• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tiramisu Brownie Trifle Question

In summary, the recipe calls for one family size box of brownie mix, plus adds one egg for cake-like flavor. The Tiramisu Trifle calls for the same size box of brownie mix, but also includes 1/2 cup of hazelnut chocolate chips. The brownies in the trifle are thinner and not as dense as those in the Nutty Caramel Brownies. The brownies in the trifle are also richer, with more hazelnut chocolate chips. The family size box of brownie mix produces enough brownies for the trifle, but the cake-like brownies produced in the Large Bar Pan are better.
kam
Staff member
I am making this for a cluster meeting and I have a question on the brownies.

I just made the Watm Nutty Caramel Brownies and that recipe calls for the same size box brownie mix (18-21 oz), plus adds 1 egg for cake-like plus brown sugar plus choc chips in the Large Bar Pan.

The Tiramisu Trifle calls for the 18-21 oz box baked in the Large Bar Pan also.

While I LOVED the Nutty Caramel Brownies, I don't think they were thick enough (or cake-like enough) for a trifle. Maybe it's just me, but I think I would want something softer in the trifle, not chewy or thin.

Has anyone made this trifle---any thoughts?

Should I put 2 of the samller boxes of brownie mix together in the Large Bar Pan?

hmmm...I always make one box in the medium bar pan.

DebbieJ said:
hmmm...I always make one box in the medium bar pan.

The family size box? I think this is what I might do. I am hoping that will make enough browie for the trifle.

I have made that trifle. I used one family size box brownie mix (9x13) but since the recipe didn't SAY to do the cake-like version I didn't add that extra egg. I would definitely add the extra egg next time but the brownies are enough. This is very good but very rich!

I added some of our new Hazelnut Chocolate sprinkles to the top - next time it'll be on all layers - really added something when you got some of those in your bite!:love:

BethCooks4U said:
I have made that trifle. I used one family size box brownie mix (9x13) but since the recipe didn't SAY to do the cake-like version I didn't add that extra egg. I would definitely add the extra egg next time but the brownies are enough. This is very good but very rich!

I added some of our new Hazelnut Chocolate sprinkles to the top - next time it'll be on all layers - really added something when you got some of those in your bite!:love:

Using the Large Bar Pan, did you have brownies left over - or would the medium bar pan produce enough, do you think?

Great idea about the new sprinkles! Thanks!

I made this twice...once for my family and once for my cluster. In one of them I made the cake-like brownies...in the other I made the regular brownies. In my opinion the cake-like brownies are far better for this recipe than the others. They give it height and better texture. IMO

kam said:
Using the Large Bar Pan, did you have brownies left over - or would the medium bar pan produce enough, do you think?

Great idea about the new sprinkles! Thanks!

I would do it in the large bar pan. You need the larger number of cubes of brownie.

I agree...to eat brownies, I like the fudgy texture...but for a trifle, I think you would want the cake like version of them. I think the large bar pan would work...you would just have thinner pieces. (Just do a double layer of brownies if you want on each brownie layer) Then you are still showing a more versatile piece of stoneware.

I've always just used one box of brownie mix (9x13 size box) in the large bar pan with great results. I agree, do the cake-like brownie version though.

The cubes are plenty large enough for a trifle.

I'm making this tonight for cluster meeting. I used the large bar pan and made them with 3 eggs looks great. Can't wait to taste it tonight.

Thanks everyone!

I feel much more confident now. I am making the brownies tonight - I will make the cake-like! :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tiramisu Brownie Trifle?

To make Tiramisu Brownie Trifle, you will need:

• 1 package of brownie mix
  • 1/4 cup of strong brewed coffee
  • 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • Cocoa powder for dusting
  • Optional: chocolate chips or shavings for topping

2. How do I prepare the brownie mix for the trifle?

Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions and let it cool completely. Once cooled, cut the brownies into small bite-sized pieces.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mascarpone?

Yes, you can use cream cheese as a substitute for mascarpone in this recipe. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

4. How far in advance can I make the trifle?

You can make the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

5. Can I make this trifle without coffee?

Yes, if you do not want to use coffee, you can substitute it with chocolate milk or a coffee-flavored liqueur. However, the coffee adds a nice depth of flavor to the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih