• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried an interactive show? BeckyD- which recipes did you use?

V
vwpamperedchef
I love the new concept of the interactive show. I must confess, I haven't watched the video yet...but I was really stressed about my show last night, because my director's friends were going to be there. For some reason, it makes me so nervous because I think in my brain I am not as good as she is.

Anyway, my director had told me about her show the previous night where she did the interactive show. She encouraged me to try. So here it was, about an hour before my show and I decided to type up directions for Station 1 and Station 2. My guests made Chocolate Raspberry Trifle, which was a simple enough recipe, but had a lot of AH - HA moments! The guests were amazed about trying out the different tools, and becoming involved.

I let them know it was a new concept PC was introducing and we were going to give it a try. They were drinking, but they had a good time. We had two talkative gals, but they did participate....it was fun, they had fun, we all did.

I booked two shows (a problem I have been having). It was low key, and I was relieved to have the stress off of me. When I was doing shows I would speed talk thru my demo, and I always got so nervous.

So anyway...I STRONGLY recommend trying the interactive show JUST ONCE.
I was not really excited about the concept, but now I LOVE IT!:love:

I'm doing the Bountiful Brunch Pizza as an interactive show this morning.....hope it goes as well as yours!

Congrats on a great show!

gr8 job Vanessa----Change is good----and you got it goin on!!!

I love doing the interactive show they are great and so many of my hosts have told me that thats is all thier friends talk about that it was so much fun to make the recipe and use the products. So it is a def. keeper for me. I have done the Black forest triffle and split it into 4 stations and the Quiche loraine tarttlets and split that also into 4 stations it works so nice I have not yet pick my recipes for this month but I can't wait.

That's great Vanessa! It really does take the pressure off of you - you end up "directing" the show instead of "doing" the show, which I think is great. I've gotten more recruiting leads since doing interactive shows, too! :)Oh, and watch the DVD - I like Jennifer Soto's approach, and that's how I do my shows now. :)

I definately intend on watching the video next week. DH is only home on weekends, so we value our time together. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Wow Wow Wow!

I just had an Interactive Brunch Show - we made Caramel Biscuit Bites, and Bountiful Brunch Pizza. The host has been really sick all week, so hadn't worked on outside orders at all, and had several people cancel because of illness - so there were 7 guests at the show. $440 in sales, and 5 bookings later.....I am so loving the Interactive Show format!

My style is fairly similar to Theresa's style on the DVD....Everyone gathered around the island in the hosts kitchen, and I had people slicing, dicing, stirring, scrambling eggs.....it was sooo much fun - everyone had a blast, and we were completely done with the show, and they were eating and placing orders in one hour!

I got a booking for March 29, April 3, April 24, May 26, and June 6!!!!
The June booking is the past host, who had a show in January - and wasn't going to book another - until she saw the new grill basket & cookbook, and now can hardly wait to have a Couples Grilling Show!:D

Awesome way to go Becky!! My show was similiar gathering around the table, a team on each side. It is the WAY TO GO. I am swearing by it!

ROCK ON!

vwpamperedchef said:
Awesome way to go Becky!! My show was similiar gathering around the table, a team on each side. It is the WAY TO GO. I am swearing by it!

ROCK ON!

Me too! :D :thumbup:

I have one tonight, doing the Choclate Velvet Cake. I just watched Teresa's demo last night on the DVD and I liked how she gave other demo ideas that didn't include the recipe (Mandoline, etc). So I think I am going to bring a couple potatoes and let the guest have fun while the cake is in the microwave. I am actually breaking each recipe I'm offering for the S/S season into several small steps with cards around the table. That way people can pick a card and have the products in front of them for that part of the demo. Makes it easier on me this way and since I offer the same recipes all season I can make up cards for each recipe now and be done with them!

I just had a host call me - she had booked a show for next week, from a show 2 weeks ago....

She called to say that she really loved the way I did her friends show (interactive - Mini Pesto Pizzas and Cran-Rasp. Fizz), and she wants her show to be like that too. She said that she and a couple friends had been talking about that show, and how much fun it was to actually get to try the tools. None of them were going to book, but after the party, 3 booked, and the other one is waiting for this next show to book! ( It was fun to hear how they have been discussing the party - and that the changes in format were what encouraged them all to book!)

So, we are doing Jerk Chicken Nachos, and the new Mojito recipe at her show!:D

She is so excited, and already calling her guests to tell them that this is going to be different than other PC shows, and that they really need to come for the fun!

That's great everyone!!

I'm still waiting for my Sunday host to tell me what recipe she wants (I gave her 3 to chose from about 2 weeks ago), but I'm planning on doing an Interactive Show - my first one!!

Nice job Becky!!

And Lindsay, you'll have so much fun too! More relaxed on the consultant I think!

Great Vanessa! I am glad it worked so well for you!

I keep thinking about trying it but have not taken the leap to do it yet. I worry b/c normally I cannot even get someone to come up and try one prooduct out. Maybe they would feel more comfortable doing it when everyone is.

As far as they were drinking- I have some of those sometimes. I dread it when it happens and worry it could get out of hand but normally it turns out pretty good. I have never had any proof of the more they drink the more they spend though, haha!!!:D Plus, it makes me uncomfortable but then I figure it is the hosts party, so, there is not anything I can do about it other than not join in.

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow Wow Wow!

I just had an Interactive Brunch Show - we made Caramel Biscuit Bites, and Bountiful Brunch Pizza. The host has been really sick all week, so hadn't worked on outside orders at all, and had several people cancel because of illness - so there were 7 guests at the show. $440 in sales, and 5 bookings later.....I am so loving the Interactive Show format!

My style is fairly similar to Theresa's style on the DVD....Everyone gathered around the island in the hosts kitchen, and I had people slicing, dicing, stirring, scrambling eggs.....it was sooo much fun - everyone had a blast, and we were completely done with the show, and they were eating and placing orders in one hour!

I got a booking for March 29, April 3, April 24, May 26, and June 6!!!!
The June booking is the past host, who had a show in January - and wasn't going to book another - until she saw the new grill basket & cookbook, and now can hardly wait to have a Couples Grilling Show!:D

Becky,

Do you have notes typed up on the Bountiful Brunch Pizza? I am doing a brungh show on March 15th. I thought about asking my host if she wanted to do this type show?

I need to watch the DVD to know what the heck to do I reckon. HA!

Did yall just set up food stations with the products and tell them what to do? Did yall put the final recipe together or let them assemble it too?

Jennifer,

What I said to preface it was I mentioned to the host before the party that I was going to try something different. PC wants us to get the crowd involved, so I would be trying the interactive show.

When the guests arrived, sat down with their wine, I announced that I was going to try something different, PC has come up with a new concept and they would like us as consultants to try it out and report back with feedback.
So I said, we're going to do an interactive show this evening, a few at a time, I need you to go and wash your hands. (they go to the kitchen and bathroom). I said we're going to have two stations, so count off "one, two" and the were a great group and counted, ONE, TWO, THREE! We all laughed.

Anyway, I plan on giving the same speil to each group. They don't have to know. Besides, they were amazed trying the products. I think that is so great because the more they learn, they tell others.

Let me know if you try it. I didnt tell the host til I was at her house that I was trying something different. I really needed the change.

I'm not quite as organized as Vanessa! :balloon:

I basically have them all wash their hands, and then I have them all gather around the table, where I have all of the prepped ingredients sitting with cutting boards, and tools needed for the recipe. The recipes I have done so far for Interactive Shows are all recipes that I've done enough that I don't need to be reading the recipe all of the time to guide them. I usually just have the recipe there, just in case, but I talk them through the recipe - giving pointers and other ideas on how to use the tools. For instance, the UM - before we use it, I show them the features of it, and then I show them how to slice, before having someone use it.
I still do a lot of pre-prep, so they can see what the end result of what they are doing is supposed to look like, and it doesn't take as long to get it done and assembled. Once all of the steps were done for the Pizza, I quickly assembled it and popped it in the oven. Then spent about 10-15 minutes going over host/guest specials, Theme Shows, and new products. Here is my outline that I use for my show - it's pretty basic, mostly just to keep me on track.

PRE-SHOW
Unpack products
Preheat oven
Get out demo ingredients
Assemble biscuits
Put potatoes & eggs, spice in bowl
Crack rest of eggs into other bowl
Prep toppings
Set up Demo/Cooking area
Set up Discussion Area
Put biscuits in the oven

SHOW
Welcome
Thank Host & Past Host – give gift
Talk about host's other gifts she will receive
Pass around Biscuit Bites
Introduce myself – tell my story
Introduce recipe – have everyone wash hands
Gather around and do demo recipe
Spread out potatoes on stone – put in oven
Scramble eggs
Chop & dice other ingredients
Assemble Pizza
Put in oven and Move to other room

CLOSING
Pass out Guest Folders
Explain Guest Folder
Talk about host specials for upcoming months
Show Theme Shows
Talk about booking, and share opportunity
Thank everyone for coming
Do drawing for free shipping
Explain Check Out procedure
Let everyone eat, and place orders.

My interactive show must have went well because I had 6 people express interest in booking a show. Two of them I have dates for and one I just need to reach on the phone. The other three I didn't realize they wanted one until I went through the drawing slips today, two days later. I'm really hoping for a recruit because these shows are all at least 1 1/4 away from me.

BeckyD- which recipes did you use for this? This is a great outline. I did a show yesterday, we all had fun, but no bookings for march/april. (I did get 3, 2 for may and one for june) I have a feeling I need to go interactive!

yankeeinontario said:
BeckyD- which recipes did you use for this? This is a great outline. I did a show yesterday, we all had fun, but no bookings for march/april. (I did get 3, 2 for may and one for june) I have a feeling I need to go interactive!
I did the Bountiful Brunch Pizza, and caramel sprinkle biscuit bites. for the biscuits, I sprinkled the caramel sprinkles into a 10" skillet with 4 Tbls. of melted butter in it. Then I sprinkle in a couple Tbls. of brown sugar. I had one of the guests quarter the biscuits (8 Count Grands) and throw them in the pan, and then stir them until well coated.

Here is the recipe for the Pizza:

Attachments

• Bountiful Brunch Pizza.doc
    75 KB · Views: 330

1. How does an interactive show work?

An interactive show is a cooking demonstration where the guests are encouraged to participate and try out different tools and techniques. The host provides directions and guidance, but the guests are involved in the cooking process.

2. What are the benefits of trying an interactive show?

Interactive shows can help alleviate stress and nerves for the host, as well as create a fun and engaging atmosphere for the guests. It also introduces a new concept and can potentially lead to more bookings.

3. What recipes did you use for your interactive show?

I used the Chocolate Raspberry Trifle recipe for my interactive show. It was a simple enough recipe with many "AH-HA" moments that amazed and engaged the guests.

4. What was the response from the guests at your interactive show?

The guests had a great time and were amazed by the different tools and techniques they got to try. They were also excited about the new concept and we had a lot of fun together. I even booked two shows from that night.

5. Do you recommend trying an interactive show?

Yes, I strongly recommend trying an interactive show at least once. It can help with nerves, create a fun atmosphere, and potentially lead to more bookings. Even if you are not initially excited about the concept, you may end up loving it like I did!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • beckster42
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76