• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Success: A Host's Disorganized Show Leads to Bookings and Sales!

In summary, the speaker shares their previous struggles with a host who did not provide a guest list but still wanted to have a show. Despite the challenges, the speaker was able to make it work and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Only four guests showed up, but the interactive show format made it a fun and successful experience. The speaker also learned not to pre-judge how a show will go and to let go of control. Two bookings were made, including a potential recruit. The speaker also shares a funny story about a guest using their knife to open an avocado. Overall, the speaker had a great night and encourages others to try the interactive show format.
jenne
Some of you may have seen my previous posts about how to handle a host who would not get her guest list to me, but still wanted to have her show. Well...I was able to get in contact with her, and she insisted that she still wanted to have her show, even though NO invitations went out and I wasn't sure IF she called anyone, let alone how many she called. So, of course, I agreed to do the show.

I got to her house, and the salad she had agreed to have prepared wasn't even started, including cooking the chicken. We were making the lemon cakes for the demo, but I wound up demo-ing both recipes since the other wasn't prepared as agreed upon.

a whopping 4 people showed up, each of which (except 1) had just been to the previous hosts show a month ago. My demo was a mess because it was totally NOT how I had it planned...doing an extra recipe that I had NEVER prepared before, but we went interactive, and even though it seemed very disorganized to me, and I felt completely clueless about preparing the recipes (which had to use a lot of the same tools...so it was a lot of use the tool, rinse and reuse, it was a mess) the guests seemed to have fun.

Her show is right now at over $700 and I got 2 bookings (2 out of 4 isn't bad)!!! :eek: I was SHOCKED!!! I was certainly glad that I didn't refuse to show up!!

So...I learned not to prejudge how a show is going to be...now if I could just learn how to get over this feeling of my show being chaos....Oh Well... :blushing:

Good job. A good lesson in not pre-judging people. I'll be interested to see if one of those 4 people recruits. If you can do it, they can!

Awesome, great job! Just curious, who booked? Was it two from the previous show? They might be recruit leads since maybe they booked this time since it looked so easy even when it doesn't go as planned!

That's the best part of the interactive shows... the more the guests have their hands in the process, the less disorganized it will seem to them! Some of the interactive shows seems like loosely organized chaos anyway.

That's great! I'm so glad it went well, aside from the chaos. I'm a control-freak, too, so I know how you feel. I hate when I don't feel like I had any control over my show at all. But, sometimes we just have to let go and let the guests lead. It sounds like they did anyway, and it ended up great for you! Great job on the bookings and sales!

Great job Jenne! And yes, you never know! A consultant of mine who has been really bummed because she's been on disability from work had a show today. She was disappointed because only 4 of the 7 who were coming showed... but signed up 2 online at the show and her host is also thinking of becoming a consultant with her kit credit!!!!! So yes... YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!!PS: She did the Jennifer Soto interactive show format and everyone was blown away and they kept saying, "I can do this!!!!"

finley1991 said:
PS: She did the Jennifer Soto interactive show format and everyone was blown away and they kept saying, "I can do this!!!!"

WOW! Definitely time to watch the DVD!!! ;)

sfdavis918 said:
Awesome, great job! Just curious, who booked? Was it two from the previous show? They might be recruit leads since maybe they booked this time since it looked so easy even when it doesn't go as planned!

One from the previous show, and the one who hadn't been at the other one. This crowd was kinda a hoot...one lady was trying to use the new avocado peeler...and the avocado wasn't quite ripe, so she was struggling...she comes and gets my Forged Cutlery paring knife and starts hacking at the pit with it...then she says to me "your knife needs sharpened...it's dull" so I just said "I wonder why after you were stabbing and hacking at that pit with it!" They seemed to find that amusing!! It was a good night, but yes, I am a control freak, so it was hard for me to SO totally wing it...I don't always have my shows scripted or anything, but this was a little too on-the-fly for my liking!!! :)

I love it when a bummer of a show turns into a great experience!

What is "Never Assume a Bad Show!!"?

"Never Assume a Bad Show!!" is a training program created by Pampered Chef to help consultants overcome challenges and achieve success at their parties and shows.

Why is it important to never assume a bad show?

Assuming a bad show can lead to negative thinking and a lack of effort, which can ultimately result in a poor outcome. By approaching every show with a positive mindset and putting in the effort, consultants can increase their chances of success.

How does "Never Assume a Bad Show!!" work?

The program provides consultants with strategies and tools to help them stay positive and engaged during their shows. It also emphasizes the importance of preparation and setting goals for each show.

Is "Never Assume a Bad Show!!" only for new consultants?

No, the program is beneficial for all consultants, regardless of their experience level. Even experienced consultants can face challenges and can benefit from the strategies and tools provided in the program.

Can I access "Never Assume a Bad Show!!" online?

Yes, the program is available online through the Pampered Chef consultant website. It can also be accessed through the consultant's back office on the website or through the Pampered Chef app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rchamelin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • krzymomof4