• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Non-Chocolate Trifle Recipes? Check Out These Delicious Options!

In summary, Trifles without chocolate are typically made with layers of cake or cookies, fruit, whipped cream or custard, and sometimes nuts or other toppings. Gluten-free options can be used as a substitute for the cake or cookies. Trifles can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator, but it is recommended to add fresh fruit and toppings right before serving. Any type of fruit can be used in a trifle without chocolate, and the assembly process involves layering cake or cookies, fruit, and whipped cream or custard in a large glass bowl or trifle dish.
hramsey17
I'm looking for recipes for trifles that do not contain chocolate. My dad loves desserts, but can't eat chocolate. I want to make a trifle for Christmas Eve, so any new recipes would be greatly appreciated!!

Meryy Christmas!

I posted this to another thread - it's non chocolate - I'm not fond of the stuff ;)

Use white cake for a layer, add a bit of frosting coloring* (green or red, or both seperately) to whipped topping and whip it up. Crush some peppermint candies or candy canes and sprinkle the crushed pieces between each layer and on the top. It's basically just glorified cake but it's yummy.
Layer cake, whipped topping, and peppermint. If you really like peppermint, add some extract to the cake mix before baking (but not too much.)

*frosting coloring is a bit stiffer than food coloring. It's easier to use because sometimes food coloring can make whipped topping grainy or compromise the 'fluffiness' but frosting coloring doesn't. I usually see it made by Wilton in round tubes, but there may be a store brand.

Use pound cake or angel food cake or lady fingers or any cake mix, then whatever pudding/cream mix and fruit that you want.

What ingredients are typically used in a trifle without chocolate?

Trifles without chocolate usually include layers of cake or cookies, fruit, whipped cream or custard, and sometimes nuts or other toppings.

Can I substitute the cake or cookies in a trifle without chocolate with a gluten-free option?

Yes, you can use gluten-free cake or cookies as a substitute in a trifle without chocolate. Just make sure to check the ingredients and baking instructions carefully.

How far in advance can I make a trifle without chocolate?

Trifles without chocolate can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator. However, it is best to add any fresh fruit or toppings right before serving to prevent them from becoming soggy.

Can I use any type of fruit in a trifle without chocolate?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit in a trifle without chocolate. Some popular options include berries, peaches, and tropical fruits. You can also mix and match different fruits to create unique flavor combinations.

How do I assemble a trifle without chocolate?

To assemble a trifle without chocolate, start by layering the bottom of a large glass bowl or trifle dish with cake or cookies. Then add a layer of fruit, followed by a layer of whipped cream or custard. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the dish, ending with a layer of whipped cream or custard. Garnish with any additional toppings, such as nuts or chocolate shavings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • cookn' katie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Luv 2 Cook
  • babywings76