• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Brownies on Stoneware: Tips for Perfect Results

,I'm sorry to hear that the large bar pan won't fit in most German ovens. I've never used it that way myself, but I know a few people who have. It sounds like you could still make them in the rectangular baker or the deep dish, though. Either way, they'll be delicious!
pampered_rae
Gold Member
Can I make a box of brownies on the Large Bar pan or will they be too thin? Which stoneware would work the BEST?

They may be too thin. I always make mine in my medium bar pan & it's perfect.

I make them in the 9x13 or thick ones in the deep dish or rectangle baker.

Pk I have the rectangular baker and the deep dish. Which one is the 9 x 13??

I make mine in the large bar pan all the time, especially for making brownies for the ice cream sandwich maker. Just be sure to make them "cake like" (usually adding an extra egg) and to line the pan with parchment paper.

HTHSIID...

Nicole, that sounds great. I'll have to let people know one more way to use the large bar pan. It's one of my favorite, most used items. I talk about it a lot at shows.

Plus, sprinkle the top with choc chips and put back in the oven for a min or two to melt. You could add marshallows to that... oh oh ... an idea here...

Take graham crackers and spread them on the bottom of the bar pan. Pour your brownie mix over top, bake. Remove from oven, sprinkle with choc chips and mini marshallows and let them melt for a minute or two. Take your knife, or small spreader, and sort of smoosh the chips and marshmallows over top the brownies and let cool. VIOLA.. s'more brownies.

It's just me and husband, (I'm not forgetting Enzo, but he doesn't do sugar!) so I can't test drive this recipe idea, but it sure sounds like it would work. Anyone up for a challenge??

I do 2 boxes for the Large Bar Pan ~ perfect!

Ginny

Symphony Brownies in the Square Baker YUMMMO!!

I have made one box in the large bar pan - they are thin, but not too thin, IMO.

In the It's Good For You cookbook there's a recipe for "Fudgy Brownies" and they taste amazing and are the perfect size for the large Bar Pan--they're also low cal/fat

Love them!

PS-It calls for 70% veg spread I am almost positive that is I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and it is a crucial ingredient requirement to the recipe. I had a hostess use butter and they were way too too rich no one liked it.

Last edited:
MGG said:
PS-It calls for 70% veg spread I am almost positive that is I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and it is a crucial ingredient requirement to the recipe. I had a hostess use butter and they were way too too rich no one liked it.
A lot of spreads are about 70% veg oil. Not margarine - that's got a higher oil content so that it more closely mimics butter. In spreads, the other 30% is usually water, which is why you're not supposed to cook with it unless it's a recipe specifically designed for it. And that's also why the brownies came out too rich when the cook used butter - it had more fat and less water than the recipe was designed to have.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

Just a quick note in case you aren't already aware: the large bar pan will not fit in the majority of the german ovens.

Sometimes it will fit by sliding in like a rack, but the product use and care card says the stoneware shouldn't be in contact with the sides or door of the oven. (I do it at home, but I don't ever use the large bar pan at shows.)

It's unfortunate that this is the piece in the kit.
Kris

Related to Making Brownies on Stoneware: Tips for Perfect Results

1. How do I make fudgy brownies instead of cake-like brownies?

To make fudgy brownies, use a higher ratio of fat to flour. This can be achieved by using more butter or swapping some of the all-purpose flour for a more finely ground flour, such as cake flour. You can also add an extra egg or use less baking powder to create a denser texture.

2. Can I use a different type of oil instead of vegetable oil?

Yes, you can use a variety of oils in your brownie recipe. Some popular substitutes for vegetable oil include coconut oil, canola oil, or even melted butter. Just keep in mind that different oils may slightly alter the flavor and texture of your brownies.

3. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the pan?

The best way to prevent your brownies from sticking to the pan is to line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Make sure to leave some overhang on the sides for easy removal. You can also grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter.

4. Can I make brownies without using eggs?

Yes, you can make brownies without using eggs. Some common substitutes for eggs in brownie recipes include applesauce, mashed bananas, or flaxseed meal mixed with water. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different, but they will still be delicious!

5. How can I tell when my brownies are done baking?

The best way to tell if your brownies are done baking is to insert a toothpick or knife into the center. If it comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs, they are done. It is better to slightly underbake your brownies than to overbake them, as they will continue to cook and firm up as they cool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Marg
  • RossDeb2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smithcooking
  • kam