• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Get a Negative Reaction to the Interactive Format?

interesting. Some guests enjoyed it and got to try the tools out, while others were more put out that they had to do all the work. I personally like the new format because it's less pressure for me. I'm out of there in three hours instead of four. It's also great to get hands on experience for the guests. There's a possibility that it's in the way you present it to them. It starts with host coaching. Let the host know that they and the guests will be "playing" with the tools and making the food. Talk it up as it is so fun. Make sure the host tells the guests about it BEFORE the show. At the show, coach the host to have them come in
What is the "pass the apron" game?

I was just going to ask the same thing!

Kelly V.

Sorry Chefmelody,

I've had shows like that and it spins out of control fast! Haha

To give an update. I now still do the interactive format, but I prep a lot of the items and just have a little bit left for the guest to do. Last week I did the creamy one pot pasta for a large party. I had stations to try the garlic press, forged cutlery to cut the brocolli, santoku knife for the carrots, kitchen shears to snip the sun-dried tomatoes.

I also put my tool turn about out and encourage people to 'play' with the items in that.

With most of the prep done, I think people feel much less like kitchen slaves, and more like they are trying out the products as a consumer.

Then we moved into the living room to get the lapboard and I point out the new items in the spring/summer catalog and go around the room asking them what their favorite products are...that generates a lot of conversation like "I love that, can't live without it" and "you HAVE to get one."

Then we eat, and I let them talk and shop. The more you let them talk, the more they buy, I have found. They talk things up to each other.

Good luck to all those out there forging ahead with the interactive format! :)

I have been having a blast!My interactive, express parties are going strong. Since November, I have been walking into my host's home, setting up, greeting guests, talking for 15 minutes tops about the upcoming host specials, the host program, guest bonuses and that is ALL! Then I simply say to everyone, "I am preparing 2 recipes tonight and I really could use your help." Now, I if I am doing a dessert, and I use the Trifles ALOT, I say somehting like, IS there any one who does not think they can make a really wonderful, tastey and elegant dessert in 10 minutes? (I have not made a dessert at a show in 4 months!)
Then I get at least 4 people to help no matter what recipe I am doing. I would rather they sit and talk than be forced to do something they really don't want to do. I give them the choice. However, I also have not had to really do any of the cooking myself. I simply decided this was their night or day away. So who am I to infringe on that? Besides, I am always within ear shot fo the guests, they talk products and sell each other stuff. I have not had one interactive/express party come in under $600. Most are over $700.
SO the choice is yours. I love to cook so who cares who really does it as long as they are buying!!!

I've been doing the interactive shows since I got back from Leadership...they're going much quicker (I'm home in 3 hours instead of at the show for 3 hours--depending on the distance I'm driving) and the guests (so far) have been enjoying getting to play with me.

I have had a couple of shows where some guests come in complete exhausted and don't want to do anything...fine with me (though the first time, I wasn't sure how to react). They appreciated not being pushed into service.

My big issue has been with the transition to "shopping mode". It felt very stilted. I've learned to just tell everyone "now while I clean up, grab a plate and head into the other room. I'll give you a quick rundown on the specials that are coming up and then we'll be done". It's better since I've started doing that, but it's really uncomfortable for me...and when do I hand them the catalogs. If I do it right when we sit down, they're looking at the book and not hearing about the specials, but I feel like I'm withholding the goodies from them.

My bookings haven't been as good, but I have had more people interested.

I'm not giving up on interactive shows...they're just plain fun, but I'm also open to doing it the old demo way.

My interactive shows have not been any shorter! I think I need to work on that. Maybe do a little more prep work or something.

I tried to do one in the interactive format and people were hesitant to help ... I've got another one coming, with the same crowd. I think I am going to offer the opportunity to help with some of the products and not sweat it if they don't. Most of the prep work will be done in advance for this one, anyway.

I just had my first totally interactive show last Friday. It was the best show I have had so far. I left it up to the host and she chose this format because most of the crowd were PC junkies(they were 40 somethings) and probably own half of the catalog. I had three recipe stations and divided everyone up. When the guests were assigned to a specific station, they benefitted from being at the station (being able to use the Dots Beverage Glasses if they made the 2-4-6 lemonade, being able to do shots of the new sprinkles if they were at the Apple/Lemonade bites, station, etc). This way the guests felt like they were getting something out of being at that particular station.

Also, while they did the recipe, I circulated but did three "commercials". Each one was focused on a particular station and what was new or upcoming (Host special, guest special) in the next two months. When I would break into the commercials, they knew to stop what they were doing. I told them all before we started that we would play a game afterward if they could remember the new things for Spring at each station.

After the recipe was done, I gave them a quiz on "What's New and Upcoming" at PC. We went station by station and the people who were at the station usually knew all of the answers and got tickets. Then I launched into the "Ask Me Anything" game and said, "for those of you who didn't earn tickets on our last game, here is your chance!!" They were asking me tons of questions about being a consultant...the first game really primed them.

All in all, this was a total success and the guests walked out of there knowing the Guest/Host/Help Whip Cancer products by heart. They went away telling people about the show and I got a lot of extra bookings that way.

However, I am going a show this weekend with the same amount of people - but it will be an older crowd. I know that the interactive format won't work for them. So, I think it also has to do with the age of the guests, sometimes.
:balloon:

That sounds really fun! I did something similar, but not as organized as yours!! On a total whim (thought about it in the shower that morning!) It was a dessert party and we were making 2 desserts. I was thinking that there wouldn't be enough time, so for the sake of time, I split the group in half and had each group make one of the desserts. Prior to the guests arriving, I asked the host if she thought this group of friends would be up for something like that. I told them what we were making they just chose their team. I had all the tools out on a table, the ingredients out & I handed a recipe to each group. It was a lot of fun and I went back and forth between the two groups, shared tips, talked about the tools, etc. It felt soo much more natural than giving a "presentation". At the end, I asked if everyone had fun and if they liked making the food themselves & they all said it was a lot of fun! I am definitely doing it like that again!!!

<h2>1. What is the interactive format and why do you use it?</h2><p>The interactive format is a way of conducting Pampered Chef shows where the guests are actively involved in the cooking process. This allows for a more hands-on and engaging experience for everyone involved.</p><h2>2. Have you noticed anyone having a negative reaction to the interactive format?</h2><p>While everyone's preferences may vary, we have found that the majority of guests enjoy the interactive format. However, some guests may feel a bit hesitant or overwhelmed at first because they are not used to participating in the cooking process.</p><h2>3. Did anyone else at your show have a negative reaction to the interactive format?</h2><p>While it is possible that some guests may have had a negative reaction, it is important to remember that everyone's experience is unique. Some guests may have loved the hands-on aspect while others may have preferred a more traditional presentation. It is important to communicate with your guests and ask for their feedback to improve future shows.</p><h2>4. How do you handle negative reactions to the interactive format?</h2><p>If you notice that a guest is not enjoying the interactive format, it is important to address their concerns and make them feel comfortable. You can offer to assist them with the cooking process or provide them with a different task that they may enjoy more. It is also important to communicate with the hostess and ask for her feedback on the format.</p><h2>5. Why do some guests prefer the traditional format over the interactive format?</h2><p>Everyone's preferences may vary, and some guests may simply prefer a more traditional presentation where they can sit back and watch. The interactive format may also be new and unfamiliar to some guests, which can make them feel hesitant or overwhelmed. It is important to respect their preferences and provide them with a positive experience regardless of the format.</p>

Related to Anyone Get a Negative Reaction to the Interactive Format?

1. What is the interactive format and why do you use it?

The interactive format is a way of conducting Pampered Chef shows where the guests are actively involved in the cooking process. This allows for a more hands-on and engaging experience for everyone involved.

2. Have you noticed anyone having a negative reaction to the interactive format?

While everyone's preferences may vary, we have found that the majority of guests enjoy the interactive format. However, some guests may feel a bit hesitant or overwhelmed at first because they are not used to participating in the cooking process.

3. Did anyone else at your show have a negative reaction to the interactive format?

While it is possible that some guests may have had a negative reaction, it is important to remember that everyone's experience is unique. Some guests may have loved the hands-on aspect while others may have preferred a more traditional presentation. It is important to communicate with your guests and ask for their feedback to improve future shows.

4. How do you handle negative reactions to the interactive format?

If you notice that a guest is not enjoying the interactive format, it is important to address their concerns and make them feel comfortable. You can offer to assist them with the cooking process or provide them with a different task that they may enjoy more. It is also important to communicate with the hostess and ask for her feedback on the format.

5. Why do some guests prefer the traditional format over the interactive format?

Everyone's preferences may vary, and some guests may simply prefer a more traditional presentation where they can sit back and watch. The interactive format may also be new and unfamiliar to some guests, which can make them feel hesitant or overwhelmed. It is important to respect their preferences and provide them with a positive experience regardless of the format.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies