• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Friday - Ideas for Email and Other Questions

like Walmart...set up a designated pickup spot for people to drop off their orders?If they can't make the pick up date and time it is THEIR responsibility to pick up the order.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
This will be my first time doing a Black Friday sale.

Anybody have an email/newsletter type thing already made up for it?

Also, I was thinking of doing blocks of time for different sales...i.e. order between 3-5Am get 20% off, 5-7am 15% off, etc, etc... ( I'm just putting those numbers out there, not sure that those are the actual discounts I'll use). Anyhow, my question is, for those of you that have done this before, is there anyway to see what time an order was placed? Or do I just tell people to include it in a notes section (if there even is such a thing), on their order and take their word for it?

I do know to make sure and include somewhere in the email that this is an ONLINE order sale only! Please do NOT call me with orders. I'll either be sleeping or out hitting the sales myself :indif::)

Thanks!

i'm doing my sale(first time as well) as a show on my website. i tried asking for help with myflyer and got some ideas. if you search black friday and thanksgiving and sale you should come up with some flyers. i myself am just offering an extra 10% off, 15% for past host and am thinking of doing a drawing. haven't decided. if anyone else has any bright ideas, please let us both know.

I'm not starting my sale until Noon so that those out hitting the sales don't have to feel rushed or feel like they have to stop their shopping to order with me. I'm offering the following:
Noon-1:00 "Early Elf Special" Any order of $50 or more receives the Holiday Cookbook free.
1:00-2:00 "10% OFF HOUR" 10% off all orders.
2:00- 3:00 "Men's Hour" Any MAN placing an order of $50 or more will be placed in a drawing for a special prize (Dots Glasses, candles, Sparkling Grape Juice in a basket) as well as receiving free gift wrapping on any order shipped to me. I am explaining that a central pickup location will be announced after the orders come in.
3:00-4:00 "Servin' Up Christmas Cheer" Free Mini server with any order of $25 or more
4:00-Midnight Website Orders Only Every order receives a Season's Best Recipe Collection.

I am also going to carry some flyers around with me while I am shopping. The flyers will have the Stoneware Price List and my Black Friday sales...and, of course, my contact info! I plan to strick up conversations with anyone I can (I'll be carrying my catty bag!!!) and make sure to let them know about the GREAT specials that I have going on too!!
I'm also sending out an email to the schools to let them know that any orders they place from now until the end of November will receive a 5% return for the school.

Oh boy, I hadn't thought about distributing orders. Do you take all of them to Starbucks or something and tell everyone to meet you there? Great idea taking catalogs and flyers with you while you're out doing your shopping too.

I ALWAYS have the orders sent directly to the customers. It is not worth the hassle to me to deliver products. I do help pay shipping for some of the orders. It is part of my sale breakdown.

Chef Kearns said:
I ALWAYS have the orders sent directly to the customers. It is not worth the hassle to me to deliver products. I do help pay shipping for some of the orders. It is part of my sale breakdown.

Good idea!!

Ok...I'm also having a Black Friday sale. I have it set up on my website under Black Friday as the host. Here is a flyer that I borrowed from another consultant (the credit is not mine) and modified to fit my preferences. Good luck to everyone!:balloon:

Attachments

• Black Friday 2008.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 627
The reason that I am having it sent to me is that I am offering free gift wrapping (trying to get the men's attention) and a prize. I determine where everyone is coming from and pick the most central Wal-Mart or Grocery store or whatever. I already have the prize on hand so I would be taking that to the winner anyway.
Plus, I always plan on doing errands nearby so it isn't a wasted trip.
If they can't make the pick up date and time it is THEIR responsibility to pick up the order.

jillbean said:
I am also going to carry some flyers around with me while I am shopping. The flyers will have the Stoneware Price List and my Black Friday sales...and, of course, my contact info! I plan to strick up conversations with anyone I can (I'll be carrying my catty bag!!!) and make sure to let them know about the GREAT specials that I have going on too!!

Couldn't some of the stores say something about "no soliciting"? I know they may be busy but it could really give them some bad "taste" about PC at their sales... JMHO

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how you give them the 15% etc discount. Is this out of your own pocket?

Hey Everyone!
I'm actually hosting an Open House at my place that Saturday. I made up a flyer about it and I will be sending it to everyone I know! We are having PartyLite, Obviously PC, Avon, Lia Sophia jewelry, etc. We are also offering light refreshments and raffles!

I'll try to post the flyer.... not sure how to though.

Attachments

• Black Saturday.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 421
pcchefjane said:
Couldn't some of the stores say something about "no soliciting"? I know they may be busy but it could really give them some bad "taste" about PC at their sales... JMHO

I think it would be soliciting if you were standing outside the door and hitting up everyone that came in. If you're carrying a tote bag or wearing something PC and someone asks you about it, so you give them a flyer, I highly doubt the manager will come running and kick you out. I totally plan on taking recipe cards and flyers to hand out while I'm shopping.

Really, Kelly? I still am not comfortable with that. I do wear my logo t-shirt and carry my catalog tote but I definitely don't hand out flyers, etc. unless directly asked by someone. I sure wouldn't want someone doing that to me from another DS. To each his/her own I guess!

pcchefjane said:
Really, Kelly? I still am not comfortable with that. I do wear my logo t-shirt and carry my catalog tote but I definitely don't hand out flyers, etc. unless directly asked by someone. I sure wouldn't want someone doing that to me from another DS. To each his/her own I guess!

If I'm talking to someone about PC, I might say to them, "Would you like to see specials?" If they say yes, I will give them a flyer. We are a home-based business. We don't have the luxury of people coming to us to buy, like stores do. So what would you give people if you were talking to them? Do you ever meet people in the stores? Do you just walk away without giving them anything? Then what would be the point in carrying a tote bag or wearing logo?;)

By the way, I do plan on carrying a mini flyer about my black friday sale (something small enough to carry in my purse) so I don't have to lug around paper-sized flyers.

The discount is coming out of my pocket...I'm hoping that sales will be high enough, it will be worth it!

my sales are coming out of my pocket yes, but i'm also not expecting discounts given to be more than what i am makig on my paycheck. i would be shockd if they did. however totally worth it.

I like the idea of a Black Friday sale, but I can't personally see having all those different types of discounts for all the different times of day. I could never keep track of all that :)

Say you wanted to offer FREE S & H - instead of paying it for everyone couldn't you put it on one person's name and then only pay shipping once?

And what about offering the extra discount - if you have a ton of people ordering b/c of the % off that would get awfully expensive.

cookingwith_tara said:
Say you wanted to offer FREE S & H - instead of paying it for everyone couldn't you put it on one person's name and then only pay shipping once?

And what about offering the extra discount - if you have a ton of people ordering b/c of the % off that would get awfully expensive.

Not a good idea to put all the orders on one person's name. For one, that's really not fair to HO and more importantly, it's very unfair to your customers, as warranty's aren't transferable.

If you do the discount less than your commission your would still come out a little bit ahead.
I'm still kind of new at this and think it's great to get my name out there (hoping that my current customers will pass the sale info along) and just thinking if I do little favors like this for my customers they will keep me as their consultant.

I've had 4 and 5 customers group their orders together to not pay shipping, even though it's only $4.25 no matter how much you spend. They'd rather pay $1.00 and save themselves $3. That's why I thought it could work for those who were offering specials and other ways to do those little things for customers.

Why do you think it would be unfair to HO? (I don't get things right away, I need it explained for me to understand)

how about a Pre Black Friday sale...
Copy and paste each stone that is on sale and show the full price, then the 20% off price and then give them an extra 10% off their order.... with a $1.00 special for shipping. Then have it sent to your home and you combine orders so that you have 3 or 4 orders where basically everyone is paying for eac others shipping.

When they see a picture of a stone that shows the regular price - example 12 loaf muffin pan $32.50 now on SALE for $26.00 with an aditional 10% savings makes this item $$23.40 that is a $9.10 savings!!

Since I am out shopping on Black Friday I never thought of doing a sale myself. Then I got some information about customers leaving phone messages or emails during certain times for discounts. Duh! Excellent idea. I'll be sharing my Black Friday Sale with my newsletter recipients. Let the orders roll in!

Rae - will you post your Black Friday Sale that you're sending out? I'm having a hard time coming up with something enticing. :)

I'm keeping it sweet and simple:

10% off all orders called, e-mailed, or put in via my website under myself as host on the 28th.

All orders get a Free Season's Best

All orders must be direct ship (so I can spend December with my family). (I typically do do deliveries on something like this).

All orders over $75 I'll apply $4.25 towards the direct shipping cost

All orders must be paid by credit or debit card - unless they can get cash/check for me that day.

Person with the highest sales will get the host benefits - if there is enough to qualify for host benefits.

I would copy my invite in, but constant contact isn't connecting for me at the moment, and I'm at the office, don't have time to fittle with it.

pcchefjane:

I have been reading the black Friday threads to get ideas for my own Black Friday on line sale. I read the bible verse you have at the bottom and it has moved me. Thank you. Suddenly my sales do not seem as important to my month as I thought it was.

Elaine

Thanks Elaine! That has been my Life Verse for a number of years. I'll attach my Fabulous Black Friday Sale flyer. I took someone's skeleton and changed the things up that will be "reasonable" for me. My DD, SIL, and grandkids will be out of town Fri/Sat/Sun so I am taking advantage of being alone and doing this sale! I did drop my phone in the toilet out of my pants pocket today (ARGH) but managed to get a friend's that had upgraded without having to buy a new one! Didn't realize how much I depended on that phone!

I'm at $1,580.72 for the month so my commission is at 24% right now for the month so that will help "balance out" some of the discounts and me still make money! I would love to double my sales this month by the 30th! I have 4 catalog shows left to close on November 30th as well! I really want those to be biggies too! I've already spoken to several customers and they are really excited! One lady I delivered her $500 Show to today said she had told several people about the email I sent her last week! I told her that I was putting a copy in each order as well! She said that should generate some interest too! I want Level 2 in SAT so much! I have NEVER had a $1,000 month much less a $1,500 month before!

Attachments

• FABULOUS BLACK FRIDAY SALE 2008.doc
    53 KB · Views: 454
The flyer looks great. My question is how do you make money if you pay the shipping and give such discounts. I get 20% commission on my parties shipping alone could take that from the order. I am just a little confused on making the money.

How do you do the discounts for people that pay with credit card. Like you said this would be my discount not the home office. Do you send them a personal check for their discount?

Langrco said:
How do you do the discounts for people that pay with credit card. Like you said this would be my discount not the home office. Do you send them a personal check for their discount?

You can do more than one payment on an order. Do their credit card for the sale amount. Add a payment as Consultant Gift for the discounted amount. Make sense?

thank you, it sort of makes sense. How do you add a payment as consultant gift. I know I would just pay the difference but is there a box or something to check saying it is a consultant gift.

Yes. The same menu where you can choose credit card, check, or cash has a "Consultant Gift" option.

Oh now I see it, thanks, I wish I had seen that before I have given lots of gifts and just put the money in. Hope my hubby doesn't find out come tax time.

Kris,
Love your flyer, but seems like alot of work. When they do the web order, do you just go in and make the adjustments ( that is what I am assuming?) Duh, just read that...
Has this worked for you in the past? Mind if I use it?

HI Meredith!
Please feel free to use and change whatever you need to! I honestly haven't done this before...so I'm not sure how it will go. I've been telling everyone I talk to about it and I put some info on my website, so hopefully it pans out. If you do it, I would love s some feedback!

I "borrowed" a flyer and change it to my preferences.. I pasted it onto my website and I'm going to send out an email today. Directing them to my website.
We'll see what happens and if I get any orders.. I did bigger blocks of time for each and will include a free gift with each order. All are direct shipped too.

1. What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Black Friday - Ideas for Email and Other Questions This will be my first time doing a Black Friday sale."

The 5 most frequently asked questions about Black Friday sales are:

• What discounts will be offered?
  • What time does the sale start?
  • How long will the sale last?
  • Are there any exclusions or limitations?
  • Is the sale available online or in-store?

2. Anybody have an email/newsletter type thing already made up for it?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can access pre-made email templates through your consultant account on the company's website. These templates are specifically designed for Black Friday sales and can be customized with your personal information and promotions.

3. Also, I was thinking of doing blocks of time for different sales...i.e. order between 3-5Am get 20% off, 5-7am 15% off, etc, etc... ( I'm just putting those numbers out there, not sure that those are the actual discounts I'll use).

This is a great strategy to create a sense of urgency and encourage customers to make their purchases during specific time periods. Just make sure to clearly communicate the discounts and time blocks in your email and on your website. You can also set up automatic discounts on your website to reflect the different time blocks.

4. Anyhow, my question is, for those of you that have done this before, is there anyway to see what time an order was placed? Or do I just tell people to include it in a notes section (if there even is such a thing), on their order and take their word for it?

Unfortunately, there is no way to see the time an order was placed on the Pampered Chef website. You can either trust your customers to accurately indicate the time they placed their order in a notes section, or you can manually track the time of each order as they come in.

5. I do know to make sure and include somewhere in the email that this is an ONLINE order sale only! Please do NOT call me with orders. I'll either be sleeping or out hitting the sales myself :indif::)

It's important to clearly communicate that the sale is only available online. You can include this information in the subject line of your email and also in the body of the email. You can also add a banner or popup on your website to remind customers that the sale is online only and to discourage them from calling with orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenn822
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pchefjaime
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • confusedturtle