• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Po-Tini Show: A Unique and Creative Way to Serve Mashed Potatoes

In summary, the loop suggests that flyers be used for invitations when you want to get attention. The flyer presented is not very good and could use some jazzing up. The idea is cute, but requires more explanation.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I got this idea off my loop today. They are talking about how flyers are nice for invitations when you are doing a theme and really want to get attention. Attached is the flyer - which could use some jazzing up if anyone wants to give it a try. Not my strong suit.
I just LOVE this idea for a show - wouldn't it be great for a bridal shower or open house!!!
This is the email from the loop:

It is mashed potatoes in a martini glass. You make the potatoes in the rice cooker and then mash them. All the other ingredients are the demo, such as: grated cheddar cheese, steamed broccoli, bacon, chives, etc. these I put into our Simple Addition pieces and let them go through like a "potato bar".

I really like this idea because no one will know what it is and will want to come and see it!

Attachments

• PotiniInvite.doc
    189.5 KB · Views: 567
What a cute idea!!!

Is there a recipe for it? Does the hostess just use glasses she already has or do you provide them?

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mashed potatoes...Such a cute presentation!

Very Cool! Thanks for sharing!

I think just a basic mashed potato recipe. For an open house you could make a big pile and maybe keep them warm in the big SS Bowl. I would think either way on who provides the martini glasses. I know you can get a big bag of plastic ones cheap at the party store...and think how cute it would be for a bridal shower to tie a white bow around the stem of each one!

Last edited:
This is a really cute idea but I can't really understand just having mashed potatoes for the demo. Doesn't sound like a snack most people would want.

I LOVE it as a suggestion to spruce up a special meal but I'm not seeing it as a PC demo recipe. Please explain.

Beth - I think this would be sorta like the Ice Cream Socials - very hands on. I know Mashed Potato Bars are very popular right now, Ive even seen them at weddings. I think for this to work, the potatoes would be made ahead and put into a container to stay warm. Sorta an express type of show. The demo would be totally hands on - grating cheese, Knives or food chopper for green pepper & onions, Egg Slicer for mushrooms, Mandolin or knife for tomatoes, then serve all in SA's. I dont know how bacon would be demo'ed! Maybe ham somehow. Our upline director is doing a series of calls on different types of cooking shows and this was an idea one of the girls had. I especially love the "name" and the idea of the martini glass. Not for everyone but I think it is a very cute idea.

Last edited:
Very clever idea! I like it! thanks for sharing!

Bacon could be demo'd in the new grill pan w/press! Or baked on the bar pan ahead of time.

Great idea Melody! I'm just thinking of the chopping part! Thanks!

chopping bacon?Not sure, cause I've never tried it, but could you chop the bacon with the food chopper? Has anyone tried that?

Or even use the new knives and boards!

I usually just use my fingers to crumble bacon - LOL - but I have used my cutting board and the meat tenderizer (after it is cooked if it is crispy bacon) - quick and just a couple taps and keeps your fingers from getting greasy. A knife would work on bacon that is not as crispy.

use the kitchen sheres to cut the bacon!!!

I have used my chopper on bacon - I like my bacon really well done so it works well, does not work as great if the bacon is still soft.

1. What is the "Po-Tini Show - so Cool!" event all about?

The "Po-Tini Show - so Cool!" is a fun-filled cooking event where our Pampered Chef consultants showcase our popular Po-Tini shaker and demonstrate how to make delicious and refreshing drinks using fresh ingredients and our high-quality kitchen tools.

2. How long is the "Po-Tini Show - so Cool!" event?

The event typically lasts for about 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the group and the number of recipes being demonstrated. Our consultants will also be available to answer any questions and provide additional information about our products and recipes.

3. Do I need to purchase anything at the "Po-Tini Show - so Cool!" event?

No, there is no pressure to purchase anything at the event. However, if you see something you like and would like to purchase it, our consultants will be happy to assist you with your order.

4. Can I bring a friend to the "Po-Tini Show - so Cool!" event?

Of course! The more the merrier. We encourage you to bring friends and family to enjoy the event and learn about our products and recipes together.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts available at the "Po-Tini Show - so Cool!" event?

Yes, there may be special offers and discounts available at the event. Our consultants will have more information about any current promotions and can help you take advantage of them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies