• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Perfect Candy Bar for This Recipe?

etc. I think it would be better as a main dish. I also think the recipe would be better with a different candy bar.It uses a lot of bowls and takes some time. You have to melt things and stop and stir it every 30 seconds (takes too much attention), plus sift ingredients, use... etc.
babywings76
Gold Member
So what is the candy bar it is wanting for this recipe? The description just cracks me up. I stare at the candy isle scratching my head. :rolleyes: :cool:

It's "2 bars (2 oz each) chocolate-covered caramel-peanut candy"

Is that a Snickers? Or do snickers have nougat and that's not the right candy for this?

I'm sure it doesn't really matter that much, but the perfectionist in me wants to make the recipe as stated (at least for the 1st time I do it). I tweak things on later batches.

I know they cannot use name brands but this always irritates me! I was thinking snickers but like you said it has nougat.

I figured it was Snickers, but it says any candy bar can be substituted for it in the "cook's tips" section. I had a couple Milky Way candy bars, so I used those and added a tiny bit more chopped peanuts to the top along with the pecans. I should have cut up the candy bar into smaller pieces, though.

I think it's a Baby Ruth...but now that you mention it, who knows!I think about any candy bar mentioned would work really. Is there a demo video? I know that's only how I figured out that Rolo's are used in the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. :)

Hmm, I think I like Snickers in general better than Baby Ruth's, so I think I'll stick w/ the Snickers. :D It's funny because a Baby Ruth also has chocolate, peanuts, caramel, and nougat. So going by the description, they are the same as a Snickers. But they definitely aren't the same candy.

I'm using the "Atkins" version of the snickers when I try it. I'm just so excited they gave me a brownie recipe that I can make almost sugar free. YAY!

Payday Avalanche!! :) Of course I had to check amazon.com to find it but thats one option. I've been wondering the same thing.

It is a Baby Ruth Candy bar and oh they are so good! I emailed the recipe to a friend of mine who works at the Baby Ruth factory and she was soooooo excited! Especially when she told me that she is getting sick of the candy bar, but not anymore!

you can always email the test kitchens and ask.

I made it with the Snickers and it was a big hit. It was my son's Pinewood Derby last night and we were supposed to bring a treat. It's amazing how many packages of Oreos and other bought goods were there. There were only 2 other people who brought something homemade. Mine was a hit though. People came up to me later, because they saw me carrying my DCB away, and said how much they loved them. :)

I did the same thing not knowing which candy bar to use lol. I ended up using the snickers and it was amazing!!

I'd like to make these but I don't have the square baker. Anyone make them in a different stoneware piece?

The recipe says that you can use the Deep Covered Baker as a substitute. That's what I used. You don't use the lid, though.

babywings76 said:
The recipe says that you can use the Deep Covered Baker as a substitute. That's what I used. You don't use the lid, though.

Oh it does? Apparently I need to read a little bit more carefully. Thanks, Amanda!

Where is this recipe located?

Melissa78 said:
Where is this recipe located?

It's in the Spring/Summer 2010 Season's Best.

Have every type of candy(plain dark) in the house it seems,but no snickers. Looks like dh will be on a candy run if he wants a snack tonight :)

If it's just for your DH's craving... and since they are just brownies, you can sprinkle whatever candy you want on them. I bet even just PB cups would be good, with extra peanuts instead of the pecans. It does say on the recipe you can substitute any candy you want. :)

I thought about offering this as a second recipe with the artichoke bacon bites. Def do it in the DCB instead of the other baker at a show.

I'm surprised they didn't make the primary dish the DCB, and then say "you can also use.." the other smaller/cheaper one. ;)

esavvymom said:
I'm surprised they didn't make the primary dish the DCB, and then say "you can also use.." the other smaller/cheaper one. ;)

Probably because brownies are "typically" made in a square baking pan.

I liked this recipe, but I'm not thinking it's a good second recipe. It uses a lot of bowls and takes some time. You have to melt things and stop and stir it every 30 seconds (takes too much attention), plus sift ingredients, use lots of tools, etc. Which is fine, but when doing a second recipe at a show, I usually want something a little easier and quicker to assemble.

babywings76 said:
I liked this recipe, but I'm not thinking it's a good second recipe. It uses a lot of bowls and takes some time. You have to melt things and stop and stir it every 30 seconds (takes too much attention), plus sift ingredients, use lots of tools, etc. Which is fine, but when doing a second recipe at a show, I usually want something a little easier and quicker to assemble.

Good to know, I haven't made them yet.

Has anyone tried using a boxed brownie?? I am not a "baker" so I don't know what would need to be done to make it work. I think if you could use a box it would make a GREAT second recipe!!

I took them already made to a show saturday and every is asking the host for the recipe!
I gave away my only book, so don't have it now!

I made these in the deep covered baker and they overflowed in the microwave based on the 7 minutes. I don't have a turntable, so I'm not sure if this had something to do with it.

I'm guessing it's the turntable issue, Malinda. My turntable didn't used to turn and I felt like I had to turn the DCB every 3 minutes. I never tried cakes in it.I just got a new micro and it is so nice to use it for these things.But I'm not sure I'd do a micro recipe at a show ... way too many questions about how the host's micro works!

Just thought I would let you know that I made the brownies last night and I was really short on time so I made the whole thing in the DCB without any bowls. I just melted the choc and butter in the baker (it melted quicker too) and added the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mixed and then added the flour( I don't sift it) and baking powder and mixed and baked for 7 minutes. It worked just fine! Doing it this way makes it much easier!

lauriedip said:
I took them already made to a show saturday and every is asking the host for the recipe!
I gave away my only book, so don't have it now!

You can find it on consultant corner under Season Best recipes. You can even email it to your host!

FYI...I made this w/ whole wheat flour and Splenda - ICK! Usually I can substitute those items to make it a little healthier but not this time. :cry: Very, very icky! The way they have the recipe is Awesome though!

I used the small bar pan and it worked great. I also just mixed all the ingredients together, didn't sift, etc. and it was great!

chefcharity said:
You can find it on consultant corner under Season Best recipes. You can even email it to your host!

Thank you! I will get it there. I didn't think they put recipes on there when they are in current books to buy. I put it on my website so they have to go there to get it! I'm really trying to get people to my website more!

I made these last night in the DCB using the even quicker, easier method of dumping everything in the DCB. They came out fabulous! I just had a taste, but hubby had three!:love: I'm taking the rest to work so he (we) doesn't eat them all! Could definitely do this as a show demo, even as a second recipe!

:love:Thanks so much for this thread! I didn't realize either that the DCB can be used for this and now I'm excited! I am ALWAYS looking for recipes for the DCB as I sell a TON of them and ALWAYS use it at EVERY show! I usually sell at least 2 per show. WOOHOO! :sing:

1. What is the perfect candy bar for this recipe?

The perfect candy bar for this recipe is 2 bars (2 oz each) of chocolate-covered caramel-peanut candy.

2. Is that a Snickers?

No, this recipe calls for a specific candy bar that is chocolate-covered with caramel and peanuts. Snickers may have a similar flavor profile, but it is not the same candy bar.

3. Do Snickers have nougat?

Yes, Snickers do have nougat, which is not listed as an ingredient in this recipe. It is best to use the recommended candy bar for the best results.

4. Can I use a different candy bar?

You can certainly experiment with different candy bars, but the recommended candy bar will provide the intended flavor and texture for this recipe. It is best to stick to the original recipe for the first time, and then make adjustments for personal preference in future batches.

5. Is it necessary to use the exact candy bar listed in the recipe?

While it is not necessary to use the exact candy bar listed, it is recommended for the best results. Different candy bars may alter the flavor and texture of the final product. However, feel free to experiment and find the perfect candy bar for your personal taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kam