• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Brownies and Stoneware

In summary, when making brownies using Stoneware, it is recommended to use the 350 degree instructions for a non-dark pan and to spray the stoneware with a spritzer beforehand to prevent sticking. Some have had success turning the oven down by 25 degrees to avoid burning. Popular Stoneware pieces for making brownies include the Medium Bar Pan, 9x13 (rectangular) baker, and medium sheet pan. Other tips include following the recipe instructions and using a larger pan for a double batch.
SummerG
Hi there!

Can you share your tips for perfect brownies using Stoneware? Most box mixes (such as Duncan Hines) call for 350 degrees for metal pans or 325 degrees for glass, dark or non-stick pans. Using Stoneware, what do you usually choose? And what piece of Stoneware do you normally use?

Would love to hear any other tips if you have them.

Thanks!! :chef:

I usually make a family sized box in the Medium Bar Pan and follow the 350 degree directions. They come out perfect.

I use the 9x13 (rectangular) baker and use the 350 degree directions. I also make sure that I always spray the stoneware piece with the spritzer first. I do this because, in my experience, it doesn't matter how seasoned the stone is; if I don't spray it the brownies will stick.

I always follow the directions for a non-dark pan, which would be the higher temp. Some times they have to bake a tad bit longer, but they'll turn out moist and yummy! :)

I just made the Warm Nutty Brownies and followed the instructions. The box said 350 but the recipe 375. I followed the recipe they are awesome!! Had to give some to the neighbors otherwise I could eat the whole pan myself!

I turn the oven down 25 degrees because my oven burns EVERYTHING. I've never made anything but cake-like brownies successfully in the bar pan ... I'm going to try them in the square baker and see how they do.

I made the Warm Carmel nutty browines last night as a show in lg bar pan, but the hosts oven was old and the temp was wrong, so the edges were black and the center was a little gooey but everyone liked them and the host said, my oven doesn't work very well before I put them in and of course we didn't have anything to make. OH WELL>

I make my brownies in the medium bar pan (stone) using the 350 and they come out great. I did last time use the medium sheet pan at 350 and that held a double batch and they came out great too. I also sprayed both pans prior to putting the batter in.

1. Can I bake brownies in stoneware?

Yes, stoneware is excellent for baking brownies! It evenly distributes heat and helps create a crispy crust on the edges while keeping the center moist and fudgy.

2. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the stoneware?

Before pouring the brownie batter into the stoneware, lightly grease it with butter or cooking spray. This will create a non-stick surface and make it easier to remove the brownies after baking.

3. Do I need to preheat my stoneware before baking brownies?

Yes, it is essential to preheat your stoneware before baking brownies. Preheating helps the stoneware to evenly distribute heat and ensures that the brownies will cook properly.

4. Can I cut and serve the brownies directly on the stoneware?

Yes, you can cut and serve the brownies directly on the stoneware. However, be careful not to use metal utensils as they can scratch the stoneware. Instead, use a plastic or silicone spatula to remove the brownies.

5. How do I clean my stoneware after baking brownies?

To clean your stoneware, let it cool down completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh cleaning agents or metal scrubbers as they can damage the stoneware's surface. You can also use a stoneware cleaner for tougher stains. Always dry the stoneware thoroughly before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • jesusluvsu2005