• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Raffle: Help Boost Sell-a-thon Sales!

The premise of this type of game is to try and sell $150 worth of squares in a given time period. The cost of the squares would be $2 per square, and the squares would need to be sold in order to win. This type of game can be marketed in a variety of ways, but the most effective method may be to simply let people know about it and see who comes by. I think it would be a good idea to have two winners at $75 each or three at $50 each.
LBurke
I am having an open house at my home Sat and am looking to help boost sales for Sell-a-thon. I was thinking of doing one of those raffles where you purchase a square for a dollar or something and then the winner gets free product. I think the premise is that you try to sell $150 in squares and submit it as a show. I saw a thread on it here somewhere that I can't find now obviously.
I was thinking of having 2 winners at $75 each or 3 at $50 each...(obviously the prize would depend on how many squares I sell...

How much should I charge for the squares? How should I market it? help!!!

Hi Laurie. Under files, search for Pampered Pool. That will bring up the cards that others have made, and you just have to personalize it.

If you charge $3.00 per square, at 50 squares, you'll have $150.00.

I don't have any tips on how to market it, since I had no takers at my table last week. Others have had success with it, though, I think. Hopefully, they'll drop in and give advice.

I'm cheap, so personally would not pay more than $1 or maybe $2 for a square. I think it's a great way to get people who may not come to your open house to contribute....

Thanks sarah, pool was the word I was looking for and couldn't think of.... I agree, no use in reinventing the wheel when my fellow cheffer's usually have fabulous stuff already made up for me to use.

I also agree with beepampered... I probably wouldn't pay more than $1 or 2 for a square... I was thinking about $2 per square or 6 for $5.

Please be aware that even when all of the money collected is distributed to the winner (the litmus that some people use to determine whether a drawing is gambling or not), this type of game is considered a raffle in many areas and is subject to local gaming laws/licensure. You may need to get a raffle license in order to cover your rear.

Hmmm.... that would be why they were making a big deal at the meeting for another event about not calling the door prizes 'raffle' items... looks like we probably have that law in my area... maybe I won't do it. wonder how much a raffle license is and where you get one.

Check with your state offices. There's probably a link to gaming or raffles on the state website.Door prizes are different, because usually the tickets aren't purchased, they're given as a bonus when you enter the event.

Hi there!First of all, congratulations on hosting an open house for your Sell-a-thon! It's a great way to showcase the amazing products and boost your sales.As for your raffle idea, it's definitely a fun and exciting way to engage your guests and potentially increase your sales. When deciding on the price for the squares, I would suggest taking into consideration the value of the prize(s) you will be giving away, as well as the number of guests you are expecting. You want to make sure that the price is reasonable for your guests, but also enough to cover the cost of the prize(s) and potentially make a profit for your business.In terms of marketing, I would recommend promoting the raffle on your social media channels, as well as through email and word of mouth. You could also consider creating a flyer or poster to display at the open house and have guests sign up for the raffle upon arrival.I hope this helps, and best of luck with your open house and raffle! Let us know how it goes.Best, [Your name]

1. What is an open house raffle?

An open house raffle is a promotional event where customers can enter to win prizes by attending an open house or purchasing products during a specific time period.

2. How does an open house raffle help boost sell-a-thon sales?

An open house raffle can attract more customers to your sell-a-thon event and incentivize them to make purchases. This can increase sales and generate buzz for your products.

3. What are some examples of prizes that can be offered in an open house raffle?

Prizes for an open house raffle can range from small kitchen gadgets to larger items like cookware sets. It's important to choose prizes that are relevant to your target audience and align with your brand.

4. How can I promote an open house raffle for my sell-a-thon?

You can promote your open house raffle through social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. You can also display posters and flyers in your store or at local businesses.

5. Are there any legal considerations for hosting an open house raffle?

Yes, there may be laws and regulations regarding raffles in your area. It's important to research and comply with any necessary permits or licenses. You may also want to consult with a legal professional for guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • juliaskitchenfun
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies