• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling for Bookings ..Try This..

M
mistym
Ok, I hum and I Ha, I over practice what I am going to say and I fret so much about calling people for bookings, I get so worked up that I just can't do it - that was until the start of this week.

I have a new trick - it worked for me and it may work for you...

Ok, I go downstairs to my office and look at my calling list. I look up the number and before I can even think about what I am doing, I start typing in the numbers. I don't give myself time to even blink - so then it starts ringing and now of course its too late to hang up. So I now have to get it together quickly before the pick up and usually something pleasant comes out of my mouth...except once when I forgot who I was calling...DOH....

so, it you get nervous before making a booking call (or recruiting) just dial the numbers before you have time to think about what you are doing. It works!!!

Misty

...or give the list to your kid and have them dial the number and quickly hand the phone to you...

LOL! If it works for you then do it...

mistym said:
just dial the numbers before you have time to think about what you are doing. It works!!!

I do this, too!! Works for me...and I don't have time to stress about it! :)

I do that too alot of times!

Yep...me too!! I do it ...and it does take the nerves out of the whole experience...
I just keep my finger on the name that I called...so I don't forget who I'm calling...sometimes I get real close to forgettine!! AHH!!

same here - and yes I have stumbled over the name too!

I have been on the phone with people (my director, my mom, my bff) and mentioned that I needed to call someone for PC, so they have told me, hang up, call right now, then call me back. I won't talk to you until you make that call. That forces me as I wasn't really thinking about what I was going to say, I was thinking about the person I was talking with. Maybe I need to do that more often...

I do that too. Just pick up and dial without thinking. Otherwise I find excuses all day for not doing it!!

I've got about 9 outside order customers to call today! Yikes - there - I thought about it too much and scared myself..

Tracie

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one with a phone phobia, lol. I've found that if i just dial, it really helps too. Overthinking is always bad!

1. Why do I get so nervous about making booking calls?

Many people experience anxiety or nervousness when it comes to making booking calls or recruiting. This could be due to a fear of rejection, lack of confidence in their abilities, or simply feeling uncomfortable with the task at hand.

2. How can I overcome my fear of making booking calls?

One way to overcome this fear is to try a new trick, like the one described in the post. By immediately dialing the number without giving yourself time to think, you may find yourself more focused and less anxious about the call.

3. What if I forget what I was going to say during the call?

It's natural to feel nervous and forgetful during a call, especially if you're new to making booking calls. If this happens, take a deep breath and try to relax. You can always refer to a script or notes to help guide you through the conversation.

4. How can I make my booking calls more successful?

Practice makes perfect! The more you make booking calls, the more confident you will become. Additionally, having a clear goal and a strong pitch can also increase the success rate of your calls. And remember, even if you don't get a booking every time, every call is a learning experience.

5. Is it important to have a positive attitude when making booking calls?

Yes, having a positive attitude can greatly impact the success of your booking calls. People are more likely to respond positively to someone who sounds enthusiastic and confident. If you approach each call with a positive mindset, you may also find yourself feeling less nervous and more successful overall.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindsaym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • RoseAndrews