• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Guest Sales: Strategies for Successful Home Parties

In summary, the conversation is about a friend who did a party and only collected 2 small outside orders and her grand total is $85. The friend has to know more than 5 people in order to collect orders and if she wants to host the party benefits, she has to earn them.
vhadley
I'm not sure what to do. I did a party on Sat. and she only had 3 people come. She only collected 2 small outside orders and her grand total is $85. What do I do since it's not the $150?

Coach her to keep gathering orders. If you want to help her you can ask your customers and friends if there is anything they need right now that you can add. She's got to know more than 5 people.

Yes, have her contact those who couldn't come, including the ones who don't live close enough to have attended. She can collect orders from any of her friends/family in the US or on any US Military Base around the world (that person would do "direct" shipping). If she wants the host benefits, she has to EARN the host benefits. ;)

I have talked to her about it, numerous times! She's a friend of mine and even a past consultant so she definitely knows how it works. I just don't understand somebody not at least asking people (family & friends) if they want to order something!

If there's not $150 in guest orders, it's not a show.
You can contact the outside order people and see if they want to place individual orders. The direct shipping will be higher.
Your host can be her own guest if there is $65 worth of product she wants to order.

Was there something your friend really wanted? Or was she just doing a show as a favor to you and not really motivated? I had a show like that. It fizzled out and never got submitted.

Well both to the last question, she really wanted some stuff and was doing one of my original parties also. She had said before party that she had 10 confirmed guests and several possibly coming, 2 showed up and 1 was very late! So I asked her to see about all of them ordering, she claims noone wants to order, I just don't believe this. I'm sorry to sound rude, but I honestly think she's not asking them! I don't know what to do, I can't ask her friends and family for her! She wants the Deep Covered Baker and I told her she could order that and it would bump her past the $150 mark and then she could get her stoneware at 60% off. She then said she didn't realize it was that much money and doesn't think she wants it, ugh!!!

LOL, it's not rude to suspect she's not asking them. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't...who knows?
I'm with Sheila - if she wants the benefits of hosting, she has to EARN them. Esp if she was a past consultant - she knows how it works.

That being said, I have given some of my own outside orders to repeat hosts who do me favors by having a show in an incentive month where I want something. Such as, back in June where 2 shows would get you new fall product for free. A host had a party for me and was $30 short (most of the guests had just been to one of my parties a few weeks before) so I added an outside order from my own contacts for a food chopper.

If you are going for 2 October shows for the duffel bag and it is worth it to you, get your own outside orders to make up the $85. Your business, your call.

I sympathize. We've all had shows that didn't qualify, I think.

since I just started last month, I really don't have any customers yet. Everybody that I know either had a party or ordered from one of those parties. I'm hoping it works out for her! I have booked a party with strangers from every party I did, so I'm super excited about that!!! I already have my duffel bag, and I love it!!!

OK, she has until Nov 15th to get her October show submitted. I think you need to flat-out ask this host what she wants to do.

I'd just make sure the guests who DID place orders know that it's not a qualifying show yet, and their orders might be delayed or cancelled. Esp if they wrote you checks. If they gave credit cards, they won't be charged until it's submitted.

Congrats on earning the duffel! Are you on track for the $1250 to get the new consultant incentives, too? The PC dollars?

Yes, I already qualified for all my new incentives!! Sadly I've used almost all of my PC dollars, LOL! I got my website up and running and just love the business!!

Does she go on FB? Can she forward a "catalog show" e-vite from your website? You can call those guests who did place orders and let them know that the host is looking for a few more orders so she can close her show...do they know anyone wanting anything? You can give them a free gift (season's best or a rub) as a thank you.

Something a girl on our team does when someone says "I don't know that many people" is she looks on the FB page and says "Look, you have (whatever number) people!"I'm still kinda new too, so i'm still getting comfortable, but you can't be the one to find orders for her. Something I had to do for a host who was just difficult and not doing anything (called her several times, drove 45 minutes to meet her and she didn't show up etc.) is just leave it. Either submit the orders individually, or let the show sit, and maybe when the guests start hassling her that they want their stuff, then she'll be motivated to do something with it.

She said she didn't get anymore orders. So now what should I do? Cancel her show out and just put them in as individual orders but ship to me? Will that be the same shipping price to ship to the consultant?

Now that she didn't get any more orders you can either add the orders to another show you have to submit, if you have one. Then you just pick the orders up from that host's house when they come in. This might even help out the host by bumping her up to another level for more free product.

If you don't have another show to submit you need to contact the customers and see if they are still interested in purchasing and explain that since she didn't get enough to qualify for a show the orders will be direct shipped to each house but it is a higher shipping cost. OR maybe one of her few customers would like to gather a couple of orders themselves to make it a show in which case you would make that person the host and they could get the benefits. Sometimes too if the people ordering are friends they will choose to combine their order to save on the direct shipping cost (they just split it) but they have to reminded that the receipt would only be in one name and they would have to remember that for the guarantee.

So there are a few options for you. HTH!

I don't have any outside orders. Will I have to delete her party off and enter the orders individually. I can ship it to my house to help save the people money.

Yes, you will have to enter in all the orders as individual orders and will need to delete the show. Hold off on deleting it for a little while, though, so you can refer to that host's attempt and who the people were in connection to it. But, even if they get shipped to your house, the shipping is higher on individual orders. It goes by product total, not where it's being shipped to. What does the host want to do? Does she want to wash her hands of it? Verify if the guests still want the items they ordered and let them know the host doesn't have enough orders to submit the show. They can still have it ordered, but the shipping will cost more. Some might just cancel their order. Or maybe they will grab the orders and seek out one or two more on their own and want the host rewards for themselves. It's worth asking. ;) :)

So now I told her about the extra shipping and she wants to wait till Monday, a friend of hers is trying to get her more orders. Which is fine with me, but I personally think you should try to get your own orders, but I will take whatever, LOL! Thank you for all your help. Hopefully she will get the extra $65 to boost her up to the $150, better yet, way over :)

You can offer to make the friend a co-host, since she's getting orders for her. That way, she'll get the host discount AND the 10% off for a year.

If all that doesn't come through, can you put these orders on the fundraiser you were talking about in the other thread, or is that too far away?

1. How can I increase my guest sales?

There are a few things you can do to increase your guest sales. First, make sure you are actively promoting your parties and inviting as many people as possible. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or who make a purchase at the party. Additionally, make sure you are showcasing the products and demonstrating their uses to entice guests to make a purchase.

2. What if my guests are not interested in buying anything?

Even if your guests are not interested in making a purchase, you can still try to generate sales by offering booking incentives. Encourage guests to host their own party and offer a discount or free product for bookings made at the party. You can also collect contact information for those who are not interested and follow up with them later.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for parties?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement for parties. This requirement varies depending on the type of party you are hosting. For example, in-home parties require a minimum of $200 in sales, while virtual parties require a minimum of $150 in sales. If you do not meet the minimum sales requirement, you may be responsible for covering the difference.

4. What if my guests are on a tight budget?

If your guests are on a tight budget, you can still try to generate sales by promoting our more affordable products or offering payment plans. You can also suggest hosting a catalog or online party, where guests can browse and make purchases at their convenience. Remember to always be understanding and respectful of your guests' budgets.

5. What if I am not comfortable with selling?

If you are not comfortable with selling, you can still be successful at hosting parties by focusing on creating a fun and engaging atmosphere. Offer cooking demonstrations, games, and other activities to keep your guests entertained and interested in the products. You can also ask for help from more experienced consultants or attend training sessions to improve your sales skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennywardpc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
  • Handy Heather
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • melissaboyd