• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bought Ingredients and Can't Remember What It Was For!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person looking for ideas on how to use up two bags of caramels in their pantry. Suggestions were given, such as using them in cookies or brownies, and sharing recipes for chocolate and caramel desserts. The conversation also touched on the idea of using caramels in breakfast foods.
babywings76
Gold Member
I tend to do this a lot it seems. :cry: :rolleyes: :blushing: :D

I'm looking through my cupboards, trying to figure out what I have on hand so I can make some sort of impromptu dessert for my family tonight. What do I spot? 2 bags of caramels! I don't particularly go nuts over caramel, so what on earth was I planning to make with these?! lol It had to have involved chocolate, knowing me, but I can't seem to locate a recipe that called for those caramels.

Any ideas?

Meanwhile, maybe I'll make some cookies. ;)

I'd be happy to eat them for you, or----last night we made those chocolate "kisses" that came on the mini muffin pan use and care guide, and we were saying they'd be great with caramelsWhat you do is take refrigerated sugar cookie dough (like Pillsbury), cut into 9 slices, cut each slice into quarters, press into the mini muffin pan with the shaper.--drop a kiss into each one, and them bake at 350 for 10 min. The cookie rises up and envelops the chocolate. let it cool in the pan for 10 min, then transfer to the cooling rack. They are very cute, but my family wants me to try it with caramels, or maybe rolos...

Were you going to try the apple caramel tartlets in the mini muffin pan? That recipie calls for 1/2 caramel per tartlet.

Marghi, that sounds pretty good! Too bad I don't have the sugar cookie dough! Maybe I'll put that on my shopping list for this week. :)Sherri lynn, nope, it wasn't for the tartlets. I've had those and they are okay, but I'm a chocolate, cookie, nut type of girl, so those don't quite do it for me. :D But thanks for trying to help! :)

I immediately think of the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, but that's with the chocolate covered caramels. YUM! Now I want to go bake some ... but it's 7:40 AM on Monday here in Japan! LOL Think I'll stick with regular breakfast foods so I don't teach my little ones bad habits. ;)

Well, I went ahead and took a box of Devil's Food Cake mix and turned them into the cookie version. I scooped them into the mini Muffin pan and then put 1/2 a caramel and one or 2 pecans on top and pressed down a little-before baking them. Baked them at 350 for about 10 minutes and they turned out pretty good. Not too bad for a quick chocolate fix! :DHere's how you make Devil's Food Cake mix into cookies in case you're wondering:
1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oilMix together and then bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. These are really great to then put cream cheese frosting on. You can sandwich them together and it's like a giant Oreo, too. A friend of mine does these cookies and then adds choc. chips or other varieties into them. I like to do the frosting thing. ;)Here are the pictures of the turtle cookie cup version. The ones in the middle, where you see the caramel ooze are the few that I tried to put the nuts down first and the caramel on top. It didn't melt and spread as wide as I had hoped.

Attachments

• IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Sheila - why not serve those for breakfast? You don't like kids bouncing off walls and tearing through the house then sleeping it off an hour later? I don't blame you there but why oh why did you bring those up! It is 8:07 p.m. here in Milwaukee, and well, not a good time for baking! Like I need them anyway!

Maybe it was the banana ravioli in the new season's best? They were fantastic! They used Rolos though!

babywings76 said:
Well, I went ahead and took a box of Devil's Food Cake mix and turned them into the cookie version. I scooped them into the mini Muffin pan and then put 1/2 a caramel and one or 2 pecans on top and pressed down a little-before baking them. Baked them at 350 for about 10 minutes and they turned out pretty good. Not too bad for a quick chocolate fix! :D

Here's how you make Devil's Food Cake mix into cookies in case you're wondering:
1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil

Mix together and then bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. These are really great to then put cream cheese frosting on. You can sandwich them together and it's like a giant Oreo, too. A friend of mine does these cookies and then adds choc. chips or other varieties into them. I like to do the frosting thing. ;)

Here are the pictures of the turtle cookie cup version. The ones in the middle, where you see the caramel ooze are the few that I tried to put the nuts down first and the caramel on top. It didn't melt and spread as wide as I had hoped.

O
my
goodness.......I can't wait!!!! to make these. It's bedtime now, but tomorrow.....

The Churros with caramel dip from the S/S 2010 season's best (sorry I don't remember the name, but it is super yummy!!!!

Oh that was it! I remember putting them on my list as a recipe I wanted to try. That's right--I have the puff pastry in my freezer then, too! :DGuess I'll be making that this week. I still have enough caramels to use.

BlueMoon said:
They are very cute, but my family wants me to try it with caramels, or maybe rolos...

ROLOS!!!! When you try this let me know how it turns out. My daughter and I LOVE Rolos! I thought we were the only people in the world who stil liked Rolos!

1. What should I do if I bought an ingredient for a recipe but can't remember what it was for?

If you can't remember what the ingredient was for, try looking through your recipe books or searching online for recipes that use that ingredient. You can also try reaching out to friends or family who are avid cooks and see if they have any recommendations.

2. Is it okay to substitute the forgotten ingredient with something else?

It depends on the recipe and the ingredient you are substituting with. Some ingredients can be easily substituted, while others may greatly affect the taste and texture of the dish. It's best to do some research and see if there are any recommended substitutes for the ingredient you can't remember.

3. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

One way to prevent this from happening is to keep a well-organized recipe binder or folder where you can keep track of all the ingredients you use. You can also take notes on the recipes you make and any substitutions you make so you can refer back to them in the future.

4. Can I just leave out the forgotten ingredient?

It depends on the recipe and the role the ingredient plays. If it's a main ingredient or a key flavor enhancer, leaving it out may greatly affect the taste of the dish. However, if it's a minor ingredient, it may be okay to leave it out or substitute it with something else.

5. What should I do if I can't find a substitute for the forgotten ingredient?

If you can't find a suitable substitute, consider making a different recipe that doesn't require the forgotten ingredient. Or, if it's a minor ingredient, you can try omitting it or using a similar ingredient that you have on hand. You can also check your local grocery store or specialty food stores to see if they carry the ingredient you need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Pedey
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies