• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of Books ... Should Still Do the Booth?

In summary, Jane is having a busy weekend ahead of her. She has a show on Friday night, and a booth in between. The booth is at a VFW 2 miles from her house and is only $5.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have a busy weekend ahead of me ... show on Friday night ... show on Sunday, and a booth in between. The booth is at a VFW 2 miles from my house and is only $5, a deal you can't beat with a stick!

Did a show last week (first live one for a while) and forgot how much they take out of me physically. That was enough to make me reconsider my plan for the booth right then and there.

Now I find I am critically low on books. I have about 5 and my Sept. 24 host wants 2 of those ... I am borrowing 10 books from my recruiter (who has dragged her feet on submitting our mutual supply order) and even if I can find more locally, I can't see buying books from somebody when I have books on the way, plus I don't know when I'd find time to get them!

Is there a way to do a booth with nothing to give people when they walk up? Honestly ... I can't see myself mailing books to 30 people who might fill out a prize drawing slip, and I am sick and tired of people snapping up books just to do nothing with them ....

I would never give a catalog at a booth anyway! You never know what they will do with it. Do you have a personal website. Make sure to hand out your business card with your website on it if so. Or have one catalog there for them to look through.

I don't ever pass out books at a booth. Unless it's one of my good customers that I haven't seen in a while, I pass out a recipe card with my info. I take a book apart & put it in sheet protectors in a binder. That's what people look through while they're shopping at the booth.

I only pass out old catalogs with the catalog label on it. I got it from the files here, "old catalogs" I think it's called. If they book a show, they get a host packet. That's the only way to get a full size catalog from me at a booth. Otherwise, I do give minis or holiday minis if, and only if, I'm asked for one. I have little flyers, like with the specials, gift ideas, etc. and recipes people can have. And, everything is smothered with my info, esp. my website. Too bad you aren't just a little closer to me, Di. I have hundreds of old catalogs! I was almost out and just got more. I'd be happy to share!

There is a flyer that I'll be taking to my booths next month. You can find it here - http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/best-tips-booths-46159/

It has a recipe and coupons on the front, and says something like "visit my website in the next 48 hours and get a free gift!"

No problem--just get some flyers printed up. And you wouldn't need to buy books off of anyone--just replace them when your order arrives. We do that all the time in our cluster.

Thanks for the link ... that looks like a great coupon!

Jane, too bad my booth is a day before my show in Geneva ... I'll wave at you as I drive north ...

Thanks for the wave, Di, but Geneva is as far east of me as you are south, probably further. That's going to be a hike for you, isn't it? It's beautiful up there though!

Di, I'm not sure where you are, but I have tons of catalogs (Fall 2008 and S/S 2008). How close are you to Medina?

I don't take more than 5 catalogs to booths with me. I hand out a recipe card with my info and I only give books to those who give me their information or are interested in hosting. I have extra books that I am willing to share until you get your order. You can stop and get on your way to Geneva. I am in Mentor, which is on your way. Geneva is a hike for me from Mentor, where are you at?

Take one catalog, remove staples, and put it in a 3 ring binder in clear plastic sheets for each page. It is a fabulous asset at a show.

And don't give up this show -- photocopy recipes to hand out, also.

Hey Di!
I have some old cattys. If you want to pick them up from me at work we could figure something out. I will go count them.
That is what I do at booths. One current catty in a binder and old ones to pass out. If they book a show I give them a packet with ONE catty in it. That way if they don't hold the date I'm only out one. If they are serious they will ask you to send them more.

I have 21 from spring/summer 08.
I work tonight, let me know.

buckeyefan08 said:
That is what I do at booths. One current catty in a binder and old ones to pass out. If they book a show I give them a packet with ONE catty in it. That way if they don't hold the date I'm only out one. If they are serious they will ask you to send them more.

What a great idea! :thumbup: That way, they still get a catty, if they're interested, but you're not out the new/current ones. Love the idea!

Also love the idea of only giving them one catty in their host packets if they book...I'm assuming you mean if they book while at the booth, or did you mean after?

Just at the booth. They don't know me personally so why would they really care if they blow me off.
KWIM?

absolutely. I completely know what you mean! I remember going to bridal fairs when I was engaged and being overwhelmed at the number of vendors... I tried to be fair to them and only approach the ones I was most interested in, but it's easy to get caught up in the "mob" mentality of going to each booth, kwim?

I had not thought of giving out last season's catty, but I think it's a great idea! :)

Thanks for all the offers ... Heather, funny you should mention Mentor, when I first scheduled the show, I said, "Geneva ... is that anywhere near Mentor?" (I have a cousin who lives there.) I thought all those "on the lake" towns were the same ...I have to drive north to about Mentor, then head East ... it's a 76 mile trek each way ... thank God for falling gas prices!Anyway ... I will talk to my director tomorrow but I think I am leaning against doing the booth, mostly due to time constraints. Even with books, I cannot wrap my brain around coming home from a 7 p.m. show, doing all my dishes, getting ready for the booth, coming home, rushing to an evening commitment and getting stuff ready for my show the next day after church. I have problems with my foot and knee that are made worse with standing. Last week, it took a day of virtually no activity to recover from my show. If I do this booth, I will not be in church on Sunday.

Oh my goodness ... what did I get myself in for???

I HAVE to do the booth! My director pointed out that since I'm on the list, it would give them a bad taste in their mouth for PC if I didn't show. I reluctantly agreed, considering that a) they may have turned away other PC vendors because of me and b) this is 2 miles from my house ... I cannot see myself not being there.

So, I tracked down a clustermate who is quitting and bought all the books from her changeover kit and the old ones she had on file which need to be stickered over. I THINK I can talk my roomate into putting stickers on them if I print them, and MAYBE get some help printing my special flyers as well. I am running low on black ink so the booth coupons will be done only if we can get to the library.

Going a bit nuts right now ...

Good Luck I hope it all works out!!

1. Can I still do a booth event if I don't have any Pampered Chef catalogs or order forms?

Yes, you can absolutely still do a booth event without any physical materials. You can utilize digital versions of our catalogs and order forms, or even create your own using our product images and descriptions. Just be sure to have a way for customers to place orders, such as through your personal website or by collecting their contact information to follow up with them later.

2. Will I still earn commission and host rewards for orders placed through a booth event?

Yes, you will still earn commission and host rewards for orders placed through a booth event. As long as the orders are placed through your personal website or by using your unique consultant code, you will receive credit for the sales.

3. Do I need to have inventory on hand for a booth event?

No, you do not need to have inventory on hand for a booth event. However, if you do have products available for purchase, it can be a great way to showcase and sell them directly to customers. Just be sure to follow company guidelines and policies regarding inventory and sales.

4. What are some tips for setting up a successful booth event?

Some tips for setting up a successful booth event include promoting it beforehand through social media and word of mouth, having eye-catching displays and decorations, offering product demos and samples, and having a way to collect customer information for follow-up. It's also important to have a positive and engaging attitude to attract potential customers.

5. Can I offer discounts or special promotions at a booth event?

Yes, you can offer discounts or special promotions at a booth event. However, be sure to follow company guidelines and policies for offering discounts and promotions. It's also important to clearly communicate any terms and conditions to customers and honor any discounts or promotions that are advertised.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• richardson3
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies