• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience Interactive Fun with Martini Mashed Potatoes: A Unique Theme Show!

In summary, my mom's friend went to a wedding this summer where they had a mashed potato bar. The mashed potatoes are served in martini glasses and then the guests add their own toppings.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Have you heard of these? My mom's friend went to a wedding this summer where they had a mashed potato bar. The mashed potatoes are served in martini glasses and then the guests add their own toppings.

I'm offering these "Martini Mashers" as a new, interactive theme show. I'll put the mashed potatoes in my deep covered baker. Everyone will take a topping and prepare it....saute mushrooms and fry bacon using cookware, shred cheese using DCG, cut/chop chives, sour cream in EAD, gravy heated in the microcooker....the ideas are endless.

Once everyone has prepared their topping. They will explain what they did and talk about the tool they used. Then the fun begins :) Everyone gets a scoop or two of potatoes and create their own masterpiece.

I found plastic martini glasses (8) at a party store for $7. I'm going to buy them and reuse them at each show.

I am SO excited about this idea. It's different and SO simple. You can make mashed potatoes at home and bring them to the show or have the host purchase refrigerated mashed potatoes.

What do you think??? :chef: Give me some fun ideas for different toppings!!

How cool!! I love it! Thanks for a fantastic show idea!! :)

Search on this site for Potini and you'll lots of info.

DebbieJ said:
Search on this site for Potini and you'll lots of info.

I've searched for "mashed potato" and "mashed potato martinis" (on here and google). Never heard of (or thought to look for) Potini. I just searched on here and only found one mention of it in a post and one invite. Am I missing something?

That sounds like a lot of fun! I used to work with a catering company that did a variation of that with a "Gritini" bar - grits and toppings (why, yes, I am in the South). Some of the toppings they used were: different shredded cheeses, different seasoned butters, sauteed shrimp, sauteed mushrooms, sliced jalepenos, diced tomatoes, bacon, pestos and gravies. It was always a big hit, and I can picture demonstrating so many products while preparing it!

Oooo... I LOVE mashed potatoes... this thread is making me HUNGRY!

That sounds like a great idea.

What is a Mashed Potato Martini?

A Mashed Potato Martini is a modern twist on the classic mashed potatoes dish. It is a layered dish served in a martini glass, with mashed potatoes as the base and various toppings and fillings, such as bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream, layered on top.

Do I need any special equipment to make a Mashed Potato Martini?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make a Mashed Potato Martini. However, using a piping bag or a large zip-top bag with the corner cut off can help make the layers neater and more visually appealing.

Can I make a Mashed Potato Martini ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a Mashed Potato Martini ahead of time. You can prepare the mashed potatoes and toppings in advance and assemble the martini right before serving. Alternatively, you can assemble the martini ahead of time and reheat it in the oven before serving.

What variations can I make with a Mashed Potato Martini?

The possibilities for variations with a Mashed Potato Martini are endless. You can add different toppings and fillings, such as pulled pork, grilled vegetables, or chili, to create unique flavor combinations. You can also experiment with different types of mashed potatoes, such as sweet potato or cauliflower mash.

Is a Mashed Potato Martini a suitable dish for a party or gathering?

Yes, a Mashed Potato Martini is a great dish for a party or gathering. It is visually appealing and can be easily customized to suit different tastes and dietary restrictions. Plus, it can be prepared in advance, making it a convenient option for hosting events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
plichte
Replies
Views
Pampered Angel
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies