• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are automatic invite reminders causing reservations for some hosts?

In summary, some people feel that the automatic reminders sent by TPC web invite software are intrusive and they would prefer a personal call from the host.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Does anyone else have reservations about the automatic invite reminders now being generated via TPC web invite software?

If a host creates a guest list, the software will now automatically send a reminder email. There is the option to go in and turn it off per show, but I hate that it's an automatic feature.

I'm sure this is intended to be 'helpful', but I don't like it at all. This may be a personal bias, but I get completely turned off whenever I receive an automated message or an automated system decides something for me.

Nothing beats a personal phone call from the host.

Okay, I've vented....now I'm going in to all my shows and removing the automated reminders. If the host wants to activate it, she/he can.

How do you remove them?

I'm a little anxious about them, as well. I'm not a big fan of automatic automated things.

Here's how to remove the auto-reminder feature:
-When you go into the 'work with your shows' feature and then click onto a show, you'll see in bold red announcement stating a reminder email will be sent automatically.
- Right below that in fine blue ink is a link to edit that email reminder. Click it.
- Several options will appear, to include one that says send a reminder...with a drop down menu of 'yes' or 'no'. Click 'no'.
- Then click the button to the right that says to save preferences.

Unfortunately, you have to do this for each show...unless someone figures out a way to override for all shows.

grrrrrr

I guess I'm in the minority here--the more reminders, the better!!!

DebbieJ said:
I guess I'm in the minority here--the more reminders, the better!!!

I agree!!! I don't think it will hurt. I will still coach my Hosts to make reminder calls. They may not even realize that automatic reminders will be sent anyway.

Debbie.....We will be walking together, Wave 3!!!!

I think reminders are great. When computerized systems start doing automatice things it makes me a bit nervous. Too many viewings of 2001: A Space Odyssee, I guess.

I think a call is a better reminder than an email. Plus, I know lots of people who get touchy about the number of emails sent by a company.

I just don't like that the reminders are going out two days before the show....I'm a bit retentive.

1. How do I set up automatic invite reminders for my party?

To set up automatic invite reminders for your party, log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "Host a Party" section. Under "Manage My Parties," select the party you want to set up reminders for. Then, click on "Invite Guests" and select "Automatic Invite Reminders." From there, you can customize the frequency and content of the reminders.

2. Can I customize the message in the automatic invite reminders?

Yes, you can customize the message in the automatic invite reminders. When setting up the reminders, you can edit the default message to include any information you want to share with your guests.

3. How often will my guests receive automatic invite reminders?

The frequency of the automatic invite reminders can be customized to your preference. You can choose to send reminders daily, every few days, or weekly.

4. Can I turn off automatic invite reminders for a specific guest?

Yes, you can turn off automatic invite reminders for a specific guest. When setting up the reminders, you can choose to exclude certain guests from receiving reminders.

5. How can I track the success of my automatic invite reminders?

You can track the success of your automatic invite reminders by going to the "Manage My Parties" section and selecting the party you set up reminders for. Under "Invite Guests," you can view the status of each guest's invitation, including whether or not they received the automatic reminder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • cmdtrgd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76