best.

janezapchef said:

Aw yeah..I don't know why I didn't even think of a ring!

Touch Down Taco Dip is a great fall recipe as is Apple Pie (PC has a couple of great choices for Apple pies).

If you want to stick with the apple theme, Apple Crisp is always a crowd pleaser & SO easy to make. We have two versions, one for the oven & one for the microwave...HTH

janezapchef said:

I made this for a Christmas in July party to keep with the theme of the party and it was a hit....completely devoured and everyone loved it! It's a winner!

I think the White Chicken Chilli... is great for fall! 20 people is alot! You could do the chili and the braid.

1. What are some vegetarian options for a fall/autumn themed main dish?

Some delicious vegetarian options for a fall gathering could include roasted vegetable lasagna, butternut squash and sage risotto, or a hearty vegetable pot pie with a flaky crust.

2. Can you recommend a dish that incorporates seasonal ingredients?

Yes, a dish that incorporates seasonal ingredients would be a maple glazed pork tenderloin with roasted apples and sweet potatoes, or a roasted chicken with root vegetables and a cranberry glaze.

3. What are some easy make-ahead dishes for a large group?

For a large gathering, you can try making a slow cooker beef stew or a hearty chili that can be made ahead and kept warm in a slow cooker. Other options could include a baked pasta dish or a casserole that can be assembled the day before and baked before serving.

4. Are there any allergy-friendly options for a fall themed main dish?

Yes, some allergy-friendly options could include a gluten-free quinoa and vegetable stuffed acorn squash, a dairy-free pumpkin and sage pasta, or a vegan lentil shepherd's pie.

5. Do you have any suggestions for a main dish that can be made in a pressure cooker?

A pressure cooker can be a great tool for making a fall themed main dish. Some options could include a savory beef or vegetarian stew, a hearty beef and barley soup, or a flavorful chicken and wild rice casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
towerbabel
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • ChefBeckyD