• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have an Ingredient, Can't Remember What It Was for

In summary, to remember what an ingredient was used for, keep a recipe binder or notebook and jot down notes about each recipe. To find a recipe that uses a specific ingredient, search for it on the website or browse recipes and filter by ingredient. If you can't remember an ingredient, you can substitute a similar one and refer to online resources. To prevent forgetting, label and date leftovers and take pictures of finished dishes. If you can't find a recipe, try browsing similar ones or contacting customer service.
babywings76
Gold Member
:D :chef: :blushing:

Okay, I usually make my menu for the week and go grocery shopping with those recipes in mind. I write down the meals on my big chalkboard in our kitchen. However, I guess I didn't do that this week. :rolleyes:

So...what recipe do you know that calls for a packet of Ranch seasoning? It must have been from something on here or from a PC cookbook. Can you think of any recipes that call for it?

I dunno, but you can mix it with some bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs and make some pretty delicious oven-friend chicken.

Go to consultant corner and do a recipe search. Put in "ranch" in ingredient area and a bunch of recipes will come up for you.

Only one recipe came up, Classic Party Dip. This is going to drive me nuts! What on earth was I planning to make?!! lol

The Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Strips w/ Apple & Celery Slaw uses Ranch Dressing mix. It's in the 29 Min. Vol I.

I typed in "ranch" under Specify Ingredients and a bunch came up. Try once more.

AHA! I found it! Someone here posted a recipe called Southwestern Layered Trifle. I had printed it off and found the copy in my catalog tote. :)

Related to Have an Ingredient, Can't Remember What It Was for

1. What is the best way to remember what an ingredient was used for?

One helpful tip is to keep a recipe binder or notebook where you can jot down notes about each recipe you make. Write down the ingredients and any notes or substitutions you made. This way, you can easily refer back to it in the future.

2. How can I find a recipe that uses a specific ingredient?

You can search for recipes on our website by typing in the ingredient in the search bar. Alternatively, you can browse our collection of recipes and filter by ingredient to find one that uses the ingredient you're looking for.

3. Can I substitute a different ingredient if I can't remember what it was for?

Yes, you can definitely substitute a different ingredient if you can't remember what it was for. Just make sure to use a similar ingredient in terms of taste and texture. You can also refer to online resources for ingredient substitutions.

4. How can I prevent forgetting what an ingredient was used for in the future?

One way to prevent forgetting what an ingredient was used for is to label and date any leftovers or meal prep containers. This way, you'll know exactly what ingredients were used and for what recipe. You can also take pictures of the finished dish to refer back to later.

5. What should I do if I can't find the recipe for the ingredient I'm looking for?

If you can't find the specific recipe for the ingredient you're looking for, try browsing similar recipes or using online recipe databases. You can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance in finding a recipe that uses the ingredient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Kitchen Diva