• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Velvet Truffles: Need Recipe ASAP!

In summary, to make chocolate truffles, melt together heavy cream and bittersweet chocolate, then let the mixture sit until firm. Roll into balls and coat with toppings of your choice. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
gwagner
Hey Ya'll!
I need the recipe for Chcolate Truffles. Not sure the exact name. I can find some of my cookbooks so I can't find the recipe!

If my memory serves me right, I think they are called Black Velvet Truffles or somethign like that. I think the only ingredients are whipping cream and baker's chocolate. Mix them together - let set, roll into balls, then coat with your choice of toppings.

If anyone has the recipe, I will be very thankful! This is what I get for waiting until the last minute! LOL

Gina

Black Velvet Truffle Bar
Cooking for Two or More

6 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp Double-Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup assorted coating such as toasted coconut; grated chocolate; finely chopped, toasted almonds; or finely chopped toffee candy bars

1. Finely chop chocolate with Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add cream. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds or until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cover; let stand at room temperature until mixture is firm enough to scoop (at least 3 hours or overnight). Using Small Scoop, scoop truffles onto serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to coat truffles.

2. Prepare assorted coatings and place into serving bowls. Roll truffles in coatings.

Yield: 12 truffles

Hi Gina! I have a great recipe for chocolate truffles that I think you'll love. Here it is:Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Toppings of your choice (cocoa powder, chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc.)Instructions:
1. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
2. Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the mixture is firm.
4. Once the mixture is firm, use a spoon or cookie scoop to form small balls of the chocolate mixture.
5. Roll the balls in your toppings of choice until they are completely coated.
6. Place the truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.That's it! These truffles are so easy to make and they taste amazing. I hope this helps and good luck with your last-minute truffle making!

Related to Black Velvet Truffles: Need Recipe ASAP!

1. Can you provide a recipe for Black Velvet Truffles?

Yes, here is a simple and delicious recipe for Black Velvet Truffles:

2. How many truffles does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 20-24 truffles, depending on the size you roll them.

3. Can I substitute the dark chocolate with milk chocolate?

Yes, you can substitute the dark chocolate with milk chocolate for a sweeter truffle. Just be sure to use high-quality chocolate for best results.

4. How long do these truffles last?

These truffles can last up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. However, they are best enjoyed within the first few days of making them for the freshest taste.

5. Can I use a different type of liquor in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of liquor you prefer, such as rum or bourbon, for a different flavor profile. Just use the same amount as the recipe calls for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • tiffanypc05