• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Automated Calling for Sports Programs

In summary, Postcalls.com are a great way to remind people of upcoming events. They are professional, and most people appreciate the reminder.
WonderMonkey
We use the automated calling things for our sports programs. We put in the phone numbers, record a personal message (usually game info, practice, etc) and it delivers it. I think it would be a great thing to send out a message in our voices reminding them of the show. Maybe send it out a week then 2 days before the show.

I as a host would think this is wonderful but not everyone is the same :)

It would definitely work if you were making reminder calls for your hosts to her guests, just like post calls! :)

There are firm numbers on the number of no-shows at doctors offices with reminder calls and I'm wondering what sort of increase in attendance the automated reminder calls would be.

Some consultants use postcalls.com it is the same concept. Record a message and then program guest Phone numbers and it will call everyone 2 days before a show as a reminder.

Speaking personally, it wouldn't work as a reminder for me. If I answer the phone and it's a recording (you can usually tell because it takes a second for the playback to start), I hang up. I don't care whether it's the gas company, a credit card, or a political campaign. If you don't care enough to make individual calls, then I don't care enough to listen.

I have been using PostCalls for quite a while now, and it has REALLY helped in attendance.

chefann said:
Speaking personally, it wouldn't work as a reminder for me. If I answer the phone and it's a recording (you can usually tell because it takes a second for the playback to start), I hang up. I don't care whether it's the gas company, a credit card, or a political campaign. If you don't care enough to make individual calls, then I don't care enough to listen.

I totally agree. I dont like those calls and i hang up as well. I think if you are going to take the time to record the calls and all that then just call the people up yourself and remind them

interesting post I really wasn't aware that this may be looked at as impersonal. I thought it was am easier way to make reminder calls. Something to consider.

I have used the calls and people have said they like them a lot.

It took me a while to start using them because I had the same feeling about them as Ann said and I was (am) one who hangs up when I get that kind of call but my director challenged me to try. She said that MOST people do not hang up. I have found that she was right. I start my message by naming the host I'm calling for and keep it short and light. I have not got any negative feedback - of course those with negative feelings wouldn't have heard the message anyway - but I also have not had one host say anyone complained.

I have however had hosts refuse to give me the names and numbers to do the calls but it's their choice. They can individually call or have me do it for them. I can call 30 people in 30-60 seconds with post calls. Do what you think will work for you - it's YOUR business.

One of the directors in my area uses this to call over 200 people every month to tell them about upcoming specials. She regularly gets several shows JUST from the call. It also saves her hours and hours and hours of work.

I too hang up if it is a long delay and it's obvious that the call center hasn't picked up their end. It is called "pop time", which is the time between me answering, the call showing up on someone's screen as picked up, and them answering. However when the voice starts early I will hear the first bit before handing up. It's how the calls for our sports teams, doctors offices, etc. get through where the marketing will not.Thank you all for your input.

I still haven't use postcalls because I'm unsure about them. I feel the way Ann feels, yet I've heard they work. I am thinking about using them for my own upcoming November show to try it out. I think the way Beth starts the call with the host's name is the best way to do it, so the person is less likely to hang up.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Postcalls.com! I have had people come to the show and thank me because they would have forgotten! I have had people tell me they came BECAUSE of the professionalilsm in the call - and others that have ordered just because of the call.

I always mention the host FIRST so they know who the call is coming from. I have had lots of people say the same things that Kate mentioned above.

I guess if you are "on the fence" give it a try over 6 shows or so...and see what your results are!!

Me taking the time to input the phone numbers and to record the message does NOT take the same amount of time as me personally making the phone calls. Even though *I* can get them done WAY faster than a host could, that is still way too much time for me to invest into each show. This way, I can offer to do the reminder calls and I actually have the "time" to do them.

chefann said:

Usually on some of these that are recorded in an actual person's voice talking as if it was really them on the phone, it takes you a couple minutes to realize it isn't a real person and by that time you are already listening. I have had a couple that were like "Hi this is John with xxx business. How are you tonight? (pause) I am calling because xxx. It is usually at this point I realize it is a recording but by that time, knowing who John is, I want to hear what he has to say. I think if it is this sort of thing then people will actually listen.

Related to Automated Calling for Sports Programs

1. What is Automated Calling for Sports Programs?

Automated Calling for Sports Programs is a service offered by Pampered Chef that allows sports programs to easily and efficiently communicate with their participants, coaches, and parents via automated phone calls. This service eliminates the need for manual phone calls and saves time and resources for the sports program.

2. How does Automated Calling work for Sports Programs?

Our Automated Calling system allows sports programs to upload a list of phone numbers and pre-recorded messages. The system will automatically call each number and play the recorded message, delivering important information and updates to all participants. It can also collect responses and provide real-time reporting.

3. Is Automated Calling for Sports Programs customizable?

Yes, our Automated Calling service is highly customizable. Sports programs can choose the frequency and timing of the calls, as well as the message content. They can also select which numbers to call, such as all participants or just coaches and parents. Our system also allows for personalized messages for each recipient.

4. Can Automated Calling be used for multiple sports programs?

Yes, our Automated Calling service can be used for multiple sports programs. Each program can have its own set of phone numbers, messages, and settings. This makes it easy for organizations to manage and communicate with multiple sports programs at once.

5. Is Automated Calling for Sports Programs cost-effective?

Absolutely! Our Automated Calling service is a cost-effective solution for sports programs of any size. It eliminates the need for manual phone calls, saving time and resources for the organization. It also ensures that all participants receive important information in a timely and efficient manner, reducing the risk of errors and miscommunications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
niclowther
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies