• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help!!! Brownie Truffles- Ss Season's Best 08

In summary, the truffle brownie cups in the S/S 08 book are not as good as the recipe suggests because they are runny and messy to eat.
heatherbug737
Okay, so my host for tomorrow night was on a really tight budget, so we chose the brownie truffles to demo because they were really cheap.

I hadn't made them until today. They were delicious, but the truffle cream isn't getting the mouse-like texture I think they're supposed to have! They're runny and quite messy to eat. (Still delicious, though! I made them for a group of people and they were raving about the taste, but commented on how messy they were.)

Help! Has anybody made these before? Can I get some suggestions? I have to demo it tomorrow night! :) (Good old procrastination at it's best!)

The first time I made them it was really messy too (like chocolate oozing over everything - couldn't stop it!)... put the ziploc bag with the filling in the fridge for a bit to firm it up before you cut it open and sqeeze it on. I agree - way yummy!

After mine sat for a while, they did firm up.So at a show, you might want to do as Alison suggests and place the chocolate in the fridge for a bit. I would say at least 15 minutes or so. (can you fill the time playing a game or something? wink, wink)They are delicious!!

I've been messing with the cream and chocolate truffle tonight and finally got it to the consistency I wanted, but it took me about thirty minutes!
I think I'm going to show them how to heat up the cream and chocolate and show them what to do and then take out the cream I already have ready. (Will it still be "tight" tomorrow if I keep it in the fridge? Or, will it be too "tight"?)

That way they can see the full demonstration without all the time getting it ready. Does this make sense?

I'm sorry, I'm still a newbie and, although I love to cook, this baking stuff is still new to me! :)

It will probably firm up too much for piping if you leave it over night. :)(I have done that for my kids... They use it as a spread between 2 ritz crackers for a snack.)Maybe make a batch in the morning and let it sit at room temperature until your show.Anyone else have thoughts?

Are you talking about the Truffle Brownie Cups in the S/S 08 book? I have made this recipe several times and have found that if you follow the recipe just as they suggest by puting the batter bowl (after mixing the cream with the chocolate morsels) into the freezer that it will take about 20 -25 minutes to thicken, but that is the key is to get that mixture to thicken - then everything else falls into place and it does not ooze out or be runny.

Great. I'll figure out a way to work that out. Thanks everybody!

Tami_Dannemiller said:
Are you talking about the Truffle Brownie Cups in the S/S 08 book? I have made this recipe several times and have found that if you follow the recipe just as they suggest by puting the batter bowl (after mixing the cream with the chocolate morsels) into the freezer that it will take about 20 -25 minutes to thicken, but that is the key is to get that mixture to thicken - then everything else falls into place and it does not ooze out or be runny.

hmmmmm. Imagine that. "follow the instructions exactly" Why didn't I think of that?

Sometimes, I get so ahead of myself and "think" I know what to do...and actually don't follow the instructions exactly.

Thank you for reminding me to slow down.

In your defense, Cyndi- the recipe states to freeze it only 10-12 minutes! That's not nearly long enough! :)

heatherbug737 said:
In your defense, Cyndi- the recipe states to freeze it only 10-12 minutes! That's not nearly long enough! :)

I have trouble with these too! Many times the filling is WAY to liquid. I end up freezing mine closer to the 30 minutes - checking every 5.

I have made them & they were very runny & messy. We did leave the choc. mix. in the freezer for 12 minutes but that was not long enough.

Yes I agree that the 10 - 12 minutes was not long enough....that is why I said 20 - 25 minutes in the freezer. These are sooooo yummy! And fun to decorate with the little trimmings!

I didn't mean to insinuate that she wasn't following directions....only that everything I have made has turned out wonderfully when I follow the directions.

Oh, Tami, I'm sorry- I didn't mean to imply that you were! I just didn't want Cyndi thinking she was wrong for actually following the directions! :)

I always end up leaving the chocolate in the freezer for over 45 minutes. Actually, I let it harden up and then spoon it into the cups and top with whipped cream (using EAD).

Someone mentioned a while back that the ganache (the chocolate topping) in this recipe will be very soft because of the ratio of chocolate to cream. If you want it to set up firmer in less time, use less cream.

I have made these many times and had issues with it being runny. Ann is right... the chocolate to cream ratio isn't right.. cut back on the cream and increase the time in the freezer. If it gets to hardened just let it rest at room temperature for a moment.

JMHO~ This is a tricky recipe to do at shows... just because you have to play the time in the freezer by ear.

Last edited:
Could you do the ganache first so that while it's firming up the guests are preparing the brownie truffles? I've never made this one, but have thought about it many times b/c it looks so great!!

I really do love the taste of them, but I think they are tricky for a demo too. I would rather do the tuxedo brownie bites for a demo, since I never have a problem with that filling.

chefshawna said:
Could you do the ganache first so that while it's firming up the guests are preparing the brownie truffles? I've never made this one, but have thought about it many times b/c it looks so great!!

You cold but even when it does firm up it is still very tricky to get it in the ziploc bag and the piped into the cups with out making a total mess. I also think that it makes the recipe look harder then it really is.

It is a great tasting and cheap recipe. You could always bring it as a pre made dessert to a show...

I have never tried putting the filling in my EAD... time for me to make these again at home!! :D

I found it difficult getting it in the plastic baggie too (didn't have the EAD at the time), but there is a new recipe in the F/W 08 Season's Best (Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches pg. 23) which in the Cook's Tip at the bottom of the page suggests: to easily drizzle chocolate over cookies, place resealable plastic bag into Measure-All Cup. Pour chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. I think I might try that

Thanks for starting this tread. I have been on vacation this past week... but tested this recipe just before I left, since I have to do it at a show next week. My choc. stuff was way too "liquidy" after 30 or so minutes in the freezer. I think I will do what Ann said and put in a little less cream. If it gets too hard, I can just use a small scoop to plop on top.

I want to make these tonight, but don't have enough semi-sweet chocolate chips, do you think the milk chocolate would make it too rich?

I have made these countless times now at shows. They're a personal favorite of mine. I always follow the recipe for the chocolate to cream ratio, but I prepare the ganache before I make the brownie cups. While it is setting in the freezer, I get the cups ready and in the oven. I stir the ganache every 5 minutes and it is usually at the perfect consistency by the time the brownie cups come out of the oven. The ganache is thick enough to set in the cups, but transfers easily to the plastic bag.

Hope that helps!

1. How do I make the brownie truffles from the Season's Best 08 collection?

To make the brownie truffles, you will need to follow the recipe in the Season's Best 08 catalog. It calls for ingredients such as brownie mix, cream cheese, and chocolate chips. The full instructions can be found on page 12 of the catalog.

2. Can I use a different type of brownie mix for the truffles?

Yes, you can use any type of brownie mix for the truffles. However, the consistency and flavor may vary depending on the mix you choose. We recommend using a high-quality mix for the best results.

3. How do I coat the truffles in chocolate?

To coat the truffles in chocolate, you will need to melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. Then, use a fork or toothpick to dip the truffles into the melted chocolate, making sure to fully coat them. Place the coated truffles on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool and harden.

4. Can I make the truffles ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the truffles ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage, just make sure to thaw them fully before serving.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or flavors to the truffles?

Absolutely! You can get creative with your truffle toppings and add things like sprinkles, crushed nuts, or even a drizzle of caramel or peanut butter. You can also experiment with different flavors by adding extracts, spices, or liqueurs to the truffle mixture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • lacychef