• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Delicious Truffle Recipe for Christmas Dinner?

In summary, the recipe for truffles in the "Cooking for 2 or More" cookbook does not sound that good. The recipe for truffles in this article sounds much yummier!
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I cannot find my SB F/W 05. This recipe was in there. If you have it can you post it for me? I want to have a truffle bar for Christmas dinner. Thanks!

I found this in Consultants Corner on their website.

The Pampered Chef ®
Velvety Chocolate Truffles
Recipe

2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
Assorted coatings such as unsweetened cocoa powder, toasted chopped almonds, grated chocolate or toasted coconut

Coarsely chop chocolate squares using Food Chopper. Place chopped chocolate, chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 11/2-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Pour chocolate into Classic Batter Bowl using Classic Scraper; cool slightly. Fold in remaining whipped topping and vanilla.

Spread truffle mixture onto Cutting Board; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to scoop. (Do not allow chocolate to harden too long or the coatings will not adhere well to the truffles.)

Using Small Scoop, scoop truffle mixture onto small plates containing assorted coatings. For easier scooping, dip scoop into hot water after every few truffles and tap on paper towels to remove excess water. Wearing plastic gloves or using Bamboo Tongs, roll truffles in coating. Place coated truffles onto Simple Additions® Medium Square and serve.

Yield: About 40 truffles

Nutrients per serving: (1 truffle): Calories 70, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 0 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds, place almonds in Small (8-in.) Saute Pan. Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until almonds begin to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; cool completely.

To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from oven and cool completely.

If desired, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla.

For very finely grated chocolate, use the Microplane® Adjustable Grater. For more coarsely grated chocolate, use the Deluxe Cheese Grater.

Thanks Sheila! When I checked "Recipe Search" it wouldn't let me select the recipe. Thank you for posting it! The recipe for truffles in the "Cooking for 2 or More" cookbook doesn't sound that good. The truffles won't be sweet. This recipe sounds much yummier!

1. What ingredients are used to make the velvety chocolate truffles?

The velvety chocolate truffles are made with high-quality dark chocolate, heavy cream, butter, and your choice of flavorings such as vanilla extract, espresso powder, or liqueur.

2. How do I store the velvety chocolate truffles?

Store the velvety chocolate truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Let them thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

3. Can I make the velvety chocolate truffles in advance?

Yes, you can make the velvety chocolate truffles ahead of time. They can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer and brought to room temperature before serving.

4. How many truffles does one batch make?

One batch of velvety chocolate truffles makes about 24 truffles, depending on the size you roll them.

5. Can I use milk or white chocolate instead of dark chocolate?

Yes, you can use milk or white chocolate for a different flavor, but the texture may be slightly different. Make sure to adjust the amount of cream used accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies