• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Word Choices for Calling Total Strangers...

In summary, the speaker set up a booth that was very busy and got many people to sign up. Most of the sign-ups did not fill out the form completely or marked "no" for everything. However, there were 15-20 people who marked "maybe" and a few who marked "yes." The speaker has listened to online training and conference recordings and has one booking for October and one for November. They are looking for suggestions on how to approach these potential customers and discuss hosting a show or the business opportunity. The suggested approach is to remind the customer of meeting at the event, ask if it's a good time to talk, and then steer the conversation towards their interest in hosting or joining the team. The speaker also mentions that
caraighan
Gold Member
OK... so I set up a booth this weekend and it was VERY busy! I got lots and lots of people sign up. Most of them (about 70 something) either didn't fill the slip out completely or put "no" on everything.

However, I do have about 15 to 20 who put "maybe" and a couple or three who entered "yes". I've listened to the online training as well as some of the conference recordings. Most of those are people who you've at least met.

Currently I have one booking for October and one in November. I would really like some suggestions on some good word choices to call up these total strangers and ask them to book a show or tell them about the upcoming specials or the business opportunity.

Suggestions anyone???

You can say something to the effect of: "Hi (name of person), this is (your name) with The Pampered Chef. I met you the other day at (name of event). Did I catch you at a bad time?"

If they say no, then continue. If they say yes, ask them when would be a better time for you to call them back!

Continue: "You indicated on your prize drawing slip that you were interested in (booking/joining the team...whatever they said yes to).

Then just continue the conversation in the direction of whatever it is you want to talk to them about.

Hope that helps!!!

Just remember, in this instance...THEY said YES, which means that they should NOT be surprised when you actually call them.

These are the people I would MUCH rather call, rather than the ones who said no. I still call the "no" people who've included a phone number. I may say to them something to the effect of "I'm sorry to say that you didn't win my raffle prize, but I could certainly make sure you get much more money in free Pampered Chef products if you are ever interested in hosting a show!"

"Hi Suzy, this is Caraighan, the Pampered Chef Lady, we met at The Booth this weekend!" Wait for a sign of recognition. "Is this a bad time? Great, well I'm calling because you marked 'yes (or maybe)' for wanting more infromation about our business opportunity. Tell me, what were you thinking (not in the way you would say to a child who just did something wrong, of course)"

"...you marked 'yes' for wanting more information about hosting a Cooking Show. I'd be honored to come do a show for you, when were thinking of hosting?"

"...you marked 'maybe' for wanting to host a Cooking Show. Did you have some questions about why to host a show, or were you just not sure when you would like to host a show?"

Then, depending on their response, let the conversation flow from there pretty much as you would with any other lead. They're not total strangers, you've already met them and have a connection (the event your booth was at).

Hi there! It sounds like you had a successful event and got a lot of potential leads. That's great! When reaching out to those who put "maybe" or "yes" on their sign-up forms, I would suggest using a friendly and inviting tone. You could start by thanking them for stopping by your booth and expressing your excitement about their interest in Pampered Chef. Then, you can mention the upcoming specials or the business opportunity and ask if they would like to learn more or possibly host their own show. You could also offer to send them more information via email or schedule a time to chat over the phone. Remember to be genuine and personal in your approach and let them know that you are there to support and help them. Best of luck!

What are some polite word choices for calling total strangers?

Some polite word choices for calling total strangers are "Sir" or "Madam", "Excuse me", "May I speak with you for a moment?", "Pardon me for the interruption", and "Could I have a moment of your time?"

How can I make a phone call to a total stranger less awkward?

To make a phone call to a total stranger less awkward, it is important to introduce yourself and explain the reason for your call. Use a friendly and polite tone, avoid using slang or jargon, and be respectful of the person's time. It can also help to practice what you want to say beforehand to avoid stumbling over your words.

What are some words to use when calling someone for the first time?

When calling someone for the first time, it is important to use polite and respectful language. Some words to use include "Hello", "Good morning/afternoon/evening", "How are you?", "I hope I am not interrupting", and "Thank you for taking my call".

What should I avoid saying when calling a total stranger?

When calling a total stranger, it is best to avoid using offensive or derogatory language, making assumptions about the person, or being overly familiar. It is also important to avoid using slang or jargon that the person may not understand.

How can I end a phone call with a total stranger politely?

To end a phone call with a total stranger politely, it is best to thank the person for their time, summarize the purpose of your call, and let them know that you appreciate their help. You can also offer a friendly goodbye, such as "Have a great day" or "Take care".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lindsaym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristine2011