• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help My Host/Customer/Friend!!!

In summary, Becky tried to remember the recipe for the chocolate cinnamon dip that she sent to Mari, but can't remember the ingredients. Mari asks for help, and Becky emails her with the recipe. Mari asks for directions for cooking the dip, and Becky provides them. Mari then emails Becky asking for directions on how to put a beef tenderloin in the oven, and Becky responds with a recipe and instructions for the dry rub.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Hey Everyone~Merry Christmas!I just got this email from a very good past host/friend - I'd like to help her out, but I am not a beef tenderloin kind of gal - does anyone know the answer to her question....and possibly some specific directions I could give her?I already emailed her the chocolate cinnamon dip recipe - just need to know about the beef tenderloin now!BeckyI can't find my recipe book that has the chocolate syrup and caramel sprinkles in it. I can't remember all the ingredients. I want to make for christmas eve. Please help me.MariAnother ?, can i put a beef tenderloin in my stone with beef broth and cook in oven? That is what i am making for dinner.Have a Merry Christmas!!

Sure. I think she was making sure she could use the DCB in the oven. Not what she cooks in it.

I don't see why she couldn't. Except that cooking it that way is a braise, and beef tenderloins usually do better with a dry cooking method (a roast).

stacywhitlow said:
Sure. I think she was making sure she could use the DCB in the oven. Not what she cooks in it.

No - she is asking about how to cook it!:D

She is a non-cook! She has almost the whole PC catalog, and has a$1000 show with me every year, has gotten me a couple recruits, and always has at least 3 bookings from her shows.(I have tried to recruit her for 3 years!) But every time she has a show, everyone there harrasses her about why she is having one, because she doesn't cook! Seriously! Her DH works really crazy hours, and her mom lives right across the street, so she and DS usually go there for dinner every day!
She emails me every time she attempts to cook asking for directions. That's why I knew I need to ask Cheffers for specific directions for her - if I just email her back and say "Yes, you can do that"....the next email from her will be asking for specific directions!

Becky - that bourbon cream sauce I posted was for tenderloin and a rosemary/garlic rub works the best with it. That can be cooked in a DCB although the grill REALLY is the best.

janetupnorth said:
Becky - that bourbon cream sauce I posted was for tenderloin and a rosemary/garlic rub works the best with it. That can be cooked in a DCB although the grill REALLY is the best.
See - that is the only way I've ever done tenderloin, on a grill!

How would you do it in the DCB?

P.S. ...cringing that a beef tenderloin is wasted seasoned with beef broth...I save that for roasts...

Becky - I would do the dry rub on it. I cringe a little at the microwave but it would work. She also could put it in the oven. The juices of the tenderloin should help it along if it is kept covered.

Ann - what do you think because you also mentioned dry methods?

Here is the recipe I have (rub at bottom):

Bourbon Cream Sauce for Tenderloin or other meats - I prefer it on beef tenderloin - YUM!

2 tsp. cornstarch
1Tbsp. water
½ cup bourbon whiskey
2 T. chopped shallots
1 cup reduced sodium beef or chicken broth
1 T. maple syrup
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. Dijon mustard
½ c. heavy whipping cream
1/8 tsp. ground pepper

Whisk together cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved, set aside. Add bourbon to small saucepan; add shallots. Cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2T. Add broth, syrup and Worcestershire sauce; brng to a boil. Whisk in mustard until smooth. Stir in dissolved cornstarch, cream, and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 mintues until thickened.

Rub for Beef Tenderloin or Roast

2 T olive oil
2 T rosemary
2 T minced garlic
1 T salt
1 T pepper

I don't think she is wanting to do it in the microwave....I think she bought a Beef Tenderloin, and now has no idea what to do with it!:D

I thought about telling her to grill it (hee hee - she also has all of the PC grilling tools) but I think she is wanting to use her DCB - it's new and she wants to play with it.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think she is wanting to do it in the microwave....I think she bought a Beef Tenderloin, and now has no idea what to do with it!:D

I thought about telling her to grill it (hee hee - she also has all of the PC grilling tools) but I think she is wanting to use her DCB - it's new and she wants to play with it.

How about this! Suggest the grill and her grilling tools and tell her the DCB works GREAT for veggies or potatoes on the side. That was the tenderloin gets a decent chance and she has some side dishes.

P.S. The rub above is great even if you don't make the sauce!

I've never made a whole tenderloin, but that's what Chateaubriand is - a whole tenderloin encased in pastry. If I were to make a whole tenderloin (and wanted to make it in the DCB), I'd season it with garlic, pepper and a little salt, and just roast it in the oven. Probably with some very large chunks of onions in the bottom to raise the meat from the bottom of the baker and allow the air to flow around it.

janetupnorth said:
Becky - maybe some articles will help her?

Roasting a Beef Tenderloin - Fine Cooking Article

http://www.lakewinds.com/store/How-to-Cook-Beef-Tenderloin-W6052C10528.aspx

Great minds think alike! I just went and found an article with a simple recipe for roasting Beef Tenderloin, and emailed it to her!:chef:

Well, hopefully it turns out great for her!

Related to Please Help My Host/Customer/Friend!!!

1. Can I still place an order after my host's party has ended?

Yes, as long as the party link is still active, you can place an order and it will still count towards the host's party sales.

2. How do I redeem my host rewards?

To redeem your host rewards, simply add the items you want to your cart and the rewards will automatically apply at checkout.

3. Can I modify my order after it has been placed?

Yes, as long as the order has not yet been shipped, you can make modifications by contacting our customer service team.

4. What if my order arrives damaged?

If your order arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We may require photos of the damaged items for our records.

5. Can I combine my host rewards with other discounts or promotions?

No, host rewards cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions unless otherwise stated. They can only be used towards regular priced items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Christ Follower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies