• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I increase bookings from my catalog shows?

In summary, you can try to encourage the host to get 3 bookings and receive a free cookbook of choice.
sk8rgrrl99
I'm working on an idea to get more bookings from my catalog shows. I was thinking of maybe making up a stamper from vista print saying something like "book a show off ________'s show and receive a free gift!" I'd stamp it on the outside order forms that I give to the host. Or maybe I don't even need a stamper - I could just type in that line on the outside order forms. But I really just need help with the wording I think. Thoughts? Ideas?

You might try to encourage the host to get 3 bookings and receive a free cookbook of choice. If you make the host the one to encourage the bookings it may make it easier.

I use the Catalog Host Bingo I got from here. (You should be able to find it if you do a search.) It's helped me. Plus, I always ask the host if she wants to book a show off herself by saying, "Since you know how easy Catalog Parties are, do you want to plan to do another once the new season is here? If so, we can schedule it now."

Along with the other advice that's been given...don't forget to word it as "Book and Hold a show....to receive a free gift" to try to cut down on cancellations.
Jen

Thanks for the advice everyone! I did forget to say "book and hold a show" - close call!

There are some host tic-tac-toe games if you look through the file threads...I'm on a different computer or I'd attach mine-I have ones for just catalog and for just cooking shows...anyway, you can adjust them, but getting a booking is one of the squares!

Oooh.. I love the catalog show bingo!! Thanks. :)

I give all of my hosts and now I will include my catalog hosts, a gift certificate that I made up that says she gets $15 from me when 3 or more of her friends book and hold shows of their own. That way they only get it if all 3 hold. If they have more bookings the gift value does not increase, I tell them that it just helps them in case one cancels or something. I had one host get 5 bookings! 4 of those held and after the third one (at the 3rd show) we totaled her order and subtracted $15. I don't care if it is big or small, I just take $15 off and I don't count it against the current host either. It REALLY helps me get bookings! I have only had to actually pay out on 2 or 3. That says something about me being able to keep shows, I get a lot of cancellations but that is something else I need to work on. I do make sure that those who host know that Suzy Q. isn't going to get her gift cert. if they don't all hold their shows. They care a lot more about Suzy than they do me, so I tie it all in to her!!! Hope that helps. If I can ever figure out how to add an attachment I will, but I am not that computer saavvy?!

teresah551393 said:
I give all of my hosts and now I will include my catalog hosts, a gift certificate that I made up that says she gets $15 from me when 3 or more of her friends book and hold shows of their own. That way they only get it if all 3 hold. If they have more bookings the gift value does not increase, I tell them that it just helps them in case one cancels or something. I had one host get 5 bookings! 4 of those held and after the third one (at the 3rd show) we totaled her order and subtracted $15. I don't care if it is big or small, I just take $15 off and I don't count it against the current host either. It REALLY helps me get bookings! I have only had to actually pay out on 2 or 3. That says something about me being able to keep shows, I get a lot of cancellations but that is something else I need to work on. I do make sure that those who host know that Suzy Q. isn't going to get her gift cert. if they don't all hold their shows. They care a lot more about Suzy than they do me, so I tie it all in to her!!! Hope that helps. If I can ever figure out how to add an attachment I will, but I am not that computer saavvy?!

I like this idea, I really want to get some bookings off this catalog show. Is your gift cert in a word doc?
Schel

I really like this idea too! Does your initial host ususally place an order on the 3rd show to redeem her gift certificate or place an individual order?

I have a document word or microsoft or something like that. Sorry I don't know much about the technical stuff, I can try to send it to as many who want it or you can email me directly, am I allowed to give my email here? If you put Host Gift Certificate in the subject I will reply and attach the document. Sure wish I knew more! All the hosts that have redeemed it have always placed an order at the shows that have held and use the GC on their order at the show. 5higginsATbellsoutDOTnet
Someone who know how, email me, I will email you the document and you can figure out how to upload, I just tried, sorry.

Here is the file:

Attachments

• Host Gift Certificate_share.doc
    32 KB · Views: 684
Thank you so much Holly! By the way, this month I printed it on pink cardstock. It was prettier and more sturdy, hosts can keep up with it better that way!

I am glad I could help! That sounds like a great idea.

Have you tried just calling those who ordered and asking them? That's what I do. I can trace a LONG line of shows (still doing shows for this group) and several consultants on my team back to one catalog show in my first year of business. It's fun to do that. :)

Great advice Debbie!! Inspiring for those of us who are still "phone shy" :)

I just call and let them know how long the order will take, remind them to save their receipt for guarantee purposes, give them a few tips for their purchase (since these are things I would usually discuss with people at a live show), and then ask them about the business and about hosting. Just pretend you're sitting down face to face at checkout and it's really quite natural.

Teresa,
I would love to get the $15 gift certificate that you use for bookings for catalog shows. How do I email you to get if from you? Thanks so much.
Katie

DebbieJ said:
I just call and let them know how long the order will take, remind them to save their receipt for guarantee purposes, give them a few tips for their purchase (since these are things I would usually discuss with people at a live show), and then ask them about the business and about hosting. Just pretend you're sitting down face to face at checkout and it's really quite natural.

Just curious about this? Do you give regular order forms to catty hosts? I usually use OOF so I mail the reciepts to host after I've finalized but before the orders ship so they will have receipts that way. I really like this idea.

Katie,

I also give OOFs for catalog shows. I make sure the "ditty" is printed on the back in case they have a change of heart. After I submit the order, I print out the orders on P3 and give to the host to go in the guests' bags.

1. How do I book shows from the catalog?

Booking shows from the catalog is a great way to increase your sales and reach new customers. To do this, you can offer your catalog and order forms to friends, family, and acquaintances, and ask them to host a catalog show. You can also promote your catalog shows on social media platforms or through email marketing. Make sure to provide clear instructions on how to place an order and how to submit it to you.

2. What are the benefits of booking shows from the catalog?

Booking shows from the catalog allows you to reach a wider audience and generate more sales without having to physically be present at the show. It also gives your customers the convenience of shopping from the comfort of their own home. Additionally, it can help you build a customer base and potentially lead to future bookings and sales.

3. How do I track orders from catalog shows?

To track orders from catalog shows, make sure to have a system in place to keep track of all the orders you receive. This can be a spreadsheet, a physical order book, or a digital platform. Make sure to record the customer's name, contact information, and the products they have ordered. This will help you stay organized and ensure that all orders are processed correctly.

4. What should I do if a customer wants to return or exchange a product from a catalog show?

If a customer wants to return or exchange a product from a catalog show, it's important to have a clear return and exchange policy in place. Make sure to communicate this policy to your customers before they place an order. If a return or exchange is requested, handle it promptly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships.

5. How can I encourage repeat bookings from catalog shows?

To encourage repeat bookings from catalog shows, make sure to provide exceptional customer service and follow up with your customers after their order has been delivered. Consider offering special discounts or rewards for customers who host multiple catalog shows. You can also provide them with a catalog and order forms to share with their friends and family, making it easier for them to book a show with you again in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cathyskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • TheFreddiesCook