• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Brownie Mix for Thicker Brownies?

In summary, the author made brownies using a recipe that is not specifically tailored to Canada, but they were delicious nonetheless. The author uses a mix that is available at Costco, which she states is "out of this world." Next, the author mentions that she is having a party and suggests substituting Rollos for the standard brownie mix. Finally, the author provides a recipe for the brownies.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I made these the other day, but I didn't have enough batter to go in the entire bar pan! They were really thin too when I was done. I figure I must have used the wrong kind of brownie mix.

What kind do you guys use??

I use whatever is on sale! The batter is quite thin and has to be spread. Did you make them using the 'cake-like' recipe? That makes them rise a little more. I am about to make a batch right now for a show tomorrow night!

I didn't quite get the "cake-like" recipe part. It said to add the oil, eggs and water, but it didn't have amounts and the brownie mix I got said that you only had to add water......I was confused..........but they were really delicious!! :)

That's what the problem was, then! Use a brownie that calls for eggs, oil and water. On the box, there will be a part of the recipe that will say 'for cake-like brownies..' and then tell you what to do. Typically it is just adding another egg. Typically, the box brownie mixes will work.

I use the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix that you can get at Costco (I think there are 6 mixes in a box). It's out of this world, especially with this recipe!! ;) Definitely do the "cake-like" brownies to get a thicker batter.

You definitely need to buy the brownies with both the cake-like brownies and fudgy! Use the cake-like and they are awesome! Just have some milk or ice cream near buy ;)

Thank you guys!!! :D I knew you guys would know the answer! :)

Guess I'll have to try them again this weekend.....hope that won't be too tough!! hehe Will have to make them on Sunday so I can take them to work Monday, or else I'll be eating them all myself, just like the last batch!! ;)

Make sure you buy a big enough box, too. Check the recipe to see what size it recommends. Here in the US it's an 18 oz box.

MF: I had trouble spreading them, too, but managed eventually. I find that sometimes the recipes are catered more to the US grocery selection than the CDN (or Maritime:))
For example, have you ever been able to find white chocoalte or cheesecake flavoured pudding mix?!? Doesn't exist in these parts:(

I've been wanting to try this recipe but can't for the life of me find Rollos...any suggestions for substitutions?

Chefstover2 said:
I've been wanting to try this recipe but can't for the life of me find Rollos...any suggestions for substitutions?

Not to insult you but did you look at the checkout counter. That is where I normally find them.

Chefstover2 said:

I found mine in the chocolate/candy aisle at the grocery store. I actually used mini ones.

peichef said:
MF: I had trouble spreading them, too, but managed eventually. I find that sometimes the recipes are catered more to the US grocery selection than the CDN (or Maritime:))
For example, have you ever been able to find white chocoalte or cheesecake flavoured pudding mix?!? Doesn't exist in these parts:(

You're absolutely right! Especially in the Maritimes, although we are getting better......sllllooooowwwwwlllyyyyy!!! ;)

Chefstover2 said:

I have also used Carmellos, chopped them in half (well each square in half, or quarters) and spread over top of brownies... mmmm I'm doing rollos for a party tonight though. :thumbup:

What about ordering from an online candy shop like candydirect.com?

Can someone give me this recipe? I have my first show next week.
Andrea

Chefstover2 said:

I was looking for the roll of Rollos and found them bagged in the candy aisle at the grocery store. Should be no prob with Halloween around the corner!;)

Try looking at Walmarts, that's where I found a good size bag of them, even had a few left over ; ) . They were delicious!

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly brush large par pan with oil. Combine brownie mix, water, oil, eggs (amounts stated on box of brownie mix for 9x13 pan), and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Fold in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Pour batter into bar pan. Chop 1/2 cup salted mixed nuts with food chopper and combine with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 20-22 minutes.

Meanwhile, cut 16 Rollo's candies into quarters. Put remaining chocolate chips from 12 oz bag into prep bowl and microwave for one minute. Spoon into decorator bottle or ziploc bag.

Remove bar pan from oven. Immediately press remaining 24 caramel candies into brownie in 4 rows of 6 candies each. Sprinkle quartered candy and 1/2 cup chopped nuts evenly over brownies. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top. (I then demo the microplane by grating a few nuts over the top.)

Cut into squares and serve warm with ice cream if desired.

Thanks!
Andrea

I made mine using a "family size" mix. . . one that would fit in a 9x13 pan.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?

To make Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, you will need 1 package of brownie mix, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/4 cup of water, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, and 1/2 cup of caramel sauce.

2. Can I substitute the pecans with a different nut?

Yes, you can substitute the pecans with any nut of your choice, such as walnuts or almonds. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you prefer.

3. How do I make sure the brownies don't stick to the pan?

To prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan, make sure to line your baking pan with parchment paper or foil before pouring in the batter. You can also lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter.

4. Can I use a different type of pan to bake the brownies?

Absolutely! You can use a square or round baking pan, as long as it's the same size as the one specified in the brownie mix instructions. You can also use a mini muffin pan to make individual brownie bites.

5. How do I know when the brownies are done baking?

You can check if the brownies are done by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the brownies are ready. You can also gently press the center of the brownies – if they spring back, they are done. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so it's best to follow the instructions on the brownie mix and check for doneness accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • RossDeb2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smithcooking
  • krahema