• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried turning the Taco Ring into Nachos?

In summary, the taco ring is a favorite in my house, and I think this might be my all time favorite PC recipe!
redsoxgirl
This was the very first recipe I ever had at a PC party back when I was 19 and I've always remembered it. I couldn;t tell you what other recipes I've had at PC parties over the years (although I seem to recall some sort of caramel apple pizza thing that was good).

Anyway - I made the Taco Ring for dinner for hubby and I last night and it was so good! I brought leftovers to work for lunch and ended up eating them for breakfast! HA!! :rolleyes:

I think this might be my all time favorite PC recipe!:love:

Mmmm... I love the taco ring. Actually I love anything that has to do with tacos. And pizza. And pasta! Oops, guess I like all foods.

I actually don't do the ring, but I make the taco calzone. It is a favorite among DH and I as well as family and customers!

Anything having to do with tacos/mexican is a favorite with me too!

Yum, that is my favorite too!!

The taco ring is a favorite in my house. I always have to make a double batch for one sitting and it's only four of us! My kiddos are 8 and 5 and I think they consume the majority of it.

redsoxgirl said:
I brought leftovers to work for lunch and ended up eating them for breakfast! HA!! :rolleyes:

What? You had leftovers?? :D I have never made the Taco Ring and had leftovers. Actually, my DH is not crazy about it, but who listens to him. :rolleyes:

pamperedposey said:
What? You had leftovers?? :D I have never made the Taco Ring and had leftovers. Actually, my DH is not crazy about it, but who listens to him. :rolleyes:

I know, I know. There were times in my early 20's when I could polish off a whole one by myself. But these days, it's best if I don't ;)

Last edited:
I got a great tip from Colleen about the rings. Since there's been a move away from the crescent roll recipes for shows, what do you do when a host has her heart set on one? Serve the filling on rice! Most of the fillings will "work" if you make them in cookware to heat them through. Make rice in the rice cooker, and spoon the filling on top of the rice. You're showing cookware and the rice cooker instead of stoneware, but if it's a long-time host (and that's why she's fixated on the rings), then she and her guests have already seen the stoneware in action. Show them something new and a new way to think about the recipes.I take no credit for this idea - it's Colleen's. :)

I just had this the other night for the first time....I really don't know if I did it right....could somebody PLEASE tell me how you do it so I can do it correctly at my next party. It was very good, but if I am doing it at a show I should do it correctly....for my family who cares...lol....thanks in advance.....

chefann said:
I got a great tip from Colleen about the rings. Since there's been a move away from the crescent roll recipes for shows, what do you do when a host has her heart set on one? Serve the filling on rice! Most of the fillings will "work" if you make them in cookware to heat them through. Make rice in the rice cooker, and spoon the filling on top of the rice. You're showing cookware and the rice cooker instead of stoneware, but if it's a long-time host (and that's why she's fixated on the rings), then she and her guests have already seen the stoneware in action. Show them something new and a new way to think about the recipes.

I take no credit for this idea - it's Colleen's. :)

This is the first I hear of this... Why is that? I guess we're a little behind in the Hispanic market. They are just discovering they can use their ovens and love the crescent roll recipes! :)

Deannasbiz said:
I just had this the other night for the first time....I really don't know if I did it right....could somebody PLEASE tell me how you do it so I can do it correctly at my next party. It was very good, but if I am doing it at a show I should do it correctly....for my family who cares...lol....thanks in advance.....

The super condensed version:

You place the triangles in a circle on a baking sheet/pan (large round for me) with the skinny points facing out and the flat ends overlapped and rolled together in the middle of the pan.
Make take mix beef/turkey with cheese and scoop it on the crescents. Bring the points to the inside and tuck them under. Sprinkle with cheese and bake.

The best way I found to make the circle was to put the triangles with the shortest edge facing the middle of the stone at 1, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions. Then another set of four fit between those four. Then you over lap the last tube on top so the seams are edges are staggered. Hope this make sense. I never could do it right just trying to go around the circle so placing them this way has helped. Sort of looks like a sun shining as you go along!

Addie4TLC said:
This is the first I hear of this... Why is that? I guess we're a little behind in the Hispanic market. They are just discovering they can use their ovens and love the crescent roll recipes! :)
I think that generally, home cooks are getting a little more sophisticated. That's not to say that there's an official command from HO to "don't use crescent rolls." Just that many guests have "been there, done that." As you point out, though, other markets that may be experiencing new emphasis on oven foods may still find the crescent recipes unique.

OK, does anyone have the whole recipe? I just bought crescent rolls today so I could cook this for dinner after reading this thread, but now I realise I don't have the actual recipe. Oops! I did find a similar "ring" recipe using chicken and spinach which sounds super yummy too.

*Edit* Got the recipe from another thread. It's in the oven as we speak...

Last edited:
PS - I agree about the "getting more sophisticated part". I sometimes get frustrated with all the recipes that use crescent rolls/biscuits/pizza dough, as I never have these things in, and they tend to be loaded with calories and fat...

Of course it sounds so yummy, I still have to try it! Everything in moderation, right?!

*Edit* Not meaning to imply that I am very sophisticated :) ... Anything but! And those crescent rolls are sooo good. DH will be thrilled with dinner tonight (I hope!)

Last edited:
chefann said:
I think that generally, home cooks are getting a little more sophisticated. That's not to say that there's an official command from HO to "don't use crescent rolls." Just that many guests have "been there, done that." As you point out, though, other markets that may be experiencing new emphasis on oven foods may still find the crescent recipes unique.
Oh, okay... Thank you for the clarification. :)

Love the taco ring too! It was made at the first show I hosted & I still love it.

Deannasbiz said:

Buy the All The Best cookbook! It has step by step pictured instructions that really help!

ChefBeckyD said:
Buy the All The Best cookbook! It has step by step pictured instructions that really help!

Yes! I always winged it before, but I bought the cookbook a few months ago and just got around to checking it out and there it was :chef:

chefann said:

I have never done a ring,wreath, or braid for a show! However, I have had people say, when they book a show, that they DO NOT want a ring or braid type demo, because they've seen it so many times....Good thing, since I'd have to actually pull out my All The Best and try to figure out how to do one!:eek:

I grew up with a recipe my sister would make for us. It was made in a casserole pan. You layered the bottom with crescent rolls, topped it with hamburger mixed with manwich sauce, then motz and cheddar cheese and then top with another layer of crescent rolls. It's so good, must be the reason why I like all the recipes that make it easier just to use crescent rolls. DH and I have made a taco version too of the same recipe only using the corn bread twists you can find with crescent rolls.

Bumping this thread so I can find it later ...Not all of us have been to a bazillion Pampered Chef shows, so the idea of a ring or wreath or braid is still kind of novel. I am having a Partylite show tomorrow and I think I am going to try this recipe!

chefann said:
I got a great tip from Colleen about the rings. Since there's been a move away from the crescent roll recipes for shows, what do you do when a host has her heart set on one? Serve the filling on rice! Most of the fillings will "work" if you make them in cookware to heat them through. Make rice in the rice cooker, and spoon the filling on top of the rice. You're showing cookware and the rice cooker instead of stoneware, but if it's a long-time host (and that's why she's fixated on the rings), then she and her guests have already seen the stoneware in action. Show them something new and a new way to think about the recipes.

I take no credit for this idea - it's Colleen's. :)
I did this one night with the Jamaican jerk nachos, I didn't have chips but had everything else and wasn't in the mood to go to the sotre, so I just made some rice and put some of the seasoning and cilantro and little lime juice in some brown rice and I always use chicken broth instead of water, made it and I just stir fried the rest of the ingredients and it was really good!:)

Last edited:
Rice not Rings! My new motto :)Seriously, this opens a whole new world of demos for me. I love the rice cooker for white and brown rice (all types).

Di_Can_Cook said:
Bumping this thread so I can find it later ...

Not all of us have been to a bazillion Pampered Chef shows, so the idea of a ring or wreath or braid is still kind of novel. I am having a Partylite show tomorrow and I think I am going to try this recipe!
I really like the rings, and guests normally like them too, I made an excellent one with grilled chicken and artichokes and spinach, back in November! There is a thread on here for a homemade crescent roll dough, and there is a recipe in there for whole wheat crescents! That is something I think I might offer people if they act like they don't want crescent rolls. Because Wheat might sway them! I use to make a Pizza in the Round many years ago and it was really good too!;)

Di_Can_Cook said:
Bumping this thread so I can find it later ...

Not all of us have been to a bazillion Pampered Chef shows, so the idea of a ring or wreath or braid is still kind of novel. I am having a Partylite show tomorrow and I think I am going to try this recipe!
Definately! I love the rings; they make a great interactive show too. Then the guests will feel confident that they CAN make it at home.

I am always getting asked by my hosts to do rings...I miss doing other recipes - LOL

Awwww ....

I did make it ... it was sort of oblong because the only flat stone I own is the bar pan ... it was good and surprisingly easy. Looked much easier than a braid.

I made some rice and put some of the leftover filling on that. Yum! Now if I only had the rice cooker ...

I also had the taco ring at my very first show 10 years ago... I do like it alot. My fav all time recipe was the desert we had. Bery patch Brownie pizza. It's on the last page of the original stoneware sensations cookbook. I have made it so much I do not need to look at the instruction! LOL!

Anyhow.... I had a great idea for the taco ring... Why not turn it into nachos? spread the meat mixture over nacho chips and bake? Top with tomatoes lettuce and sour cream! Sounds Yummo to me.... Hmmm May need to make this for dinner soon!! LOL!

1. What is the history behind the Taco Ring recipe?

The Taco Ring recipe was first introduced at a PC (Pampered Chef) party and has been a popular dish for many years. It is believed to have originated in the 1990s and has become a favorite among PC consultants and customers.

2. Can you share the recipe for the Taco Ring?

Unfortunately, as a scientist, I am not able to share specific recipes. However, there are many variations of the Taco Ring recipe available online that you can try out and find the perfect one for you.

3. What makes the Taco Ring so delicious?

The combination of ingredients in the Taco Ring, such as ground beef, cheese, and taco seasoning, create a flavorful and satisfying dish. The unique presentation of the ring also adds to its appeal.

4. Are there any health benefits to the Taco Ring?

The Taco Ring can be made with healthier ingredients, such as lean ground turkey and whole wheat dough, to make it a more nutritious dish. However, like any other meal, moderation is key when consuming the Taco Ring.

5. Can the Taco Ring be made in advance?

Yes, the Taco Ring can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake. This makes it a convenient dish for parties and gatherings. Leftovers can also be stored in the refrigerator and reheated for another meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl