• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales with a Free Drawing Prize: Tried and Tested Strategy

In summary, offering a drawing prize to those who place orders can be a successful way to encourage people to buy more. It can get expensive, though, and you will sometimes encounter people who cancel their order if they don't win the prize.
Becky0216
Has anyone tried offering up a drawing prize to those who place orders? I was thinking for my shows, I would encourage people to order something by saying if they place an order, I will pick a name out of the orders that will win an item at the end of the show. I was thinking a bit of a better item like the batter bowls, prep bowls, or bamboo set etc.

If you tried this, did it work for you?

That can get really expensive. And, not to burst your bubble, but you will come across people who will cancel their order if they don't win. (Sad to say, but those people do pop up at shows occasionally.)I do, sometimes, give a ticket for an order. It goes into the bowl with my other "Have it, love it" tickets at the show, and I draw for something small. People are happy with any freebie, so don't spend more of your money than you need to.

I agree with Ann, you don't want to give away too much. What helps is when PC offers a free gift with a $60. If someone is close to $60, you can encourage them to buy more to get the free gift. You can also upsell your orders. If someone is ordering stoneware, encourage the stoneware cookbook, kitchen brush, etc. If someone is ordering a knife, encourage a cutting board. This will help increase your sales more.

chefann said:
That can get really expensive. And, not to burst your bubble, but you will come across people who will cancel their order if they don't win. (Sad to say, but those people do pop up at shows occasionally.)

I do, sometimes, give a ticket for an order. It goes into the bowl with my other "Have it, love it" tickets at the show, and I draw for something small. People are happy with any freebie, so don't spend more of your money than you need to.

That was my exact thought. If you do that at every show...imagine how the costs will rack up! :eek: SBRC, orange peelers, etc...those are the gifts you want to raffle. And believe me, they are happy when they win them! :)

Sometimes, what I Will do (a recommendation from my director) is offer a FREE Cookbook (or somehting along that value) to anyone who spends over $100. Then what I do is add it to the host's order with the discount, and when I print the hosts receipt, I just write on there FREE COOKBOOK for Marie, Joan, and Jenn for spending over $100. Then on the guests receipts, I write FREE COOKBOOK Compliments of Vanessa Williams.

HTH

I have done this for my host but not for individual guest. I have taken unused items that I have earned and had a promotion for an entire month of who ever has the highest sales get the product. It's funny how much someone will work for a little product! Of course I do the same thing if I am taking up an order on anything, ha! We all love FREE Stuff!

vwpamperedchef said:
Sometimes, what I Will do (a recommendation from my director) is offer a FREE Cookbook (or somehting along that value) to anyone who spends over $100. Then what I do is add it to the host's order with the discount, and when I print the hosts receipt, I just write on there FREE COOKBOOK for Marie, Joan, and Jenn for spending over $100. Then on the guests receipts, I write FREE COOKBOOK Compliments of Vanessa Williams.

HTH

I like that idea! Another idea is to do either a 40/40 or 50/50 or something along those lines. Once someone's order is $40, they can sign their name on a piece of paper that has 40 squares. My director, once she has 40 names, cuts them up & does a drawing for a $40 GC. Instead of $40, you could do it for a product, if you wanted to!!:chef:

thanks for the input. Guess I was thinking a bit ahead with stuff. Maybe I will have a regular show first before i tryi and add free product. I like the ideas given though.

I have people fill out the door prize slips and then draw a few from there to pick a prize from my basket (which contains QKP knives, Citrus Peelers, TwixIts, and Nylon Pan Scrapers--that's it!). Very rarely will I offer an incentive for ordering because PC gives us our guest specials. I will give incentives for booking, but that is awarded when the booking is held. I also give incentives for my host depending on what I need her to accomplish (sales, bookings, etc).Don't go giving stuff away from the beginning or your guests will always expect it from you.

I always give away a Season's Best Cookbook for anyone who brings a friend to the show. Then I do a drawing at the end of the show. The prize depends on the size of the show. If I only have a few people the prize will be small like bamboo spoons or something and if it is bigger, I may do something like a small batter bowl. I also give guests an incentive by telling them that if they spend at least $50 they get to complete a second raffle; $100 a third raffle and so on. I really like this tactic because I've pointed out to people, "You know, if you just spend $2.00 more you could be entered into the raffle a second time." It works like a charm. I've also done games through out the show too where they can win a prize but again it depends on the size of the show.

1. What is a "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion?

A "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion is a marketing strategy used by Pampered Chef to incentivize customers to make a purchase. It involves offering a free product to customers who meet a certain spending threshold or make a specific purchase.

2. How do I know if I qualify for the "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion?

The qualifications for the "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion may vary depending on the specific promotion. However, typically, you will need to spend a certain amount of money or purchase a specific product to qualify for the free item. The details of the promotion will be clearly stated in the offer.

3. Can I choose the free item I receive in the promotion?

In most cases, Pampered Chef will offer a selection of free items for customers to choose from. The specific items available may change from promotion to promotion. However, you will typically have a few options to choose from, allowing you to select the item that best fits your needs.

4. Can I combine the "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion with other offers?

In most cases, the "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, or promotions. However, it is always best to check the terms and conditions of the specific promotion to confirm if any exclusions apply.

5. How long does the "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion last?

The duration of the "Free Item to Boost Sales" promotion will vary depending on the specific offer. Some promotions may only last for a limited time, while others may run for a longer period. It is important to check the details of the promotion to ensure you do not miss out on the opportunity to receive a free item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies