• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for the Better than Sex Cake described by the caller?

In summary, a confused woman received a call from someone looking for a Pampered Chef recipe that she had tried at a party. The recipe involved a rectangular baker, with either chocolate or yellow cake, topped with ice cream or whipped topping and nugget candy. The caller had seen a sticker on the consultant's car and got her number from there. The consultant suggested a Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle or Paula Dean's "better than sex" cake as possible options. It was mentioned that Town and Country no longer sells Pampered Chef products.
chef_kimmo
Gold Member
:confused: I am hoping you all can help me.... :confused:

I received a call today from a lady who asks me if I do Pampered Chef. Yes, me being me wanted to say well you called me but I didn't. I was excited and said yes I do and she says I do not know how I got your number but I was at a show one time with another consultant who made this really good cake and I want to make it again but can't remember the recipe.

As she described it I tried to do some searches on Consultants Corner but wasn't easily finding it so I thought of here and maybe somebody knows it a little better before I look through every cookbook.

Here is her description:
It is cooked in the Rectangular baker, it is a cake but she can't remember if it was chocolate or yellow. It had some sort of topping (maybe icecream) drizzled on it and made it moist {I am wondering if it wasn't mixed into the cake???}. She also said it had whipped topping on top and some sort of nugget type candy on top. When I asked if she thought it might be Heath Bars she said she thought so but possibly bought pre crumbled.

Any ideas which recipe??? It almost makes me think of something in the Fluted Pan but she was adament that she bought the Rectangular Baker to make this particular recipe and to use as a cake pan.

TIA,
Kim :)

OH and one other thing by the end of the call I asked her if she thought she got my number from the sticker on my car and she said thought so.. They sure do pay off. I need to contact Town and Country to see if they will make me 2 more for the sides of my vehicle!!! They have helped me.

I have no idea but I'm really thinking about getting those decals. My problem is that I have a lead foot and I'm afriad people wouldn't want to book a show with my crazy driving!!!:eek:

I hear you. I have had to be a better driver because I have tendancy to not allow someone to bully me over.

Where I live there is traffic in a bad way and on the way to work there is an area where it gets back up. Some people will decide the break down lane is there very own lane and start driving down it. I have (when I didn't have the decals) moved over so they couldn't get by. Usually I miss catching them but once or twice I have done it. One time one lady snuck by just before I could get over and she turned and pointed and saids something to me. I gave her a hand motion (no it wasn't the finger!) but to single come on back if you want to say something. She sat and gave me a glare and drove on. I realized once I put my cell phone and other info for public to see I better do that any more!!

On a lighter side I have had people call to tell me I had a tail lights out as well as ask for orders and catalogs. They are well worth the cost and the hassle it was getting it on straight.

chef_kimmo said:
:confused: I am hoping you all can help me.... :confused:

It sounds like Double chocolate Mocha Trifle

This was a brownie bottom made in the rect. baker & or the Bar Pan
Your options:
A. Mix cool whip, coffee(instant with water) and a pudding mix. Slather all over top and sprinkle with crushed heath bar. OR
Layer Brownies, cream mixture, heath in Chillzanne bowl. Delicious and never a morsel left.

Last edited:
YummyWell, if anything you might have just answered what I was just searching for but I will this lady and ask her if that is it. I was looking for a Trifle Recipe with chocolate.

THANKS,
Kim

Does Town and Country stil do PC stuff???? If so what's their website??

Paula Dean has a "better than sex" cake.

Regular chocolate cake... you poke holes and pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over top. Let sit, drizzle with chocolate (and caramel, I think) topping, then a layer of whipped cream, then more drizzle, then sprinkle with health bar pieces or chips. It's not an offical PC cake, but it might be what she had in mind.

Or how about the turtle fudge cake?? But that's usu made in the skillet.

Pampered Chef no longer has Town & Country as a vendor. Merrill may have what you are looking for--not sure.

chef_kimmo said:
Well, if anything you might have just answered what I was just searching for but I will this lady and ask her if that is it. I was looking for a Trifle Recipe with chocolate.

THANKS,
Kim

Kim:

I uploaded a booklet with trifle recipes on here that has fruit and chocolate recipes. Go to files and then put in trifle bowl recipes and you will find some.

pamperedharriet said:
Kim:

I uploaded a booklet with trifle recipes on here that has fruit and chocolate recipes. Go to files and then put in trifle bowl recipes and you will find some.

Thanks I had gone to the files folder after that last post and saw quite the book of recipes. We should be able to find anything in there.

Thank you,
Kim

While Town & Country may not be our official vendor, I had heard that Town and Country might still be able to sell you things that are as they were when they sold them. Don't quote me and don't go getting them trouble - it may be a rumor but there are a few things that they sold that Merrell doesn't - for instance these decals. I love mine!

chef_kimmo said:
Thanks I had gone to the files folder after that last post and saw quite the book of recipes. We should be able to find anything in there.

Thank you,
Kim

Your welcome Kim. I had a lot of people from CS contribute recipes and websites to find some of the recipes that I was able to include in the booklet.

PamperChefCarol said:
Or how about the turtle fudge cake?? But that's usu made in the skillet.

I love the Turtle Fudge Cake! It doesn't have cool whip or the Heath bars but it keeps coming back to mind.

Thanks though ;)

I know Merrill & Town & Country don't carry the same stuff but just a suggestion to check it out. I just don't know if Town & Country still can sell PC stuff.

could it be the red velvet cake?
it has raspberries, devils food cake mix raspberry gelatin frozen whipped topping or ice cream with chocolate sprinkled on top

Have you tried looking at this site? http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm

PampMomof3 said:
I have no idea but I'm really thinking about getting those decals. My problem is that I have a lead foot and I'm afriad people wouldn't want to book a show with my crazy driving!!!:eek:

You and me both, lol.

I haven't tried Joyce's becauase it doesn't have a search engine - you have to hunt. I will be checking my cookbooks. That is a good thought though.

I keep thinking it is a pizza or something in a fluted pan.

That sounds a lot like the Tres Leches cake. It's in the Spanish Season's Best for the past 3 seasons, according to CC. When I looked it up, it was actually in English for the recipe. :rolleyes:

1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup sliced natural almonds, coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Korintje Cinnamon
1 strawberry (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using whole eggs in place of egg whites and omitting oil. Spray Deep Dish Baker with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, sour cream and vanilla. Whisk until well blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Using Serrated Bread Knife, remove crown from top of cake, creating a flat surface and exposing interior of cake. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly over cake; allowing mixture to soak completely into cake.

3. Spread half of the whipped topping over cake using Large Spreader. Sprinkle surface lightly with cinnamon. Attach open-star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe a decorative border over top of cake. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over border. If desired, garnish cake with a strawberry fan using Egg Slicer Plus®.

Kim - The recipe you described sounds a lot like the Better than Sex cake that Carol described. I make that at shows a LOT - slightly different, I think, than Paula Deen's version... but very close. I got it from my director, who also makes it all the time, and I think a lot of our team does too. Here's my Better than Sex Cake:

Devils food cake baked in Rect Baker. Let cool 5 minutes, then poke holes all over top of cake 2" apart with handle of a wooden spoon. Drizzle 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk in the holes. (I make the cake ahead up to this point and bring it to the show like this.)
At the show, combine 1 jar caramel topping and 1 container Cool Whip. Chop up 4 Skor bars (or Heath bars) with Food Chopper... fold into cool whip mixture. Spread evenly over cake. Grate chocolate chips all over top of cake using the Microplane.

You certainly can buy toffee topping instead of chopping the Skor bars, but then you wouldn't be showing the Food Chopper, so I wouldn't recommend skipping that step for a show. At home, it's probably fine.

This cake is DELICIOUS and a very quick show recipe. I make it a lot - people request it all the time.

1. What is "Looking for Cake as Described"?

"Looking for Cake as Described" is a phrase often used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe a search for a specific type of cake or dessert recipe that meets certain criteria.

2. How do I find recipes that match the "Looking for Cake as Described" criteria?

You can search for recipes on the Pampered Chef website or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant. They can help you find recipes that match your desired criteria, such as ingredients, dietary restrictions, and occasion.

3. Can I customize the "Looking for Cake as Described" criteria?

Yes, you can customize the criteria to fit your preferences and needs. For example, you can specify if you want a gluten-free, vegan, or low-sugar cake recipe. You can also choose the type of occasion, such as a birthday, holiday, or everyday dessert.

4. Are there any tips for finding the perfect "Looking for Cake as Described" recipe?

Yes, here are a few tips:

• Be specific with your criteria to narrow down your search results.
  • Read reviews and ratings from other Pampered Chef customers to find highly recommended recipes.
  • Utilize the search filters on the website to further refine your results.
  • Don't be afraid to ask your Pampered Chef consultant for their personal recommendations.

5. Can I share my own "Looking for Cake as Described" recipe with others?

Yes, you can share your own recipe with others on the Pampered Chef website. Simply create an account and submit your recipe for review. Once approved, it will be available for other customers to try and enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flybygrace
Replies
Views
cochef
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Anne