• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Chocolate Truffle Recipes for Saturday Demo

In summary, The Pampered Chef has a recipe for chocolate truffles in Cooking For 2 Or More. The recipe uses real cream instead of cool whip.
sk8rgrrl99
My host for Saturday is asking for chocolate truffles for the demo. Does anyone know of a PC recipe that fits this description? I did search the files and didn't find anything like that. Please advise?

Cooking For 2 Or More has a good Truffle recipe in it.

Or, you could offer the Brownie Truffle Cups...a variation of a truffle, and oh, so good!

Here is a SB recipe I found when I searched on CC - it's in the F/W 2005 SB:

The Pampered Chef ®
Velvety Chocolate Truffles
Recipe

2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
Assorted coatings such as unsweetened cocoa powder, toasted chopped almonds, grated chocolate or toasted coconut

1. Coarsely chop chocolate squares using Food Chopper. Place chopped chocolate, chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 11/2-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Pour chocolate into Classic Batter Bowl using Classic Scraper; cool slightly. Fold in remaining whipped topping and vanilla.

2. Spread truffle mixture onto Cutting Board; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to scoop. (Do not allow chocolate to harden too long or the coatings will not adhere well to the truffles.)

3. Using Small Scoop, scoop truffle mixture onto small plates containing assorted coatings. For easier scooping, dip scoop into hot water after every few truffles and tap on paper towels to remove excess water. Wearing plastic gloves or using Bamboo Tongs, roll truffles in coating. Place coated truffles onto Simple Additions® Medium Square and serve.

Yield: About 40 truffles

Nutrients per serving: (1 truffle): Calories 70, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 0 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds, place almonds in Small (8-in.) Saute Pan. Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until almonds begin to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; cool completely.

To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from oven and cool completely.

If desired, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla.

For very finely grated chocolate, use the Microplane® Adjustable Grater. For more coarsely grated chocolate, use the Deluxe Cheese Grater.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Personally, I think the one in the Cooking For 2 Or More is better - it uses real cream instead of cool whip.

Thanks SO much! I'll try it tonight and see how it goes.

Oreo Truffles1 regular size pkg. of double stuffed oreos
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (not a tub)
a dash of vanilla
Chocolate for dippingFinely chop oreo cookies with the food chopper and place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well. Using small scoop, scoop balls of cookie mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Melt the chocolate in the micro-cooker, and dip the truffles in the chocolate. Place them back on the parchment to dry.YUMMY!

Oh wow, that sounds SO good too!!!

What are the ingredients needed for the chocolate truffle recipe?

The ingredients needed for the chocolate truffle recipe are 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder for coating.

Can the recipe be made in advance?

Yes, the chocolate truffles can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Just make sure to let them come to room temperature before serving.

Can I use a different type of chocolate?

Yes, you can use different types of chocolate such as dark or milk chocolate. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar used if using a sweeter chocolate.

Do I need any special equipment to make the truffles?

You will need a small saucepan, a mixing bowl, a whisk, a baking sheet, and a small scoop or spoon for shaping the truffles.

Can I add any additional ingredients to the truffles?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or crushed candy canes for added flavor and texture. Just mix them in with the chocolate mixture before shaping the truffles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefjen80
  • tiffanypc05
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies