• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Truffle Recipe: Cool Whip and Chocolate Chops

In summary, the conversation is about an easy truffle recipe using Oreo cookies and cream cheese. The recipe involves crushing the cookies, mixing them with cream cheese and vanilla, shaping them into balls, and dipping them in melted chocolate. The conversation also includes suggestions for using different types of chocolate and other coatings for the truffles. One person mentions a different recipe for a Black Velvet Truffle Bar using bittersweet chocolate and heavy cream.
pamperedmomto3
I know there is a really easy truffle recipe. Could be cool whip and chocolate chops. Wondering if anyone has the recipe. TIA!

The one I love is the Oreo Cookie Truffle.

1 package double stuffed oreos
1 8 oz block cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla

Finely crush the oreos, mix thoroughly with the cream cheese and vanilla. (I do all of this in a large freezer bag) Using small scoop, scoop out onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put in freezer for at least 15 minutes.

Melt chocolate coating in microwave, and dip oreo balls in chocolate. place back on parchment lined sheet, and let dry.

Easy Peasy, and NO ONE will guess what ingredients you used to make them!

I've never made these. What kind of chocolate do you use for dipping Becky? Also, what size package of double stuff Oreos? Is it the smaller one or the larger?

I use almond bark... you could also dip them in white almond bark then drizzle some dark almond bark over them to make them pretty. These are great! I did them dipped in the dark and called them reindeer poop for Christmas for my kids! LOL! Very cute :)

I forgot about the Oreo Truffle Bites! Those are so good and easy to make. I've made a double batch in our HUGE stainless bowl. The mix n chop works great for chopping them up. I made half the batch with white almond bark and half with chocolate almond bark. The white went over a lot better than the chocolate ones. Hmmm... might have to make those for Thanksgiving now.

Thank you! Sadly the oreo truffles are not what I was referring to. I will get the recipe soon and post it because not only are they good but soooo easy too.

In Cooking for Two & More, there's a recipe for a Black Velvet Truffle Bar...not sure if these are the ones you're looking for, but they're super easy and yummy, too.

Black Velvet Truffle Bar

For an upscale, interactive dessert, allow guests to roll their own truffles in an assortment of coatings.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: About 3 hours, 15 minutes

Ingredients:
6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup assorted coatings such as toasted coconut, grated chocolate, finely-chopped pistachios, finely-chopped toasted almonds, or finely-chopped toffee candy bars

Directions:
1. Finely chop chocolate with Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add cream. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds or until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cover; let stand at room temperature until mixture is firm enough to scoop (at least three hours or overnight). Using Small Scoop, scoop truffles onto serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to coat truffles.
2. Prepare assorted coatings and place into serving bowls. Roll truffles in coatings.

Yield: 12 truffles

Nutrients per serving (2 truffles): Calories 290, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 3 g.
Diabetic exchanges per serving (2 truffles): 1 starch, 5 fat (1 carb)

Hi there! Yes, I have a super easy truffle recipe that uses Cool Whip and chocolate chips. It's perfect for a quick and delicious dessert. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: cocoa powder, chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc.Instructions:
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
2. Stir in the Cool Whip and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Place the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.
4. Once the mixture is firm, use a small cookie scoop or spoon to form into small balls.
5. Roll the truffles in your desired toppings, if using.
6. Place the truffles in the fridge for another 15-20 minutes to set.
7. Enjoy your delicious and easy truffles!I hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as I do. Let me know how they turn out for you! Happy cooking!

Related to Easy Truffle Recipe: Cool Whip and Chocolate Chops

1. What ingredients do I need for this easy truffle recipe?

To make these truffles, you will need 1 cup of Cool Whip and 12 ounces of chocolate chips (either milk or dark chocolate).

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either milk or dark chocolate, depending on your preference. You can also use chocolate bars or chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips.

3. How do I melt the chocolate for this recipe?

You can melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it is fully melted. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stovetop.

4. How do I form the truffles?

After melting the chocolate, let it cool for a few minutes. Then, use a spoon or cookie scoop to scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll them into balls. Place the truffles on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.

5. Can I add any toppings to these truffles?

Yes, you can roll the truffles in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or chopped nuts to add some extra flavor and texture. You can also drizzle melted white chocolate or sprinkle sea salt on top for a more sophisticated touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lonetta Canales
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Softballmom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Chefgirl2