• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Gigantic Trifle Using the Candy Corn Mini Trifles Recipe?

In summary, the blog confession is about creating a candy corn mini trifle. The ingredients include cake mix, instant pudding, Cool Whip, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. The recipe calls for yellow food coloring and orange food coloring. The final product is served in mini trifle bowls and is topped with candy corn.
babywings76
Gold Member
Check out this blog:Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: Candy Corn Mini Trifles
A friend of mine shared this blog and the recipe looks so cute! I wonder if they'd be as cute in the prep bowls? Or make a gigantic trifle with it?

I wasn't sure if it's allowed to share the photo of it. Anyone know when people have blogs like this, if it's allowed to snag and share their photos?

omg - those are freakin' adorable!!!!

You got me with "candy corn." Very cute!

I didn't find the mini-trifle bowls on the Wal-Mart site. I found them on the Anchor Hocking site but no capacity listed. I think the 2-cup prep bowl might be better. Really depends on how many you want to make since the 1-cups would work, too. I'd go for the big one in our trifle bowl and decorate the top with lots of candy corn, maybe in a pattern, maybe throw in some of the Brach's pumpkins.

LOVE IT!!! Perfect for someone who wants a fall/halloween theme recipe at their show!

You should just post a picture here, I cannot get the blog here at work!

Here it is:

Attachments

• 5075804996_8813c9c563.jpg
    5075804996_8813c9c563.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 495
I snagged the ingredients... hehehe
looks delish!

INGREDIENTS

Box of yellow cake mix, plus oil, eggs and water needed to prepare
Yellow food coloring
2 (4 serving size) boxes instant vanilla pudding, plus milk needed to prepare
Orange food coloring
8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Candy Corn

Prepare cake batter according to instructions, adding yellow food coloring during mixing. Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan and bake and cool according to box directions.

Prepare instant pudding according to directions on box, adding enough orange color to make it a bright orange. Place pudding in the refrigerator while you prepare the topping.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in the Cool Whip until well blended.

Crumble the yellow cake into an even layer in the bottom of each mini trifle bowl. Remove the pudding from the refrigerator and spoon on top of cake layer. Smooth out with the back of your spoon. Pipe whipped topping/cream cheese layer on top with a large star tip. Or, just spoon it on. No one will care.

Top with a candy corn.

Here you go ...
5075804996_8813c9c563.jpg

It's cake mix, then pudding (colored orange), then a cool whip/powered sugar topping.

Hmmm, wonder if you could just do a layered (orange over yellow) cupcake with white frosting on top? ;)

imagine making these in the martini glasses!!!!

colegrovet said:
imagine making these in the martini glasses!!!!

Thought of that but think the dots will clash.

Hey Sheila, how did you post the picture and get it so big?

prep bowls then.. :) no dots on them..

Okay, So I made this in the big trifle and brought it to work. Looked really pretty until everyone started digging in and the top layer slid off. They still ate it all though and informed me that I have to now make it for christmas.

So I'm thinking
red velvet cake
white choc. pudding colored green
then the topping, but a small change. Instead of powdered sugar going to use a packet of Dream Whip

ajhunt2 said:
Okay, So I made this in the big trifle and brought it to work. Looked really pretty until everyone started digging in and the top layer slid off. They still ate it all though and informed me that I have to now make it for christmas.

So I'm thinking
red velvet cake
then the topping, but a small change. Instead of powdered sugar going to use a packet of Dream Whip

Most trifles don't look pretty once you start digging into them!

So cute! I think I might make these in the prep bowls as an extra for my show on Saturday morning. Of course, I'll have to practice on my family first....oh the price we pay... :p

I am going to make this in the trifle bowl and take it to a pumpkin carving party this weekend. It is too cute.

Becca_in_MD said:
You got me with "candy corn." Very cute!

I didn't find the mini-trifle bowls on the Wal-Mart site. I found them on the Anchor Hocking site but no capacity listed. I think the 2-cup prep bowl might be better. Really depends on how many you want to make since the 1-cups would work, too. I'd go for the big one in our trifle bowl and decorate the top with lots of candy corn, maybe in a pattern, maybe throw in some of the Brach's pumpkins.

I did see these Mini-Trifle bowls at our Wal-Mart this week. They are cute.

I made them in the prep bowls for team meeting this week - they were adorable - and tasty! I ended up with more mix than prep bowls, so I did the rest is small clear plastic cups (the disposable kind).

What if you used pumpkin pudding instead of vanilla then it would be naturally orange? Or just spiced and sweetened pumpkin.

Last edited:
Or what if you did choc cake, orange pudding, cool whip and candy corn...mmmm I like it.

ajhunt2 said:

So I'm thinking
red velvet cake

When you made the big Trifle, did you still just do 3 layers, or did you repeat they layers?

ericadboone said:
When you made the big Trifle, did you still just do 3 layers, or did you repeat they layers?

I didn't make it but I think it would not look like a candy corn if you did more layers but it would be easier for everyone to get parts of all layers if it was.

BethCooks4U said:
I didn't make it but I think it would not look like a candy corn if you did more layers but it would be easier for everyone to get parts of all layers if it was.

I agree.. I thought it might lose the candy corn look, but be easier to serve.

What ingredients are needed to make "Candy Corn" Mini Trifles?

To make "Candy Corn" Mini Trifles, you will need:

• 1 package of vanilla cake mix
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • Yellow and orange food coloring
  • 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups of milk
  • Whipped cream
  • Candy corn for garnish

How do I assemble the "Candy Corn" Mini Trifles?

To assemble the "Candy Corn" Mini Trifles, follow these steps:

1. Bake the vanilla cake according to package instructions and let cool.
  2. Cut the cake into small cubes and place a layer in the bottom of each serving dish.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the instant vanilla pudding mix and milk.
  4. Divide the pudding mixture into two separate bowls and add yellow food coloring to one and orange to the other.
  5. Layer the yellow pudding on top of the cake cubes, followed by the orange pudding.
  6. Top with whipped cream and garnish with candy corn.
  7. Repeat for each serving dish.

Can I make "Candy Corn" Mini Trifles ahead of time?

Yes, you can make "Candy Corn" Mini Trifles ahead of time. You can bake the cake and make the pudding mixture up to a day in advance. Assemble the trifles right before serving for best results.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your serving dishes.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix for this recipe. However, the vanilla cake pairs well with the flavors of the pudding and candy corn. You can also use a homemade vanilla cake if preferred.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • stephs_chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies