• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Increasing Catalog Party Sales: Tips and Ideas

had some where I've earned $600-700 from, while other times I've only earned $250-$300. It all depends on how motivated the host is and what their goals are for the show. I suggest having them write out a wish list of what they're hoping to get out of the show before they go, and also remind them that once they hit $200 in sales, they'll be eligible for free products. Most importantly, have them follow up with attendees afterwards to make sure they received what they wanted and to collect orders for the next show.
ughubug
So...I am trying to add business and since people are busy I dont try to talk people out of catalog parties, however, I am disappointed with the show totals lately. Last night I closed one at 150 even and another at only 260...in the past I have had $600-$700 catalog parties...I am not sure what the problem is. I have great host packets and do lots of check in calls....Any suggestions on improving sales on catalog shows? Additional discount or free product isn't working either. :p

Host coaching
ughubug said:
So...I am trying to add business and since people are busy I dont try to talk people out of catalog parties, however, I am disappointed with the show totals lately. Last night I closed one at 150 even and another at only 260...in the past I have had $600-$700 catalog parties...I am not sure what the problem is. I have great host packets and do lots of check in calls....Any suggestions on improving sales on catalog shows? Additional discount or free product isn't working either. :p

Sometimes we can host coach until we are blue in the face, but the truth is some ladies were not cut out to be our best hosts. They either do the show only to get the Host special or they don't try hard enough to collect orders and only do the minimum.
I have had some great catalog shows, and other times not so great. It all had to do with the hosts. Some ladies were motivated to get as much FREE stuff as they could without having a party, while others just did what they knew they had to do to make it a show.
I do suggest you have them write out a wish list. That is all I can think of. The hosts that I had write one out and either hand it to me or email it to me, found out how much they needed to sell in order to pay the least amount of money for these products and get most of them for FREE! This helped!

Debbie :D

Wow, I would love to have a $600-700 catalog show. Count your blessings!

Thanks for the suggestion :) Oh trust me I get thrilled about the high end catalog shows :)

Some of my biggest shows have been catalog shows. I coach them just like I would a kitchen show. Remind them that once they get $200 in sales that they will receive free products! I always try to coach mine to get at least $500 in sales. Do the 40 in 4 so that will help them remember who they need to pass the catalog around to. This concept has helped me to have 3 catalog shows over $1000.

The first thing that really helped me to start having huge catalog shows is to highlite the show amounts on the show planner. I always highlite $500, $800, and $1000. When you make your first call go over this with them. At 500 you get bla bla bla and so on. Tell them this is where you like to get all of your hosts so they will get all the great host benefits and so on. You could maybe offer an extra $15 or the host special free depending on what it is. I always keep my catalog shows open for two weeks and call at least twice during this time.

I'm sorry for the long post but I hope this helps ya! Good Luck.

BTW, I only did catalog shows for my first 5 months in the business and had top sales in my cluster and earned the ss packages. I hold more cat. shows then Kitchen shows and have the whole time even the whole year that I did pc fulltime so it's possible to have great catalog shows!!!

I've had a variety of experiences with catalog shows--at most $500, and at worst I had one that had no orders at all (recently!). I think it all has to do with how motivated the host is--we can help to a certain extent, but for instance, my recent one that closed with no orders was a busy mom who just basically emailed a dozen people and did not do any follow up or in person sales despite my suggestions. My best one was someone who was really motivated to get free products. Most of my catalog shows have been somewhere in the $250 to $300 range, so not that great, but when they are all added together and you consider how much less time they take than a cooking show, they are definitely worth it IMHO.

Catalog shows are definitely worth it and does vary widely. I've had ones that really didn't collect many orders (not enough for a show) and one recently was about $1,100! She works in a hospital and that is gold around here it seems. I didn't do anything differently. Ironically, now that I think of think one of my hosts that only collected about $100 in orders also worked in a clinic (but in a smaller town). I agree that you can have a good business doing mostly catalog shows. I know it's not what is encouraged, but I still have as much if not more contact with my catalog hosts. Plus, I really stress the booking benefit so they keep their ears open regarding things people kind of want, but not right now. I've had people book that DO NOT do parties just b/c of the upcoming June special on steak knives!

"How To Increase Outside Orders Immediately
By Caterina Rando, MA, MCC

Wouldn’t it be great if you knew every party was a huge success before you even walked in the door. There is a great and very easy way to ensure a successful party every time. All you have to do is increase outside orders. Read on to learn how.

Even when you have a great hostess who is passing out catalogs and talking up her party, it is often the case that she is separated from that catalog when it is in front of a potential customer or show guest. For example a teacher leaves a catalog in the lunchroom or a nurse leaves the catalog at the nurses station. When someone looks at that catalog and turn it over to see the name on the back they see the name of the consultant- not the hostess who they know so they usually put the catalog back down.

What you want to start doing is put a label on the front of the front of the catalog that says Mary (or whoever) is having a show, and that she is taking pre-orders, you include sales tax and payment info and mention about booking their own show. To receive a template of this sticker that you can customize for your business and each hostess email me at [email protected].

This sticker on the front of the catalog has resulted in hostess husbands coming home from work with orders and payments in perfect order and shy friends turning in several orders completely correct because the important info is on the front of the catalog.

Use this new show sticker on the front of each catalog you give a hostess and watch your outside orders increase every time.

Editors note: for a template of this sticker that you can modify for your own business email [email protected]

Caterina Rando, MA, MCC, shows women in direct selling how to book, sell, recruit and lead with ease. She is the creator of the Direct Selling with Ease® and Recruiting with Ease® programs and is a contributing author to Build It Big- 101 Secrets from Top Direct Selling Experts and More Build It Big. To read more articles, listen to business building podcasts and find out about her programs, visit http://www.directsalescoaching.com. Caterina can be reached at by email at [email protected] or by phone at 415 668-4535."

That's a great idea! Thanks for the post! I'm going to have to try this.

Thank you all for your valuable insight!!! Going for a kick butt May that leads into a FABULOUS summer!

Believe it or not I had one catalog show that actually was $1000 but that is very rare.

I don't think catalog show people are as motivated or get the catalogs to enough people or we are not giving them enough catalogs. My director has us give at least 4-5 catalogs with each packet - Catalog or cooking

That label is a great idea... I will have to try that as spread the word about my business and have all of my teacher friends help me. Thanks for the awesome post.

1. How can I encourage my customers to book more catalog parties?

One effective way to encourage customers to book more catalog parties is to offer them incentives, such as free products or discounts, for hosting a party and inviting their friends. You can also highlight the benefits of hosting a party, such as having a fun and easy way to shop for kitchen products and earning free products as a host.

2. What are some creative ways to increase sales at catalog parties?

Some creative ways to increase sales at catalog parties include offering exclusive bundles or limited-time deals, hosting virtual parties on social media platforms, and providing personalized recommendations and product demonstrations for each customer. You can also encourage guests to bring a friend or offer a referral program to expand your customer base.

3. How can I make my catalog party displays more eye-catching?

To make your catalog party displays more eye-catching, consider using attractive and themed tablecloths, incorporating colorful and visually appealing product displays, and adding decorative accents or signs. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice customers to make a purchase.

4. What are some tips for increasing sales during the holiday season?

During the holiday season, you can increase sales at catalog parties by offering holiday-themed products and bundles, promoting gift-giving ideas and solutions for busy shoppers, and hosting holiday-themed events or parties. Additionally, offering gift-wrapping services or free shipping can also attract more customers.

5. How can I follow up with customers after a catalog party to encourage more sales?

Following up with customers after a catalog party is crucial for increasing sales. You can send personalized thank-you notes or emails, offer special discounts or promotions to those who attended the party, and provide them with a link to your online catalog or social media pages to continue shopping. You can also ask for their feedback and suggestions for future parties to improve their experience and increase their likelihood of making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef