• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding on a Recipe for My Cluster Meeting Menu

In summary, Ruthie is putting together the food list for her cluster meeting tomorrow night, as well as her grocery list. She can't decide which recipe she wants to take, and she told her Director she'd make the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the 29-Minute cookbook. But looking through the SBRC, Ruthie thinks she'd like to make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, because it

Which recipe should I prepare for the meeting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chefann
Gold Member
I'm putting together the food list for my cluster meeting tomorrow night, as well as my grocery list. I can't decide which recipe I want to take.

I told my Director I'd make the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the 29-Minute cookbook. But looking through the SBRC, I think I'd like to make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, because it's a theme show recipe.

The rest of the menu is as follows:
Mediterranean Hummus Pizza
Avocado Salsa Cups
Caprese Pizza
Dessert (she wasn't sure if she's bringing the Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes or the Raspberry Chocolate Trifle)
Lemon-Lime Fizz (the variation on the Cran-Raspberry Fizz)
Mini Pesto Pizzas (maybe)

The casserole is at least another "form" of food, since there are a lot of pizzas on the list. But I think it's important to try out the theme show recipes. (And I think the brunch squares just sound good anyway, but then I'm always in the mood for breakfast food.)

I'll check back here for opinions before I head to the grocery store this evening.

Edited to add: usually I'd take what I told my Director I'd bring. But she's out of town until early tomorrow, and I'm planning this meeting. So I'm in charge. :)

Last edited:
I vote for the Brunch Squares!!

Ruthie

I choose the brunch squares too. Let us know how they turn out.

I just have to make a smart-aleck comment. Do I take Tasha's opinion into account, since neither of these recipes are kosher?

Just kidding around, Tasha! You know we love you! :love:

I would do the brunch square because they are part of the theme shows. I am going to making them for my Sunday brunch show's this season. They are quite delish!:)

The brunch squares taste great Ann - do them!!

It's looking like the brunch squares are popular. I'll check back after 6:30 for a final count.

We had the Brunch Squares at our meeting and WOW!!! great for dinner or anytime IMO. I vote brunch squares.

chefann said:
I just have to make a smart-aleck comment. Do I take Tasha's opinion into account, since neither of these recipes are kosher?

Just kidding around, Tasha! You know we love you! :love:

LOL, thanks for the love. I was thinking about which I like more from my pre-kosher days. May whatever recipe you do be a big hit. :love:

I'd go with the Beef Enchilada Casserole! But I am partial to anything even remotely Mexican!

I say casseroe since I'm not much of a breakfast eater!!

I say Brunch Squares b/c I want to know about them!!! Bought the stuff to do them but never have.

I say brunch squares too!! I made them last week for dinner and they were awesome!! I got the thumbs up from my hubby on them!! The cream cheese really adds a great little something to it!!

BTW, One little tip that I figured out....use the mix n masher for crumbling the hashbrowns (they are a little greasy if you use your hands as suggested in the SBRC).

Good luck!!

Brunch squares! They are sooo yummy... we had them at our Recipes on Parade. My sister made them and we drive together to our cluster meetings. I'm glad I was driving because I'm not sure I would have been able to leave them alone until we got to our meeting... they smelled SO good.

I voted for Brunch Squares...I am with you- I would want to test out one of the theme recipes. You can test the casserole over the weekend on DH!!

I say, make the chocolate raspberry trifle & you wont have to worry about the food, they will be toooooooooo busy licking the bowl clean!!!;) Brought it with me last night & I was beating them away with a spoon....:rolleyes:

I know you have lots of pizza, but why not the pizza in the SS Saute pan so you could show how to book with and sell cookware!

I voted Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, although I love the Jerk Chicken Nachos

I guess I'm the only one who things the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie is a good idea. I'll be taking it to my cluster's taste testing.

Speaking of the Brunch squares - would smushed up tater tots work in place of the hash browns? Enquiring minds want to know.

I already made the Enchilada Casserole for DH last week. It is really good. :) Someone else is bringing a dessert, so I don't really need to bring the trifle. And she doesn't like jalapenos, so the brie is out (and she was over at my house the night I made it for my games party). I do know that at least one other person who IS coming to the meeting has had the brie. The Jerk Chicken Nachos are yummy (had them this week at another meeting).Just thinking "out loud." :)I think DH wants me to make the brunch squares so he can have leftovers. That's what I'm going to make. Thanks for the opinions, folks!

grayby said:
Speaking of the Brunch squares - would smushed up tater tots work in place of the hash browns? Enquiring minds want to know.
At the Test Kitchens Cook they said YES tater tots broken up would work. Frozen "loose" hashbrowns will NOT work, as they are not prebrowned like the hashbrown patties and tater tots!

:D Yay!! :D

I made the Brunch squares, using bacon, since I had it on-hand. It was really good!!

Don't have the cookbook yet, are any of the recipes from it posted anywhere? Personally, I would LOVE the lasagna and the Mexican enchilada casserole, if anyone would care to share it!!

Paula

At our last cluster meeting one of the gals brought the brie with the dijon variation in the SB: huge hit!!!

leggy

chefann said:
I already made the Enchilada Casserole for DH last week. It is really good. :) Someone else is bringing a dessert, so I don't really need to bring the trifle. And she doesn't like jalapenos, so the brie is out (and she was over at my house the night I made it for my games party). I do know that at least one other person who IS coming to the meeting has had the brie. The Jerk Chicken Nachos are yummy (had them this week at another meeting).

Just thinking "out loud." :)

I think DH wants me to make the brunch squares so he can have leftovers. That's what I'm going to make. Thanks for the opinions, folks!

If your cluster is anything like ours... there were NO leftovers!!!

grayby said:

Yeah they will work, but the hash browns work better.

I vote for the brunch squares too!! They were such a hit at my show this past weekend.

katie0128 said:
If your cluster is anything like ours... there were NO leftovers!!!
Usually that's true, but there will be 10 people there and as of right now, there are 6 recipes coming (one's the punch), so I think there will be leftovers. I can always cut a piece out and leave it for DH before I leave to the meeting.

Save his piece at home. That way he gets some for sure.

For those of you who have already made the Brunch Squares, how far ahead of time could I make them for a show. I am doing a brunch show and I pre cook the show recipe and I was wondering how long they have that "fresh out of the oven" taste. Thanks!

WendyLou said:
For those of you who have already made the Brunch Squares, how far ahead of time could I make them for a show. I am doing a brunch show and I pre cook the show recipe and I was wondering how long they have that "fresh out of the oven" taste. Thanks!

You could probably do the crust at home. But I suggest you do the rest at the host's house. Maybe have it coming out of the oven as the guests come in. You will still have to sprinkle the tomatoes, green onions, and cheese over the top after it comes out. The 'egg' portion only bakes for about 6 or 7 minutes.

jrstephens said:
I say Brunch Squares b/c I want to know about them!!! Bought the stuff to do them but never have.

They are delicious!!! The first time I made them the food store was out of the scallions so they were a little drab, but the next time I made them with the scallions... OMG, they were sooo good. You could make them as a quick and easy dinner. You also don't need to use the ham. You could use bacon or sausage. I even want to try it without any type of meat and put in broccoli. I'll let you all know how that works out.

I have a drive to my Director's house. It's only 20 miles, but because of traffic, it takes me about 45 minutes. I made the brunch squares at home, popped them into my stoneware carrier (the thermal one) and took them to the meeting. They were fine. They were even good after they sat out at the meeting for half an hour. The only thing I should have done differently was to put the green onions on top right before serving. They wilted a little from the heat. These were actually really good at room temp - like a frittata.

I know you were running this meeting. How did it go???

I was wondering that too Ann.....how DID your meeting go?

Yes Ann...how did it go? LOL

It went well. I wasn't sure if I would be running it or not - Cindy just asked me to handle invitations and organizing food. But I was prepared to run it because she got home from vacation that afternoon! We had sooo much food, but it was all good: Brunch squares, Mediterranean Hummus Pizza, Avocado Salsa Cups, Caprese Pizza, Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle, Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes, Cran-Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Lime Fizz (the variation) and Orange Creamsicle Punch. We watched part of the DVD and passed around products, and talked about the recipes we brought. We also shared tips from the CD (anyone who brought a tip got a PayDay bar because knowing more about the products will increase your pay day :) ).

chefann said:
It went well. I wasn't sure if I would be running it or not - Cindy just asked me to handle invitations and organizing food. But I was prepared to run it because she got home from vacation that afternoon! We had sooo much food, but it was all good: Brunch squares, Mediterranean Hummus Pizza, Avocado Salsa Cups, Caprese Pizza, Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle, Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes, Cran-Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Lime Fizz (the variation) and Orange Creamsicle Punch. We watched part of the DVD and passed around products, and talked about the recipes we brought. We also shared tips from the CD (anyone who brought a tip got a PayDay bar because knowing more about the products will increase your pay day :) ).

Great idea!

1. Which recipe should I choose for my cluster meeting menu?

It can be challenging to decide on a recipe for a cluster meeting menu, especially when there are multiple options that sound delicious. Ultimately, the best recipe choice will depend on your personal preferences and the overall theme or feel of the meeting. Take some time to consider which dish will best complement the other menu items and make a decision based on what you think will be most enjoyable for your guests.

2. Should I stick with the Beef Enchilada Casserole or try a different recipe?

If you initially told your Director that you would bring the Beef Enchilada Casserole, it may be best to stick with that choice. However, if you are unsure or have found another recipe that you are more excited about, it is okay to make a change. Just be sure to communicate with your Director and let her know of any changes to the menu.

3. Is it important to try out the theme show recipes?

It can be beneficial to try out theme show recipes, as they are specifically designed to showcase Pampered Chef products and can often be a hit with guests. However, it is not necessary to include a theme show recipe in every menu. Consider the overall balance of your menu and choose the recipes that you are most excited about.

4. Should I be concerned about there being too many pizzas on the menu?

Having multiple pizza options on the menu can be a great idea for a cluster meeting, as they are easy to prepare and can cater to a variety of dietary restrictions. However, if you are worried about having too many similar dishes, you can consider adding some variety by choosing different crusts, toppings, or styles of pizza.

5. How can I make a decision if I am still unsure?

If you are still unsure about which recipe to choose, it may be helpful to get some input from others. Consider asking friends or family members for their opinions, or even ask your Director or fellow cluster members for their thoughts. Ultimately, the most important thing is to choose a recipe that you are excited about and confident in preparing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
taterbug
Replies
Views
chefann
  • LibrarianChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MomToEli