• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Candied & Spicy Nuts - A Recipe Demo for My Cluster

In summary, the recipe for candied and/or spicy nuts is on page 8 of the fall/winter 06 SBRC. Rae found the recipe and has it. She suggests using the Pink Flexible Scraper and the Mini Measure-All to serve them. She also likes to make them with some cinn + blend in place of the pepper.
raebates
Staff member
I'm just sure I saw a recipe here somewhere for candied and/or spicy nuts. I was hoping to make something like this as a quick recipe demo for my cluster. I figure I'll be able to use the Pink Flexible Scraper and the Mini Measure-All and serve them in the Pink Small SA Bowls.

So, can anyone out there lend a girl a hand?

TIA!

Rae, are you referring to the Pepper Glazed Pecans? The recipe is on page 8 of the fall/winter 06 SBRC. DO you have that?

I do! Thanks.

I love this recipe that I got on here...Sweet Glazed Pecans1 egg white
1-8 oz. package pecan halves
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. PC cinnamon
Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees on parchment lined bar pan for 18-20 minutes

And these are so addictive!!!

I also like to make them with some cinn + blend in place of the pepper - they are great both ways!

Ooh, sounds great!

This is the recipe I use...using PC cinnamon or the cinnamon plus blend depending on my mood. I think I like the cinnamon plus one even better! This is off of one of my FAVORITE recipe sites: allrecipe.com!

Sugar Coated Pecans
Submitted by: Carolyn
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 390 members Yields: 12 servings

"These slow-roasted whole pecans coated in an egg white and sugar glaze spiced with cinnamon make a wonderful snack for any occasion."
INGREDIENTS:
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves 1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

This is by far my favorite yummy - addictive pecan recipe. It's Paula Deen'sPecan Praline Morsels
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Candy/Sweets
2 cups whole pecans
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons heavy creamPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread into a square baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until coating is dry, and slightly crystallized, stirring once. Remove from oven to cool and stir once more. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container.NOTE from Lisa Gorton - use parchment paper in your large bar pan. pull the parchment paper out of the bar pan and on to the cooling rack to cool.

Related to Making Candied & Spicy Nuts - A Recipe Demo for My Cluster

1. How do I ensure that the nuts are evenly coated with the sugar and spice mixture?

To ensure even coating, make sure to toss the nuts in the sugar and spice mixture while they are still warm. This will allow the mixture to stick to the nuts better.

2. Can I use a different type of nut for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer for this recipe. Almonds, pecans, and walnuts all work well. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different nuts may require more or less time to toast.

3. How long will the candied and spicy nuts stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container, the nuts will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to store them in a cool, dry place.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the nuts ahead of time and store them in an airtight container. However, for best results, it's recommended to make them no more than 1-2 days in advance.

5. Can I adjust the level of spiciness in this recipe?

Absolutely! You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to your preferred level of spiciness. You can also omit it altogether if you prefer a milder flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • pampered1224
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jenniann