• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugly Utensil Contest: Tips for Hosting and Judging

In summary, the conversation discusses a creative and fun contest idea for a Pampered Chef show, where guests can bring their ugliest or worst kitchen utensil for a chance to win a bamboo utensil. The hosts share their experiences with hosting this contest and suggest ways to include it in the show invitation and reminder calls. They also brainstorm different themes for the contest, such as ugly wooden spoon or non-stick cookware. The participants express enthusiasm for the idea and plan to implement it in their upcoming shows.
sburnside
Gold Member
I need help in pulling this off. I've read a couple posts about an ugly scraper or ugly oven mitt contest so I offered this to my upcoming hosts. One host wants to do it and now I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have an invite made for this? What's the best way to judge the utensils? How can I feature utensils within my show?

This should be a big show so I know the contest will be a hit. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I used to do this as bring your ugliest wooden spoon. The guests were the judges and I only got involved in the judging if there was a tie. The winner left her ugly spoon and got a bamboo spoon as her prize. I didn't include this in the invitation. I told the hostess that she needed to make sure to tell everyone during her REMINDER CALLS. It gave her a reason to call everyone and remind them about the show and it gave her a reason to call the people she hadn't heard from "Oh, I just called to tell you we are having a contest at my Pampered Chef show on Tuesday and I wanted to make sure you knew about it. It's going to be really fun, are you going to make it?" And now with all the new bamboo that just came out and will be coming out it's a great tie in to the line. You can explain whey everyone's spoons look the way they do - split, cracked, discolored - and why ours won't do that.

That's exactly how I do it, too. I call the hostess a few days prior to her show, and suggest doing an ugly wooden spoon contest. I aske her to make sure she calls all her guests, even those who haven't confirmed. I suggest that it's a great way to give a gentle reminder w/o seeming pushy or nagging. Plus, she'd hate for a guest to get left out of the fun b/c they didn't get callled.
I avg 12-15 guests per show & more when we do the contest.

bumping for any more ideas...

does anyone does these contests anymore? I was thinking about putting on invites about bringing ugliest/worst kitchen tool and wondered if anyone had an invite to share? Also, I didnt want to limit to wooden spoon in hopes of selling other products.

What do you guys think? I thought it might draw people in if they think they will win something. Also. I thought of giving the winner 10% a replacement tool. Thoughts anyone?

I just found the Dr. Phil one- so cute.

I love doing this - haven't done it in a while, need to start again - but I prefer to have it be told in the reminder call instead of on the invitation. This encourages the host to make those calls or give me the numbers to make them for her.

I haven't done this exact one...but I did do a Margarita glass contest---at a Margarita and Fajita show. These ladies actually MADE glasses--it was hilarious and the guests had a great time!

Since August is Cookware month, you might have people bring their 'non-stick' cookware - the more peeled the better!! You can still give a Bamboo Spatula or Chef's Tool as a gift (add it to the host's order for the discount, if you don't have any extras at home).

Wow, I really like this idea! I think I'm going to do this at my next shows.

pampchefsarah said:
Since August is Cookware month, you might have people bring their 'non-stick' cookware - the more peeled the better!! You can still give a Bamboo Spatula or Chef's Tool as a gift (add it to the host's order for the discount, if you don't have any extras at home).

Wow, I really like this idea! I think I'm going to do this at my next shows.

I love that idea! Maybe I'll give them ideas on what to bring and mention cookware- great idea for getting bookings! Thanks!:D

I LOVE the ugly cookware tie-in for August!! I am moving and am planning on hosting an open house so I can stay active in August, and to get to know my neighbors. I may ask them to bring their yuckiest pan for a contest.

Thanks for the idea Sarah.

1. What is the "Ugliest Utensil Contest"?

The "Ugliest Utensil Contest" is an annual competition hosted by Pampered Chef where customers can submit photos of their ugliest kitchen utensils for a chance to win a prize.

2. Who can enter the "Ugliest Utensil Contest"?

Anyone who is 18 years or older and a legal resident of the United States or Canada can enter the "Ugliest Utensil Contest". Employees of Pampered Chef and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.

3. How do I enter the "Ugliest Utensil Contest"?

To enter, simply take a photo of your ugliest kitchen utensil and submit it on the Pampered Chef website during the contest period. You can also enter by posting a photo on social media with the hashtag #UgliestUtensilContest and tagging Pampered Chef.

4. What are the prizes for the "Ugliest Utensil Contest"?

The grand prize winner will receive a $500 Pampered Chef gift card, and 10 runner-up winners will receive a $100 Pampered Chef gift card. Winners will also have their photos featured on the Pampered Chef website and social media channels.

5. When is the deadline to enter the "Ugliest Utensil Contest"?

The deadline to enter the "Ugliest Utensil Contest" varies each year, but it is typically in the fall. Be sure to check the Pampered Chef website or social media for the exact deadline date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jaye
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsteph07