1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Word choices for calling total strangers...

1. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

OK... so I set up a booth this weekend and it was VERY busy! I got lots and lots of people sign up. Most of them (about 70 something) either didn't fill the slip out completely or put "no" on everything.

However, I do have about 15 to 20 who put "maybe" and a couple or three who entered "yes". I've listened to the online training as well as some of the conference recordings. Most of those are people who you've at least met.

Currently I have one booking for October and one in November. I would really like some suggestions on some good word choices to call up these total strangers and ask them to book a show or tell them about the upcoming specials or the business opportunity.

Suggestions anyone???

Oct 6, 2009
  2. outwhit420

outwhit420 Novice Member

You can say something to the effect of: "Hi (name of person), this is (your name) with The Pampered Chef. I met you the other day at (name of event). Did I catch you at a bad time?"

If they say no, then continue. If they say yes, ask them when would be a better time for you to call them back!

Continue: "You indicated on your prize drawing slip that you were interested in (booking/joining the team...whatever they said yes to).

Then just continue the conversation in the direction of whatever it is you want to talk to them about.

Hope that helps!!!

Oct 6, 2009
  3. outwhit420

outwhit420 Novice Member

Just remember, in this instance...THEY said YES, which means that they should NOT be surprised when you actually call them.

These are the people I would MUCH rather call, rather than the ones who said no. I still call the "no" people who've included a phone number. I may say to them something to the effect of "I'm sorry to say that you didn't win my raffle prize, but I could certainly make sure you get much more money in free Pampered Chef products if you are ever interested in hosting a show!"

Oct 6, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

"Hi Suzy, this is Caraighan, the Pampered Chef Lady, we met at The Booth this weekend!" Wait for a sign of recognition. "Is this a bad time? Great, well I'm calling because you marked 'yes (or maybe)' for wanting more infromation about our business opportunity. Tell me, what were you thinking (not in the way you would say to a child who just did something wrong, of course)"

"...you marked 'yes' for wanting more information about hosting a Cooking Show. I'd be honored to come do a show for you, when were thinking of hosting?"

"...you marked 'maybe' for wanting to host a Cooking Show. Did you have some questions about why to host a show, or were you just not sure when you would like to host a show?"

Then, depending on their response, let the conversation flow from there pretty much as you would with any other lead. They're not total strangers, you've already met them and have a connection (the event your booth was at).

Oct 6, 2009
Have something to add?