• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth at Mall (Great Opportunity)

here's a list of things I do have in my inventory! Good tip - a girl on my team and I printed ours on different colored paper so it was easier to divvy them up afterwards! :)I do have cash n carry at mine, but people LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the discontinued items. So if you have any you want to part with, do that. Or even purchase some from the outlet if you really want to. I always have a skinny scraper, mini serv spatulas, bamboo tongs, twixits & sm mix scraper on hand. Big sellers and my go to filler gifts. That's my suggestion. People do like to leave with something and many booths WILL
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, at a cluster meeting, i just got great news..
We can participate in a booth at OpryMills Mall ( this mall gets 60,000 people in traffic on a given weekend..)

And basically, there will be 2 of us in the booth in 2 hour rotations..and we pay $30 each.

So for $30, i will be sharing the booth with just 1 other person.

ANYONE have tips on maximizing this..

( oh, and this is being put on by the mall as a 'direct sales' vendor..So the mall will be FILLED with people who are INTERESTED in direct sales..

How can I sTAND OUT?

O WOW!!! I don't have any tips for you because I have never done any booths, but I sure wish I was there!! I can't imagine the exposure you will get!!!! WOOHOOO!!!

Sounds like a great opportunity!

TIPS:

- Stand in front of the table/display, DO NOT sit behind it (or sit down at all!)

- Smile and say hello to everyone who approaches or walks by. Ask them if they are familiar with PC (if so, great - ask what they have, etc. - if not, great - tell them all about what we offer!).

- Have some kind of handout to give them - like a newsletter or flyer with recipes on it. That way, you can say "Would you like a free recipe?" and they'll take the flyer. It should have host specials, guest specials, recipes and the opportunity highlighted on it. I'm sure you can find something like that here.

- Have a drawing of some kind. You and the girl you are sharing the booth with for that shift could split the cost - say, a $25 gift certificate ($12.50 each). Have people fill out drawing slips so you can get all of their contact info and their interest level in the oppty, hosting, registry, etc. I always offer my own personal GC, then call the winner and ask what they want and have it shipped to them (order off of an open show).

- Don't steal each other's customers. Say something in the beginning to the other girl, like "How are we going to work this?" or "How about we take every other customer?" That way she'll know you're aware of what's going on and not about to let someone steal every cust. you talk to. If she tries to give someone a catalog after you already did, just tell her 'Oh, I already gave her one!' with a smile :)

- Be careful about having "freebies" - sometimes people will only come to your booth if you are offering freebies, and won't really be interested in the bus./products. I have had a SA bowl of Hershey's Kisses sometimes, but that's about it. I have tried selling 'cash & carry' at these, too, but that's a waste of time - it's too hard to have products on hand that everyone will want. If you have some duplicates that you want to get rid of, great, but don't go out of your way to have an inventory or anything like that.

Hope this helps! If I think of anything else, I'll post it!

It does sound like a GREAT opportunity. I can't wait to hear the results!!

This is a great opportunity. Just be sure to mark your prize drawing slips before you put them in the drawing so that after your shift you get the people that responded to you! And be sure to follow up with your calls within 2-3 days so any leads are fresh ones. 'Strike while the iron is hot!"

Sherry Rogers
Stillwater, OK

chefSherry said:
This is a great opportunity. Just be sure to mark your prize drawing slips before you put them in the drawing so that after your shift you get the people that responded to you! And be sure to follow up with your calls within 2-3 days so any leads are fresh ones. 'Strike while the iron is hot!"

Sherry Rogers
Stillwater, OK

Good tip - a girl on my team and I printed ours on different colored paper so it was easier to divvy them up afterwards! :)

I do have cash n carry at mine, but people LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the discontinued items. So if you have any you want to part with, do that. Or even purchase some from the outlet if you really want to. I always have a skinny scraper, mini serv spatulas, bamboo tongs, twixits & sm mix scraper on hand. Big sellers and my go to filler gifts. That's my suggestion. People do like to leave with something and many booths WILL have cash n carry. It gives people a reason to hang out at your booth for long enough to chat. No, you won't have what everyone wants, but then you can tell them they can order...blah, blah, blah. OR, what I do with the "I don't really like to order" people, I say...well, I MAY have it on hand at home (which I may) or I'm placing an order this week. I'll just tack it on there if you'd like. If you change your mind, just let me know. After all, you can return it for free. Somehow, that seems to help and then I definitely have their info and an excuse to check in with them. They tend to add onto their order then too since they are already waiting for something.Good luck!! That sounds like a GREAT opportunity!

I do a lot of fairs/booths to build business. I started a new thing that I'd love to share. I had 1 show scheduled going into July, which ancelled. At an outside local fair- I booked 6 shows right on my calendar!!! I had two signs- one that said win a _____ (you can do what ever you want) and a sign that said " Win a free cooking show!" If they were going to fill out my slip and put into the trifle bowl I asked, "Are you wanting the free cooking show?" If yes, I told them if they chose a date today on my calendar they would get it free. Free means free ingredients. Amazingly it worked!! I also gave out recipe cards with my stamp on it as my business card. You have to set a goal for yourself of what you are looking for. Bookings, recruit leads, etc. While people filled out slips I asked if they access to the web. I then had them for at least 30 seconds to tell them about my sight, business opportunity online, etc. Good luck- say hi to everyone- be ASSERTIVE!!! And be yourself. People love honest people. SMILE!!The gal that had the booth the shift before me, I overheard talking to someone that loved PC and hadn't had a show for awhile. The consultant only encouraged her to enter the drawing. She lost the easy booking.

Thanks everyone. I am excited and think this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of. I'm pretty outgoing, so i'm hoping that, combined with good planning will make this a successful event!!

WOW! Great opportunity! I love Opry Mills! If you have time, www.thebooster.comThe Booster website has some great stickers/pins about Christmas that would help you stand out.

What is a Booth at Mall event?

A Booth at Mall event is an opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to set up a booth at a local mall or shopping center and showcase our products to potential customers. It is a great way to reach a larger audience and increase sales.

How do I sign up for a Booth at Mall event?

To sign up for a Booth at Mall event, you will need to contact your team leader or the Pampered Chef home office. They will provide you with the necessary information and guidelines for participating in the event.

What products can I showcase at a Booth at Mall event?

You can showcase any Pampered Chef product at a Booth at Mall event, as long as it is in line with the mall's guidelines and regulations. It is recommended to focus on popular and seasonal products to attract more customers.

How much does it cost to participate in a Booth at Mall event?

The cost of participating in a Booth at Mall event may vary depending on the location and duration of the event. Your team leader or the Pampered Chef home office can provide you with more information on the specific costs for each event.

What are the benefits of participating in a Booth at Mall event?

Participating in a Booth at Mall event can bring numerous benefits, such as increased sales, exposure to potential customers, networking opportunities, and the chance to showcase new products. It is also a great way to expand your customer base and reach a larger audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • Kasper2010