• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What other creative uses can you come up with for Andes candies?

In summary, the recipe calls for 1 box of Andes Candies and 1 package of Instant Pudding and Pie filling. 2...The recipe calls for 6 ice cream sandwiches to be arranged on a large square platter or rectangular chilledzanne. 3...The recipe calls for ½ cup chopped Andes mints and 1 cup green melting wafers.4...The recipe calls for ¾ cup mini chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped Andes mints. 5...The recipe calls for ½ cup chopped Andes mints and 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate morsels.6...The recipe calls for 1 cup chopped Andes mints and 1 cup Oreos.
babywings76
Gold Member
Just for fun...and to use up some random ingredients I have in my cupboard...

I have a box of the Andes candies. I know I bought them with a particular recipe in mind, but now it's been so long I can't remember. Also, it's just one package, so I don't know if I can really use it for a recipe w/o needing more. Maybe I'll just eat them by themselves. :D

What would you make with them?

It's a mint cake recipe with the Torte Pans. It was in a season's best--I think Fall 07?

make cuupcakes and stick one in each cup for a yummy srprise.

DebbieJ said:
It's a mint cake recipe with the Torte Pans. It was in a season's best--I think Fall 07?
Aha! Chocolate Mint Silk Torte, that was it! :) Drat, I do need 2 boxes for that one. :cool:Has anyone tried the Upside-Down Chocolate-Mint Pie (from the new dessert cookbook)? That recipe just calls for one box. But is this some sort of famous take on a pie? I don't get the point of it being upside down. I could make this. Just do it regular and since I don't have whipping cream, I could just use *gasp* Cool Whip instead. :D

My FAVORITE holiday show recipe....Ice Cream Sandwich Torte
Everybody will wonder how you made this ice cream cake. Nobody will know you used ice cream sandwiches to create it!1 cup coarsely chopped crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
½ cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided – COOL WHIP ONLY, PLEASE!
12 frozen ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each), unwrapped, divided
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles*for a holiday twist…substitute Grasshopper cookies (or any mint cookie type) for the sandwich cookies and Andes candy for the chocolate morsels. Pipe a boarder around top edge of cake and garnish using ½ pieces of Andes in between the scallops . 1) Coarsely chop cookies using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies using Classic Scraper; set filling aside.2) Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on Simple Additions® Large Square Platter or Rectangular Chillzanne . Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using Small Spreader. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Slice using Nylon Slice ’N Serve® or Bread Knife and serve.Yield: 16 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber
1 gCook’s Tip:
• If freezing torte overnight, remove from freezer 30-45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

This week the NY State fair is running. Here is a recipe with Andes Candies:
Chocolate Mint Cookies
From Kayla Fasoldt, of Clay

¾ cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1¾ cup flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
¼ cup Karo corn syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup green melting wafers
½ cup chopped Andes mints

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat shortening, brown sugar and karo syrup. Add in egg and peppermint extract and mix well. In a small bowl, stir together baking cocoa, flour and baking soda. Slowly blend flour mixture into cream mixture. Stir in mini chocolate chips.

Drop mixture by rounded scoops onto cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool.

Melt green wafers over low heat, stirring frequently. Drizzle melted wafers over cooled cookies, then sprinkle with chopped Andes candies. Allow to become firm.

They're Andes Candies. Mmmmm. Just freeze them and then eat them and enjoy the pure deliciousness of it all!

leftymac said:
They're Andes Candies. Mmmmm. Just freeze them and then eat them and enjoy the pure deliciousness of it all!

Mmmm.... that is the best way!

Thanks guys. I'll see if I feel up to baking tomorrow. I ended up running some errands tonight and need to do more tomorrow. Might just tuck them in my tote bag and snack through the day. :D

I'm basic- I too had some, needed them for a recipe and then was done. So I have a baggy full of chopped ones. Soooo I make brownie bites and sprinkle the andes candies or heath bar bites on top, bake them as normal and YUMMO!!! A nice change to a yummy friend! ;)

Oreo and Andes Mint Torte
1 pkg of mint oreos ground up into fine crumb ( best in food processor) mix in 1 stick of melt butter. Pat this into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan put pan in freezer for 1 hr.

1 8 oz brick of soften cream cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 - 1 1/2 tsp of mint extract
Mix the cream cheese, pwdr sugar and extact together and fold in 1 8-12 oz container of coolwhip.
Spread the coolwhip mixtur on top of the oreo crust.

2 cups of milk and 2 small box of instant chocolate pudding.
Mix milk and pudding until slightly thickened and spread on top of the coolwhip/cream cheese layer.

Top with 8-12 oz container of coolwhip and spring chopped andes candy.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.

I think there is a Mint Cheese Cake recipe in the holiday dessert cookbook. It is so good.

On the inside of the holiday mini catalog is a recipe for some ball things that use andes candies. They sound yummy.

Wow! You guys revived an old thread--from August of 2010! Has it really been that long ago?! Now I want to go buy some more Andes candies! :DGreat ideas and tempting recipes! Thanks for sharing them. :)

babywings76 said:
Wow! You guys revived an old thread--from August of 2010! Has it really been that long ago?! Now I want to go buy some more Andes candies! :D

Great ideas and tempting recipes! Thanks for sharing them. :)

HAHA..I didn't even notice..here I thought you were making it today..LMAO.

I lay unwrapped Andes mints on a chocolate sheet cake that I've just taken out of the oven and let them sit for about a minute or two. Just when they are melted enough, just use an offset spatula and spread it evenly over the cake for a minty frosting layer

Brenda, that is a great idea!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I lay unwrapped Andes mints on a chocolate sheet cake that I've just taken out of the oven and let them sit for about a minute or two. Just when they are melted enough, just use an offset spatula and spread it evenly over the cake for a minty frosting layer

I have never tried that with a cake but I will now. I have a cookie recipe that you do that to.

Related to What other creative uses can you come up with for Andes candies?

What are some recipes I can make using Andes Candies?

There are many delicious recipes you can make using Andes Candies. Some popular options include Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Andes Mint Brownies, Andes Mint Cheesecake, Andes Mint Fudge, and Andes Mint Truffles.

Can I use Andes Candies in savory dishes?

While Andes Candies are traditionally used in sweet desserts, they can also add a unique flavor to savory dishes. Some ideas for incorporating Andes Candies into savory dishes include using them as a garnish for steak or adding them to a mole sauce.

Are there any gluten-free recipes that use Andes Candies?

Yes, there are many gluten-free recipes that use Andes Candies. Some options include Gluten-Free Andes Mint Brownies, Gluten-Free Andes Mint Cheesecake, and Gluten-Free Andes Mint Truffles. You can also use gluten-free flour in recipes that call for regular flour.

Can I substitute Andes Candies for other types of chocolate in recipes?

Yes, you can substitute Andes Candies for other types of chocolate in most recipes. Keep in mind that Andes Candies have a unique mint flavor, so the end result may have a slightly different taste. It is always best to test a small batch first before making a larger substitution.

What are some creative ways to use Andes Candies as a gift or party favor?

Andes Candies make great gifts or party favors. Some fun ideas include creating mini Andes Mint Hot Chocolate jars, packaging Andes Mint Fudge in cute boxes or bags, or making Andes Mint Bark and breaking it into smaller pieces to give as gifts or party favors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates