• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Cobbler With Apple Pie Filling

In summary, the recipe for The Apple Bundles is a good one, but you might want to consider adding cinnamon or brown sugar to it to give it a little more flavor.
kam
Staff member
I want to make an Apple themed dessert type dish for a get-together.

Has anyone made the DCB Cobbler (Pie Filling/Cake Mix/Butter) using Apple Pie Filling yet? I always do either Cherry or Strawberry - so I wasn't sure if it was just as good with Apple...should I add Cinnamon or brown sugar?

I am really tempted to try the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp - but I am doubting myself.

My other choices are:
Mom's Apple Crisp (which many on here have recommended) or
Dutch Apple Mini-Tarts (are these any good??)

Ideas/suggestions appreciated!!!

My extended family always asks for the Apple Bundles in the Delightful Dessert cookbook every fall - the ingredients are on my grocery list today in preparation for our Saturday PSU homecoming get-together. I always make a double batch, it fills the rectangle baker. But do not cut back on the sugar - I tried that and the bread sticks that are used tasted too much like bread vs. a sweet dough taste. And they are VERY quick and easy to make!!!

I have. This is the recipe I used:

1 Box Classic Yellow Cake Mix - NO BUTTER RECIPE
1 Can Apple Pie Filling
1 1/2 Sticks of Butter
4 Tbs of Cinnamon SprinkleIn Deep Covered Baker, place DRY cake mix ingredients. Open filling with Smooth Edge Can Opener and spread over cake mix. Slice Butter with EGG SLICER PLUS and place pats on top.Place lid on baker and microwave for 10 minutes. Remove from Microwave and stir. Mix well. Add sprinkles and replace top. Put back in microwave for 3 minutes.
I though it was good. Flavor was delicious! Texture was soft - but I think it's supposed to be - just not a texture I loved. But I still managed to eat like half the baker full! LOL

I made a flip cake (in the Fluted Pan) the other day. I'm sure it can be done in the DCB, as well:

1 box Spice Cake mix
1 can Apple Pie Filling
3 eggs

Beat eggs in Classic Batter Bowl with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cake mix, and whisk together as much as possible. Fold in apple pie filling. Pour in stone and microwave 10 minutes.

Notes:
If I were to do this again, I would cover the bottom of the stone with the Sweet Caramel Sprinkles and maybe the Cinnamon Sprinkles before pouring in the batter, so the finished product would have a nice crunchy top.

I would definitely add at least a teaspoon of Cinnamon Plus (or apple pie spice), to give it a little punch.

My microwave works great, so 10 minutes was plenty. Since microwave ovens vary, though, you might want to check your cake after 8 minutes to see how close it is to being done.

As I said, I did this in the Fluted Stone, and in the microwave. If you're doing this in the DCB in the oven, I don't know what the temp would be, or how long it would take. I don't think there would be any difference, though, if you bake it in the microwave.

Thanks for the suggestions - though I am no closer to deciding!:)

I hate to say it, but the thing that is holding me up on the new Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp is the price! It calls for 5 Apples - and the last time I put 5 Granny Smith Apples in a bag it was close to $7! Not to mention the $3 for the Cherry pie filling. PLus the almonds and Oatmeal Cookie Mix. Never bought a Cookie mix - so I don't know how much those run...

So, I might just stay with a Cobbler-type (3 ingredients or so).

lpacker: I have looked at the recipe for The Apple Bundles in the past - but never given them much thought. I will now need to put these on my list to try!

I have been making the Apple Cobbler in the DCB for the entire month - it is a real WOW recipe and sells the DCB after I tell them about all the other great things they can use it for. However - I put the apple pie filling in the bottom of the DCB - then cover it with the dry mix - cut my stick of butter into 1 tsp sizes and place them all over the cake mix and bake it in the micro for 15 minutes with the lid on. When it comes out - I don't stir it - I just cut into it with a spoon and make it look chunkly - then I place a serving size spoonful on their plate and let them choose from the Cinnamon Sprinkles and the Caramel Sprinkles - selling lots of those lately too. They just can't believe the awesome taste of this fabulous recipe. I'm going to use Cherry Pie filling in November.

Susan M said:
I have been making the Apple Cobbler in the DCB for the entire month - it is a real WOW recipe and sells the DCB after I tell them about all the other great things they can use it for. However - I put the apple pie filling in the bottom of the DCB - then cover it with the dry mix - cut my stick of butter into 1 tsp sizes and place them all over the cake mix and bake it in the micro for 15 minutes with the lid on. When it comes out - I don't stir it - I just cut into it with a spoon and make it look chunkly - then I place a serving size spoonful on their plate and let them choose from the Cinnamon Sprinkles and the Caramel Sprinkles - selling lots of those lately too. They just can't believe the awesome taste of this fabulous recipe. I'm going to use Cherry Pie filling in November.

So, I should just use the Applie Pie filling as is - I don't need to add cinnamon, etc to it before covering with the cake mix?

Have you tried cooking the cobbler with the Sprinkles? Or have you always just added them afterward?

I made the apple/cherry crisp last week and OHMYGOSH, is it ever delicious! I didn't use the Granny Smith apples, but ones from your tree. I think any baking apples would be good. Mine were small, so I used 3 for each Granny. Do you have a farmer's market where you could maybe get cheaper apples? My family LOVED this recipe and already want me to make it again!Sandi

I use a spice cake when I am making this with the apple pie filling. ummmmmmmm!! When i'm doing it at a show I top it with sprinkles just to show an additional product but it doesnt really need it.

I also use this as a brunch recipe. The texture sort of reminds me of a bread pudding. Oh geez - i want some now!!!

All right, where is the recipe for the Autumn Aplle Cherry Crisp? I haven't made too many of the new recipes yet this fall.
Sounds so good! Thanks!
Deb

I just sprinkle the cinn or caramel sprinkles on top after it's out of the microwave~yummy :)

The cobbler takes a full size cake mix, not one of the small 9 oz right? Thanks!

What is the DCB Cobbler with Apple Pie Filling?

The DCB Cobbler with Apple Pie Filling is a baking dish and recipe set from Pampered Chef that allows you to easily make a delicious cobbler using apple pie filling.

Do I need any special ingredients or tools to make the DCB Cobbler with Apple Pie Filling?

No, the recipe calls for basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter. The only tool you will need is the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) baking dish that comes with the set.

How many servings does the DCB Cobbler with Apple Pie Filling make?

The recipe makes approximately 6 servings, but this can vary depending on the size of your servings.

Can I use a different type of fruit filling besides apple?

Yes, you can use any type of pie filling that you prefer. Peach, cherry, or blueberry would all be great options.

Can I make the DCB Cobbler with Apple Pie Filling in the oven or only in the microwave?

The recipe can be made in both the oven and the microwave. However, the cooking time will vary depending on which method you choose. The recipe instructions provide both options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinCincy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
fifiplc